Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Ipswich Tickets

I''ve sent one in, but I''m a "member without the required amount of stubs" so I don''t fancy my chances

I''ve gone in for them priority group 3 so yeah not much hope. But i think id rather not go than sit in home stands not being able to cheer Holts second hatrick against them ;)

Its the home end for me again. Get to watch the game but in the middle of Binner Central

I don''t understand why the club have done this as it''s not rewarding loyalty at all. I''ve been to six away games this season so wouldn''t be eligible under how I believe it should work but for it to be 10 away stubs and then everyone else is a joke. The only fair way to do it is

10 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

9 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

8 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

and so on until there''s no tickets left.

The only way it should be a ballot is when it gets down to the amount of away stubs when there''s not enough tickets for that away stub allocation and section of if you''re a season ticket holder or member. Then it should be balloted for that entire group. Not for all fans.

It''s the only fair way of doing it so that the people that deserve a ticket for showing continuing home and away support get one. I''d be annoyed as anything if I''d been to 9 away games and my mate who hadn''t been to any got a ticket in the ballot.

" so plan to do a Col U trick, if you see what I mean? "

I think thta''s what many have already done. the canny purchased bit of binman memorablia some while back so they are a registered customer and can purchase tickets. I wouldn''t worry too much about sitting in the home ends. I think you''ll be surprised how many City fans will be in home areas. Just stay out of the North Stand so as to avoid ''year 6 - the binkickers''.

These over exited young farmhands have a fearsome reputation as the horrific scenes of their kicking a bin at Carrow Road show. It appears Stamford Bridge was not spared either as one of these young rustics punched a false ceiling in the bar area. Youtube also has graffic scenes of two of them shouting in bewildered anger at a police horse after their defeat last November.

To be leaving it this late to get tickets seems a bit daft. They''ve been on sale for a couple of weeks now (online) and you can pick them up at the ground from 1st April. Fill your boots and lets have poorman road covered in green and yellow.

I agree with Who Let The Fox Out, as I missed out on Col Who last year despite having 7 away stubs.

But that would be a difficult admin task for he club I suspect.

And I''m in group 2 this year and the lady in the office said I would "definitely" get a ticket so great!

The same complaint comes up every time we have a ballot and I agree that if you happen to be below ten stubs it''s frustrating. Unfortunately until the club sets up a system where purchases are automatically registered, the administration involved in making the current process one involving different numbers of stubs I think would be prohibitive - it must be a nightmare at the moment already with just 10 stub people posting theirs in. The club do need to wake up on this especially if we get promoted in the near future, as demand will exceed supply more often than not and plenty of other clubs already have computerised systems that seem to work well.Plenty of people in group 3 will still get a ticket anyway - I was in the ballot for Colchester and Charlton last season and successful both times.

I''m in group 3 so I think it will end up being Radio Norfolk for me, however I might get lucky and be able to take part in the party in the Cobbold Stand!

I don''t understand why the club have done this as it''s not rewarding loyalty at all. I''ve been to six away games this season so wouldn''t be eligible under how I believe it should work but for it to be 10 away stubs and then everyone else is a joke. The only fair way to do it is

10 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

9 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

8 Away stubs (Season tickets then members)

and so on until there''s no tickets left.

The only way it should be a ballot is when it gets down to the amount of away stubs when there''s not enough tickets for that away stub allocation and section of if you''re a season ticket holder or member. Then it should be balloted for that entire group. Not for all fans.

It''s the only fair way of doing it so that the people that deserve a ticket for showing continuing home and away support get one. I''d be annoyed as anything if I''d been to 9 away games and my mate who hadn''t been to any got a ticket in the ballot.

Then every time you got a new ticket stub, you would have to go in and re-register...so the back of the ticket will have lots of dates etc. written on it and who''s to say some unscrupulous supporters wouldn''t pass the tickets amongst their group till they all moved up a place. Too complicated. 10 stubs is the best of a difficult situation.

All those who are contemplating sitting amongst the mongs...good luck! I did it last time and it was hell.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

Then every time you got a new ticket stub, you would have to go in and re-register...so the back of the ticket will have lots of dates etc. written on it and who''s to say some unscrupulous supporters wouldn''t pass the tickets amongst their group till they all moved up a place. Too complicated. 10 stubs is the best of a difficult situation.

All those who are contemplating sitting amongst the mongs...good luck! I did it last time and it was hell.

[/quote]

But if we weren''t still sat in the dark ages we wouldn''t be sending in paper applications and having to produce our ticket stubs. If you buy from the ticket office, online, or over the phone, the ticket goes against your customer number. You can''t honestly tell me that the ticket office doesn''t know exactly what tickets I''ve bought over the last 12 months?

As for the unscrupulous supporters you mention, what''s to stop me getting four other stubs off mates and registering them at the ticket office as mine? If they''ve only been to the odd game this season but they''re different to mine I''m sure they wouldn''t mind giving me their ticket stubs. Where as if they had an online system, (Christ you could even store it all in Excel it''s that simple) you would have everyone''s ticket history, whether they qualify, and if not, and then the automated system could run a ballot.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Many else submitted ballot forms?

I''ve decided I have no chance of getting ticket - so plan to do a Col U trick, if you see what I mean?[/quote]

Yep. Already got my ticket as backup in case I dont get anything in the ballot (I''m priority 3).

Home tickets are on general sale now via their online ticketing. No previous purchase required either! Although it helps to not have a Norfolk address......

The thing is that I often buy tickets on behalf of mates as I live in Norwich and they don''t. They wouldn''t get the benefit of those tickets being linked to them. You could say that I could give their customer numbers...it''s hard enough trying to remember my own without someone elses too. Yes, the club could look it up but the time taken to do that and log it could be used more beneficially by serving another customer.

Nothing to stop you using a mate''s ticket stubs and using them as your own but once they have been stamped they can''t be used again. If you have the tiered system as you suggested then a ticket used by you as stub number 1 could be reused by a mate as stub number 2 if he needs it. All that does is stop you using it as stub 2. A third mate could use it as number 3 etc. etc. (I think that makes sense?). I agree that the system could be improved but I don''t think it would be by having it a tiered ticket system from 10 down to 1.

[quote user="Col Canary"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]Many else submitted ballot forms?

I''ve decided I have no chance of getting ticket - so plan to do a Col U trick, if you see what I mean?[/quote]

Yep. Already got my ticket as backup in case I dont get anything in the ballot (I''m priority 3).

Home tickets are on general sale now via their online ticketing. No previous purchase required either! Although it helps to not have a Norfolk address......[/quote]

Snap

Also if you buy tickets on the gate your purchase wouldn''t be logged at Carrow Road. Is it fair that someone who has done that misses out by 1 in that system?

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out "][quote user="yellow blood"]

[/quote]

As for the unscrupulous supporters you mention, what''s to stop me getting four other stubs off mates and registering them at the ticket office as mine? If they''ve only been to the odd game this season but they''re different to mine I''m sure they wouldn''t mind giving me their ticket stubs. Where as if they had an online system, (Christ you could even store it all in Excel it''s that simple) you would have everyone''s ticket history, whether they qualify, and if not, and then the automated system could run a ballot.

[/quote]I went to Leeds but didn''t buy the ticket as we

went as a group. One person got them all on their customer number so my

ST details don''t show it. That''s why the club has to see stubs.
We get this argument every time there''s a potential ballot.

Yes but my original point was not about having an online system. I moved onto that.

My original point was that the going from 10 stubs to 0 stubs is not fair on the fans who deserve a ticket. Do I deserve a ticket with 6 stubs over someone who has 9? Do I heck! It''s not so much the stubs thing that annoys me (although there must be a better way than having to still use paper etc) it''s the unfair ballot.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Also if you buy tickets on the gate your purchase wouldn''t be logged at Carrow Road. Is it fair that someone who has done that misses out by 1 in that system?[/quote]

That is a fantastically valid point and something the club would have to think about. Still doesn''t detract from the tiered system making it an actual loyalty scheme fair on the fans.

We take it in turns to buy the away tickets between us in our group, just depends who volunteers or who is going. I’ve no idea how many away purchases I have had registered this season on the NCFC database (it’s not ten though) but I will have been to half our away games by the time we get to Portsmouth. My daughter Gemma who is only 12 will not have purchased any at all but she has been to ten away games the last two seasons and Ipswich will be her tenth one.

In an ideal world giving our membership or season ticket numbers in when we buy would be the solution but it would increase time the already stretched ticket office staff take to process the order. Making sure that everyone has everyone else’s number would be a nightmare. If we buy away tickets on line this may be easier as long as the numbers can be keyed in, but what about getting seats in our preferred area in the away fans stand, front middle or back? I always ask for tickets away from the front as Gemma prefers being higher up in the stand, if we book on line there’s no guarantee of this.

On balance I think things are about right given the current limitations and the number of away fans we have.