Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Harris

borini scores for swansea

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]chelsea youth player borini scores maybe youth players do work :Lgood shout for the poster who recommended him [/quote]Same for Delfuenso on his debut for Burnley.I know it can be a questionable policy, relying on youth to do you a favour in this final stretch; i can''t, however, say i entirely agree with Lamberts comments on the issue.Players like Borini and Delfuenso had enough about them to give us "a helping hand", and i think it''s fair to say that they''re beginning to show it, both with goals so soon into their debut for two of our promotion contenders.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]chelsea youth player borini scores maybe youth players do work :Lgood shout for the poster who recommended him [/quote]Same for Delfuenso on his debut for Burnley.I know it can be a questionable policy, relying on youth to do you a favour in this final stretch; i can''t, however, say i entirely agree with Lamberts comments on the issue.Players like Borini and Delfuenso had enough about them to give us "a helping hand", and i think it''s fair to say that they''re beginning to show it, both with goals so soon into their debut for two of our promotion rivals.[/quote]Eek! [:$]

Are these teams getting goals from all over the pitch like us though?  It''s only Tierney who is an outfield player who hasn''t scored yet out of the current 11 on the pitch.  Having another striker would help take the pressure of Holt but when we have midfielders and defenders giving more than a helping hand is it really necessary to go and get an unporven youngster just because he plays for a Premier League club?

Yes, why hasn''t Lambert signed a promising young Premiership player on loan ?

Someone who might grab important goals for us and who knows, being in a good team he might have even got nominated for some sort of award. But no, more lack of hambition from our board.

I bet we''ll end up going into the Premier League without decent Premier loanees - just shows how incompetent we really are.

[quote user="City1st"]Yes, why hasn''t Lambert signed a promising young Premiership player on loan ? Someone who might grab important goals for us and who knows, being in a good team he might have even got nominated for some sort of award. But no, more lack of hambition from our board. I bet we''ll end up going into the Premier League without decent Premier loanees - just shows how incompetent we really are.[/quote]

Haha calm down mate, I think we need that tiny bit of lifting with a new squad member, just like it happened with Swansea today. Bit pathetic attacking your own team''s fans.

"Bit pathetic attacking your own team''s fans"

the irony of such a remark

OP - I think that was me - I do hope it wont come and bite me on the arse!

...If there is nothing else worth bringing in then there is a young striker at chelski worth a look at loan-wise...Fabio Borini, You heard it here first.

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2430118/ShowPost.aspx

well, from what I saw of him on FLS, that was a good shout from you there! His first goal was absolute class -the way he avoided the defenders piling in on him, and then make the slightest space to squeeze a lifted shot past defenders and keeper....top notch. His second was right place, right time, but just look where he placed it.

Looks a very good quality signing for the side a point behind us.

I agree, although they may be considered ''tap ins'' the way he dummied the shot twice for his first goal to make space was brilliant. I just hope that lambert''s decision to not get premiership youth players doesn''t come back to haunt us.

Im sorry but this is a complete joke.

Yes I want a new striker and would be half happy at either Delfounseo or Borini but.........

How can you possibly judge them been ''a good shout'' by what you saw on the FL show??

Delfouseo''s first AND ONLY goal for Burnley was literally tapped in from 2 yards out!

And Borini - No one as mentioned that he blasted the ball at a defender just before he scored the first. the 2 goals he scored I would have expected Wilbram, Martin and Jackson to score.

If were playing by these rules, Cureton scored 2 goals yesterday, would you have him back?

Brendan Rogers Chelsea connection, perhaps PL could use contacts at Colchester, Wycombe or Celtic, but then again go with what we have got. 

they looked in fine form against forest i have to say. sinclair and now borini are frightening.

bit of a worry when we''ve got swansea and watford away then forest at home (forest will probably have earnshaw back in time for that and you just know what he''s going to do!)

just have to hope swansea''s occasionally questionable away form keeps them behind us. after those 3 games we''ll know if we''re going up second or not.

oh dear, Mr Mullins

reasoned debate ?

we''ll have none of that here

I do wonder about PL''s constant line when it comes to transfers. For the record, I think Lambert is fantastic, but you can''t tell me that Borini or Delfounso wouldn''t have improved us.

Of course, the Chelsea connection helped Rogers with Borini, but for me Sinclair is Swansea''s main threat, other than that I''m not too scared of them. We can go there and get at least a point.

Bias aside, we have the best manager for this run in.

I''m beginning to think they are the only team we have to worry about so as you say the game against them will be our biggest of the season although every game left is now a big one [:)]

These are their games to play, not easy by any means

I have to say that after our game at Watford i expect to be behind them but the key to us getting back in to second will be their away games at burnley, pompey and millwall.

a1 - I think you''re right. That''s what I was thinking. I think after the next round of games we will still be 2nd by a point.

We have Pompey away too, which won''t be easy. Burnley seem to have fallen away a bit so if they are out of it by the time Swansea visit then that could spell bad news for us.

My head says we can do it. My heart says Swansea will nick 2nd. We will win the play-off''s, or at least get to Wembley.