Sign in to follow this  
October

Whitbread Called up for USA Friendlies

He has come from nowhere to become a fans favourite, one of the first names on the team sheet in my view! Fully deserved.

Crofts. Does it really matter if other people don''t notice?

Unless we want to start selling these players, it doesn''t really matter if their not in the lime light, we all know how good they are :D

Good news for Zak, bad news for us in my opinion. - Likely to get injured!Why are people trying to get Wes called up????? That''s the last thing we want!We get F*ck all press, people don''t expect us to do well, we''re little old Norwich. I quite like it that way, as we make teams look silly and go about winning games properly. We''re just a small little club that can''t beat anyone or anything, that somehow got lucky and sneaked into automatic promotion place.. Woops.

Yep, great news for Zak and as i already said on 606, there is only going to be one winner when these two meet sadly. But nevertheless, i will still hold a very high opinion of Messi after the encounter, as he has already proved what a truly great footballer he is.

An excellent accolade for Zak but I, too, worry about the possibilty of injury (and/or fatigue) during our run-in.

[quote user="Chip20"]An excellent accolade for Zak but I, too, worry about the possibilty of injury (and/or fatigue) during our run-in.[/quote]

Whilst this is fantastic for Zak (& well deserved), The club have to pull him in & agree a strategy by which he will be withdraw him from the squad after the game at Hull due to some sort of niggle,

No way can the club allow him to travel to the states & take part in two meaningless friendlies after spending the best part of two years getting him on the pitch for Norwich City, The last thing we can afford is for him to return injured with the amount of football we have coming up in the next few weeks & given what is at stake for Norwich, We have to do what is best for the club, sod the USA they wont be giving us 90mill if we miss out due to injury of fatigue. Sorry Zak nothing personal, but your international career will wait a few months, you main job & loyalty is to us, your profile will be raised far more if we are in the premier league, the international break will be important to us & will allow the players to recharge their bateries for the final push.  

[quote user="funny old game"]

[quote user="Chip20"]An excellent accolade for Zak but I, too, worry about the possibilty of injury (and/or fatigue) during our run-in.[/quote]

Whilst this is fantastic for Zak (& well deserved), The club have to pull him in & agree a strategy by which he will be withdraw him from the squad after the game at Hull due to some sort of niggle,

No way can the club allow him to travel to the states & take part in two meaningless friendlies after spending the best part of two years getting him on the pitch for Norwich City, The last thing we can afford is for him to return injured with the amount of football we have coming up in the next few weeks & given what is at stake for Norwich, We have to do what is best for the club, sod the USA they wont be giving us 90mill if we miss out due to injury of fatigue. Sorry Zak nothing personal, but your international career will wait a few months, you main job & loyalty is to us, your profile will be raised far more if we are in the premier league, the international break will be important to us & will allow the players to recharge their bateries for the final push.  

[/quote]Well said, I fully agree with you post.Norwich is far more important at this stage.

Not for us to put the Jason Shackells on his career, but i agree - We''re not exactly blessed with strength in depth in central defence, and being selfish as we have to at this stage of the season, would these two games be worth us and him potentially missing out on promotion and a guaranteed season in the Premier League at least?. So, would this mean he''d miss any matches for us? And also, another point, he may just be a squad player for them and not actually play in the games anyway...

As a Yank, I am thrilled for Zak. I am also terrified of him getting hurt. It is my hope that there is some agreement that if he plays it is for no more than 30 minutes or so as a sub. He is just to injury prone to risk, even though I am planning on attending the Argentina friendly.

It would make it a very special day for you if Zak plays then Justin. You need to get him on board with the NewYorkCanaries! [Y]

We don''t want our players injured on international duty but having international players is a sure sign of success and something to be very proud of.

[quote user="funny old game"]

[/quote]Would Zak really agree to this? I would imagine he is desperate to get a chance with the national team, so surely there is no way he would agree to make up an injury to miss these upcoming friendlies. And let''s be honest, you can hardly blame him for being keen to join up with the US team.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="funny old game"]

[/quote]Would Zak really agree to this? I would imagine he is desperate to get a chance with the national team, so surely there is no way he would agree to make up an injury to miss these upcoming friendlies. And let''s be honest, you can hardly blame him for being keen to join up with the US team.[/quote]

Oh come on, we need to get real about this and stop moaning - The Paraguayans and Argies have also been gentle in the tackle, absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever............

[quote user="Alex"]Oh come on, we need to get real about this and stop moaning - The Paraguayans and Argies have also been gentle in the tackle, absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever............[/quote]

*Also* = Always

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367607/Norwichs-Zak-Whitbread-seeks-United-States-cap-Argentina.html

Article about Whitbread, but like most newspaper reports regarding Norwich City, they don''t know the correct player.

I agree, still has time for international call up''s could well be a boost to his confidence on Saturday, I think that''s the positive thing about international call up''s it can install confidence in players because they are being rewarded for their hard work.

To be honest, I think Whitbread will only really sit on the bench for USA anyway, not sure he will have much game time. But good luck if he does play, well earnt, he has definitely been worth the wait.

Even if he does get injured, it''ll be in the US where he won''t have to wait in line for top quality medical services. ha ha

But seriously, it''s ALWAYS a thrill so see a player with an NCFC connection playing international ball.

By the way, the NY Canaries are probably going to organize a group to to to the match. Its vs. Argentina so it should be a decent evening. If any Canaries are in town on April 26th and would care to attend, e-mail us at info@nycanaries.com Looks like the tickets are expensive... $46.00 (28.5 quid). We will need to know in about 2 weeks.

He is out of the squad. Well chuffed for us, although feel for him. Surely he will get another chance but we need him.