Sign in to follow this  
Phyxius

4 wins, 1 draw.

Cannot help but think that 80 is the magic number for automatic promotion this year.

It seems to be a 3 horse race between ourselves, Swansea and Cardiff.

We''re all going to drop points between now and the end of the season but 13 from the next 8 is more than achievable. It would leave Swansea needing 14 and goal difference and Cardiff needing 17.

But then again it always looks easier on paper.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]What if Swansea win five and draw one?[/quote]

AWAYPrestonBurnleyPortsmouthMillwallHOMEIpswichSheff UtdNorwichHullThat looks a hard ask15 points max I would say.

"What if Swansea win five and draw one?"

And what if we lose all of our last 8 and finish 8th?

Considering Swansea''s run in if they win 5 of those they deserve to go up.

It''ll be close run all the way but 80 will be enough.

We have four games at home, Scunthorpe, Forest, Derby and Coventry.  I think we can win three of those and draw one which gives us 10 points.  We also have four away games, Swansea, Watford, Ipswich and Portsmouth.  I think we can win two of them, draw one and lose one which gives us 7 points.  So overall that is 17 points which would give us a grand total of 84 points which undoubtably would get us second however that is quite some task to achieve but I think we can do it.

Having watched the way Swansea played today, I think they are pretty capable of winning some of those tough looking games at Burnley and Portsmouth, etc. (hope I''m wrong, but I think they are welll prepared for a strong run-in)

I think the majic figure could go up to about 82 - 83. (5 wins, and not lose at Swansea)

Its clear now that every game in this division is difficult! There are no easy games. And that applies to our rivals games too.

If we can avoid defeat against Swansea, I really cant see us losing another game.

[quote user="plengcharthai"]

Having watched the way Swansea played today, I think they are pretty capable of winning some of those tough looking games at Burnley and Portsmouth, etc. (hope I''m wrong, but I think they are welll prepared for a strong run-in)

I think the majic figure could go up to about 82 - 83. (5 wins, and not lose at Swansea)

[/quote]

You say that, but they somehow lost to Derby away. Anything can  happen this season, I don''t want to predict what will happen as it is so unpredictable.

He one hint all the rest have done in recent weeks is lose.

Something we haven''t.

Likewise they are feeling it like we are and they do not have the Lamdo effect.

I have been confident for some weeks that we will do make it.

Withe the greatest of respect teams like Donny and Preston come to CR and it is like one of their biggest games, cup final to them so draws have not surprised me, they are fighting for survival.

We will make second and the wheels can still come off QPR''s wagon.

SWANSEA
AWAY

Preston - 2 wins on the bounce, confidence growing, no push over
Burnley - still chances of a play off position, could be difficult
Portsmouth - the current form team, play off position not impossible - tough
Millwall - still chances of a play off & likely to beat anybody on their day - not easy

I think Swansea will do well to get 6 points from these

HOME
Ipswich - Scum not too likely to do us a favour but stranger things have happened
Sheff Utd - beat Leeds yesterday but this is much tougher
Norwich - a draw would do nicely
Hull - if Hull are still in with a shout of a play off place on the last day, this won''t be easy

I think they''ll get 10 points from these home games making a total of 16

Add that to 66 & that gets them 82 so we need to match them points wise to go up automatically. 

HOME

Scunthorpe - an absolute must win

Forest - tough but beatable

Derby - an absolute must win

Coventry - an absolute must win

We need to get a maximum 12 points from these

AWAY

Swansea - cannot afford to get beat here 

Watford - not easy but a draw would be good

Ipswich - ditto

Portsmouth - ditto

So we need  4 points from these away games making a total of 16 points from the last 8 games

Add that to 67 & we finish on 83, one ahead of Swansea

[quote user="The Wesminator"]He one hint all the rest have done in recent weeks is lose.

Something we haven''t.

Likewise they are feeling it like we are and they do not have the Lamdo effect.

I have been confident for some weeks that we will do make it.

Apologies for the grammar.

iPhone + rushing + predictive text = shocking read

Withe the greatest of respect teams like Donny and Preston come to CR and it is like one of their biggest games, cup final to them so draws have not surprised me, they are fighting for survival.

We will make second and the wheels can still come off QPR''s wagon.[/quote]

I still think Cardiff are the side that will finish 2nd , Norwich and Swansea have too many games where points will possibly be lost.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]I still think Cardiff are the side that will finish 2nd , Norwich and Swansea have too many games where points will possibly be lost.[/quote]

cardiff have lost chipCHOP and jayB who has been useless since your national manager called him up!

It should be remembered that we have seven games in April, this including Swansea, Watford and Forest within seven days !!! Fitness and staying away from injuries is going to play a very big part. I think it is scandalous of the FA or whoever, to put Clubs in this situation after a very long season. I suppose its all about "Sky Money etc" as usual.