Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Crofts vs England

No great surprise but Crofty''s been called up to the Wales squad. Is he a first choice or is it Ramsay and Ledley?

If he plays, this will be the first time I think I''ll ever have seen a current Norwich player line up against England. A weird experience no?

Very strange experience. I''d have thought he would play - played last game and all 90 mins I think. Crofts and Ramsay would be good - they could even go diamond formation;)

Shows the sad state of our international team, when I''ll be more interested in Crofts performance than Englands...

When I watched him play for Wales the other week he was very much on the periphery of the game and I think he''ll have to make a big step up from that performance if he plays against England.

Will be interesting to see him play, hope he doesn''t play to well and keep Lampard or Wilshere anonymous, no doubt a few vultures will start keeping an eye on him if he does.

I''d give Crofts a cheer if he scored... why not? he is a Norwich player and we would no doubt wish him well against other teams so why not England?

If anyone i.e Lampard, Cole injure him, they are coming straight out of my fantasy team!

[quote user=" Badger"]Chunky - didn''t David Jones play against England whilst at Norwich?[/quote]when was he at norwich?

Its probably 50:50 whether Crofts starts the match. Although Wales are probably going to need somebody with a bit of tenacity in the midfield, not sure Ramsey, Ledley or Vaughan really provide any so that could work in his favor.

Ted MacDougall played for Scotland in that infamous 5-1 defeat against England at Wembley in 1975 - he was at City at the time. An Ipswich player (Kevin Beattie) scored one of England''s goals. It''s the only time I''ve cheered a goal scored by an Ipswich player against a team with a City player in it!Ron Davies also played for Wales against England while he was a City player.

I looked him up. His last game was for Wales against England! He was injured and never recovered.

"A Welsh international (8 caps), David''s career came to a premature end in May 1978 whilst representing Wales against England."

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/jones.htm

Hucka - I was only a kid at the time but I remember him as a good player.

Jones was quality! He took the place of the legendary Duincan Forbes. For a short while the backbone of our team consisted of Jones, Martin Peters and Kevin Reeves. We lost them all, one way or another, over the space of a season or so.

I''ll be happy for Crofts to play well and score in a defeat for Wales.