Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Congratulations Cody

[quote user="CT"]IN LEAGUE 2![/quote]

Yes, but has he been given a decent run in a Championship side, CT?

The answer is no he hasn''t. And you are not Mystic Meg ;).

Well done Cody, damned if you do, damned if you don''t.

Dont think its fair to give him stick though as neither Holt or Jackson could manage as many as him at this level. Like I said just saw his goal even the commentator said wow.

Yes, because no player has ever made the step up from league two, ever.

Where was Holt playing three years ago?

He isn''t slated for anything he hasn''t done CT.

People didn''t just decide he was going to be crap (well i did, and i got a right bollocking), he hasn''t been scoring, and that is really what he adds, he doesn''t fit into the our system any other way.

Just what does the lad have to do?

He''s a young lad, playing his first season of regular league football, he had an injury at the start of the season and has reached 20 goals with games to spare.  Well, if that''s not worthy of congratulations I don''t know what is?[:^)]

What do people expect 30, 40, 50 goals? 

Even if Cody had knocked in 40 goals there''d still be people on his back, saying "it''s only League Two" etc etc.

You''d understand the reactions to some extent if he had done something controversial to p*** off the fans or missed sitter after sitter.  Yet when Cody was called upon for us he did well and gave his all.

Some people............................beggars belief[:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

He''s a young lad, playing his first season of regular league football, he had an injury at the start of the season and has reached 20 goals with games to spare.  Well, if that''s not worthy of congratulations I don''t know what is?[:^)]

Even if Cody had knocked in 40 goals there''d still be people on his back, saying "it''s only League Two" etc etc.

You''d understand the reactions to some extent if he had done something controversial to p*** off the fans or missed sitter after sitter.  Yet when Cody was called upon for us he did well and gave his all.

[/quote]

That IS a great post, NBS. Couldn''t agree more.

The lad can only perform at the level he finds himself at, which he is doing really well. He may or may not be good enough at Championship level in the future no one knows until he gets a run of games at this level with us or with another side.

Top stuff norfolkbroadslim, his finish against Cardiff in the Championship no less swung it for me, the boy can score ffs what else does he have to do...pull a rabbit out of his ass?

[/quote]

Top stuff norfolkbroadslim, his finish against Cardiff in the

Championship no less swung it for me, the boy can score ffs what else

does he have to do...pull a rabbit out of his ass?

[quote user="Twitchy"]Top stuff norfolkbroadslim, his finish against Cardiff in the

does he have to do...pull a rabbit out of his ass?[/quote]

Funnily enough Twitchy, i''d not even seen your above post and was just about to post the goal in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXcAUigYbs

Agreed the lad can only score against who''s In front of him and he''s doing a bloody good job. And gaining a lot of confidence on the way which if he do play for Norwich again will hopefully still have. But remember holt will never score or make it In the championship ;)

IGNORANT MORON!

[/quote]

to add Simeon jackson and grant Holt both applied there trade before coming to Norwich!

[/quote]

Well said.

Most of the posters who whinge/complain dont offer praise etc are the typical norfolk dumplings who are only happy having a moan!!!!

We missed a ''cutting edge'' at Hull.....I think Cody would have given the Tiger''s defence something to think about yesterday.....and he seems to have ''filled out'' for the better....

It''s also a shame we didn''t have CMS yesterday, he would have taken the pressure off Hooly and Holt......Anyway, it''s all hypothetical, as we are going with what we''ve got at this moment in time...

I want Jacko to do well.....and Papa Smurf.....But Jacko has a lack of confidence and seems to be trying too hard.....and Papa Smurf contributes in some ways.....but for his appearances and starts....has only produced one goal. But some say Papa isn''t that kind of player who slams them in....and was cover for Holt..... I personally think Papa''s goal tally should have been more than the solo goal...

CMS and Cody are producing goals, all be it in one or 2 leagues lower.....But they are brimming with confidence, and are on top of their game.

I hope things change by next Thursday.....we do need that something to see us over the finish line....

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]I see Jamie lad is doing the business at a level above Cody. Nothing against Cody - but lets move on and get behind the side.[/quote]

The big difference between the two, apart from age, is Cody''s pace and ability to create out of nothing with head or either foot. If you saw Jamie''s goals and Cody''s over the past few weeks you''d see there is a vast difference in quality.  Cody''s goal yesterday really was a class apart. 

[quote user="Twitchy"]Top stuff norfolkbroadslim, his finish against Cardiff in the

does he have to do...pull a rabbit out of his ass?[/quote]A string of silk handkerchiefs.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Twitchy"]Top stuff norfolkbroadslim, his finish against Cardiff in the Championship no less swung it for me, the boy can score ffs what else does he have to do...pull a rabbit out of his ass?[/quote]

A string of silk handkerchiefs.
[/quote]

Mmmm - I was wondering where Tevez kept that dummy for his goal celebration!...

Jeeez, why not just add to all the other exact same threads EVERY time Cody scores, if you''re that bothered...become a Gills fan ! =P

What I find hilarious is that a lot of posters last season and in the summer this season were asking for Adam Le Fondre. Oh look, he''s scored a lot of goals in League 2, lets sign him up..............................

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]What I find hilarious is that a lot of posters last season and in the summer this season were asking for Adam Le Fondre. Oh look, he''s scored a lot of goals in League 2, lets sign him up..............................
[/quote]

You have to look deeper than simply the number of goals scored, obviously, otherwise we would have signed Leigh Griffiths from Dundee, which in my view would have been a massive mistake, as would Le Fondre. If a player is scoring goals of quality then he is much more likely to succeed at a higher level as Cody will IMO. CMS scores a lot of goals at Peterborough but they play in a way that facilitates that with their gung-ho attacking approach and ignorance of defence. Put him in a different side and he may well struggle.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]What I find hilarious is that a lot of posters last season and in the summer this season were asking for Adam Le Fondre. Oh look, he''s scored a lot of goals in League 2, lets sign him up..............................
[/quote]

You have to look deeper than simply the number of goals scored, obviously, otherwise we would have signed Leigh Griffiths from Dundee, which in my view would have been a massive mistake, as would Le Fondre. If a player is scoring goals of quality then he is much more likely to succeed at a higher level as Cody will IMO. CMS scores a lot of goals at Peterborough but they play in a way that facilitates that with their gung-ho attacking approach and ignorance of defence. Put him in a different side and he may well struggle.

[/quote]

I actually agree with you on this point Mrs McDonald.