Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

You do realise that Connor Wickham is still 17 right?

I hate having to give Ipswich any kind of credit at all, and I apologise in advance.But barely a week goes by when I don''t see a suggestion that Connor Wickham is well over rated and won''t make the grade. Sorry but that is b*llsh*t, he is one of this countries best talents.He is by far the best thing to come out of the Ipswich youth team in the last two decades, his technical ability and vision far surpasses anything to come out of the Norwich academy since Craig Bellamy. That was 11 years ago. Ipswich have a sh*t ground, sh*t fans, a mental chairman, and a distinctly average manager. They have a good championship squad but have paid premiership money on building it, although I suspect that they will be challenging for top 6 next year with a manager who knows how to mix it in this league.I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy. The word is that ours will begin to yield results, and I sincerely hope that it does, but Ipswich churn out a couple of Championship quality players year on year. Yes Korey Smith is decent, Chris Martin may still come good. But we haven''t produced anything since Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16.Will Connor Wickham make the grade? He already has. He has the speed, agility, foresight, the attitude. All he needs is something which will likely come naturally, the physique, and even if he doesn''t develop physically he has already shown himself as capable in The Championship. Our own Chris Martin hasn''t shown that yet, at 22 and a half, which although still young suggests that he will never become any more than a decent Championship striker with a price tag of, what, £2m max? Korey Smith is a great player, I see him becoming maybe as good as Reo-Coker, playing premiership football, but Reo-Coker has never been given an England cap and has probably only deserved one for 6 months of his career. Is there seriously any Norwich fan who wouldn''t have Wickham at the club right now? At very least on the subs bench (at 17), but probably in the starting XI. Honestly?Ipswich fans are fickle, arrogant, quiet, slightly thick, but they do have one thing right - Connor Wickham is class. Class enough even for us, already. I''m not saying that he will become an England ''star'', or the next Wayne Rooney, but I bet he will become a premiership regular and win at least a few caps.I love to see Norwich kids make a career for themselves (e.g. Korey Smith), but Ipswich will have an £8m striker on their hands in a couple of years, in the Bellamy class bracket, and we just don''t. I see this as jealousy, envy, and I am a little bit jealous and envious of Ipswich. But only on this one single thing.

[quote user="LeJuge"]I hate having to give Ipswich any kind of credit at all, and I apologise in advance.But barely a week goes by when I don''t see a suggestion that Connor Wickham is well over rated and won''t make the grade. Sorry but that is b*llsh*t, he is one of this countries best talents.He is by far the best thing to come out of the Ipswich youth team in the last two decades, his technical ability and vision far surpasses anything to come out of the Norwich academy since Craig Bellamy. That was 11 years ago. Ipswich have a sh*t ground, sh*t fans, a mental chairman, and a distinctly average manager. They have a good championship squad but have paid premiership money on building it, although I suspect that they will be challenging for top 6 next year with a manager who knows how to mix it in this league.I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy. The word is that ours will begin to yield results, and I sincerely hope that it does, but Ipswich churn out a couple of Championship quality players year on year. Yes Korey Smith is decent, Chris Martin may still come good. But we haven''t produced anything since Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16.Will Connor Wickham make the grade? He already has. He has the speed, agility, foresight, the attitude. All he needs is something which will likely come naturally, the physique, and even if he doesn''t develop physically he has already shown himself as capable in The Championship. Our own Chris Martin hasn''t shown that yet, at 22 and a half, which although still young suggests that he will never become any more than a decent Championship striker with a price tag of, what, £2m max? Korey Smith is a great player, I see him becoming maybe as good as Reo-Coker, playing premiership football, but Reo-Coker has never been given an England cap and has probably only deserved one for 6 months of his career. Is there seriously any Norwich fan who wouldn''t have Wickham at the club right now? At very least on the subs bench (at 17), but probably in the starting XI. Honestly?Ipswich fans are fickle, arrogant, quiet, slightly thick, but they do have one thing right - Connor Wickham is class. Class enough even for us, already. I''m not saying that he will become an England ''star'', or the next Wayne Rooney, but I bet he will become a premiership regular and win at least a few caps.I love to see Norwich kids make a career for themselves (e.g. Korey Smith), but Ipswich will have an £8m striker on their hands in a couple of years, in the Bellamy class bracket, and we just don''t. I see this as jealousy, envy, and I am a little bit jealous and envious of Ipswich. But only on this one single thing. [/quote]All the more reason to lodge a £3 - £5m bid when we get promoted to the prem :)

"He is by far the best thing to come out of the Ipswich youth team in the last two decades"Matched possibly by Darren Bent.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="LeJuge"]I hate having to give Ipswich any kind of credit at all, and I apologise in advance.But barely a week goes by when I don''t see a suggestion that Connor Wickham is well over rated and won''t make the grade. Sorry but that is b*llsh*t, he is one of this countries best talents.He is by far the best thing to come out of the Ipswich youth team in the last two decades, his technical ability and vision far surpasses anything to come out of the Norwich academy since Craig Bellamy. That was 11 years ago. Ipswich have a sh*t ground, sh*t fans, a mental chairman, and a distinctly average manager. They have a good championship squad but have paid premiership money on building it, although I suspect that they will be challenging for top 6 next year with a manager who knows how to mix it in this league.I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy. The word is that ours will begin to yield results, and I sincerely hope that it does, but Ipswich churn out a couple of Championship quality players year on year. Yes Korey Smith is decent, Chris Martin may still come good. But we haven''t produced anything since Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16.Will Connor Wickham make the grade? He already has. He has the speed, agility, foresight, the attitude. All he needs is something which will likely come naturally, the physique, and even if he doesn''t develop physically he has already shown himself as capable in The Championship. Our own Chris Martin hasn''t shown that yet, at 22 and a half, which although still young suggests that he will never become any more than a decent Championship striker with a price tag of, what, £2m max? Korey Smith is a great player, I see him becoming maybe as good as Reo-Coker, playing premiership football, but Reo-Coker has never been given an England cap and has probably only deserved one for 6 months of his career. Is there seriously any Norwich fan who wouldn''t have Wickham at the club right now? At very least on the subs bench (at 17), but probably in the starting XI. Honestly?Ipswich fans are fickle, arrogant, quiet, slightly thick, but they do have one thing right - Connor Wickham is class. Class enough even for us, already. I''m not saying that he will become an England ''star'', or the next Wayne Rooney, but I bet he will become a premiership regular and win at least a few caps.I love to see Norwich kids make a career for themselves (e.g. Korey Smith), but Ipswich will have an £8m striker on their hands in a couple of years, in the Bellamy class bracket, and we just don''t. I see this as jealousy, envy, and I am a little bit jealous and envious of Ipswich. But only on this one single thing. [/quote]All the more reason to lodge a £3 - £5m bid when we get promoted to the prem :)[/quote]I would probably give it a 0% chance that Ipswich would sell to us, and maybe a 20% chance that Wickham would agree to come to us. He is a Liverpool fan and was raised in Liverpool, I suspect that he will score 20 goals a year for Ipswich for two years and then go there. Sorry, just can''t see it happening. As soon as he shows himself as a possible new Micheal Owen and Robbie Fowler they will sniff around wanting to make him their next Kop hero.

Torres was / is a Liverpool fanRooney was / is a Everton fanIE: When the Premiership or Big clubs call, the mercenaries run.Worth lodging a bid just to un-settle him at the very least !

Well I think he won''t be a binner come the summer, I regret to say that the binners are sort of safe from going down but think Many clubs are still interested in him my guess is he will either go to Arsenal or Manure, we could however put a bid in now just to unsettle him and the rest of his team mates.

A few words of correction should be added here

The boy blunder was not so much a product of the paupers youth system - he come through Readings youth system and joined the paupers when his father (in the army) moved to Colchester. I would remind folk of the other ''wunderkinder'' that are/were managed by Jonathan Barnett - Plug, Tortoise Bumble og and the great ginger hope himself Bowditch - all to be England regulars.

What else ?

You might wish to ask how many youths are in the paupers first team (on merit) ? What goalkeepers on any worth have they produced. ? Check the relative positions in the table of both clubs U18 teams.

That the future of the paupers hangs on the results of the random posting of the father of one youth player is probably more of a measure of how far their slide has taken them that any other worth they might have.

I await a further treatise on how far we are behind our failing neighbours in erecting statues.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Torres was / is a Liverpool fan
Rooney was / is a Everton fan

IE: When the Premiership or Big clubs call, the mercenaries run.

Worth lodging a bid just to un-settle him at the very least !
[/quote]

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17929&title=new_wickham_contract_has_offer_clause

I wasn''t sure at the start of the season but having seen his displays since the turn of the year I think Ipswich have some player on their hands. I agree with Nexus here. His contract has a minimum fee release clause of £15 million. So he is obviously targeting a move to the Premier League soon. If I was a Town fan though I would be extremely concerned that he is only contracted until 2013. The last thing they want is for him to leave and the fee decided by a tribunal. As Crystal Palace saw with the John Bostock affair you can get some pretty scandalous results when that happens. Bostock was a Palace fan and season ticket holder but even his head was turned when Spurs came calling. It would be a disaster for youth development in this country if the same happened to Ipswich. As it would make most clubs think, what is the point in trying to develop our own talent?

"Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16."

16 !

I think not, much, much earlier than that as an City fan would know.

"I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy"

Yes the same Acadamy whose U18''s have struggled all season as opposed to City who have been top, or a place off all season and are currently a point of the top.

So, back in you box binboy

Must agree he is a hell of a talent but also remember when chris Martin came on the scene and also can''t belive I am saying this Luke chadwick at united. All had the potential but nothing ever really happened. And regarding our youth teams etc we have had a few good goalies come through

Yes he is going to be a very very good player and already is but why are we talking about some player who plays for the scum like we are really really jealous of them!?  Were second, we have a great chance of going up, lets focus on Norwich City Football Club rather than the binners wonderkid shall we!?

I think its only natural to be somewhat jealous of a player in a rival''s youth system who is showing promise.But as Liverpool have demonstrated over the last few years, you won''t win anything with a few good players, you need a good team !

[quote user="City1st"]"Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16." 16 ! I think not, much, much earlier than that as an City fan would know. "I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy" Yes the same Acadamy whose U18''s have struggled all season as opposed to City who have been top, or a place off all season and are currently a point of the top. So, back in you box binboy[/quote]

Really strange thread I have to agree because Craig Bellamy was in our tender care when he was 11.

I wouldn''t have a clue when Connor Wickham joined the binners and TBH I couldn''t care less. He will either end up like Bowditch or like Bent. To early to call which. And the best the Binners can hope for is yet another statue[|-)]

I do think Josh Dawkin and Werndley will both be talents, maybe not to Wickham''s potential but I sort of agree, a very good player who will probably go far in the game.

Now then, there are currently two things that get up my nose (one for each nostril I would suggest)

1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t.

2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt. That maybe so but Lambert was after him and couldn''t compete money wise with us.

Ironic that having moved up to a bigger club, he now has the same problem!! That''s life!

[quote user="City1st"]A few words of correction should be added here

The boy blunder was not so much a product of the paupers youth system - he come through Readings youth system and joined the paupers when his father (in the army) moved to Colchester. I would remind folk of the other ''wunderkinder'' that are/were managed by Jonathan Barnett - Plug, Tortoise Bumble og and the great ginger hope himself Bowditch - all to be England regulars.

What else ?

You might wish to ask how many youths are in the paupers first team (on merit) ? What goalkeepers on any worth have they produced. ? Check the relative positions in the table of both clubs U18 teams.

That the future of the paupers hangs on the results of the random posting of the father of one youth player is probably more of a measure of how far their slide has taken them that any other worth they might have.

I await a further treatise on how far we are behind our failing neighbours in erecting statues.[/quote]"The boy blunder was not so much a product of the paupers youth system -

he come through Readings youth system and joined the paupers when his

father (in the army) moved to Colchester."Yeah, when he was 13 or 14! He played at least two years of academy football before reaching 16, so still a youth player."I would remind folk of the other ''wunderkinder'' that are/were managed

by Jonathan Barnett - Plug, Tortoise Bumble og and the great ginger

hope himself Bowditch - all to be England regulars."You forgot Darren Bent and Keiron Dyer. Plenty of champs quality players, I would have Owen Garvan and Jordan Rhodes here for a start, and that kid that they have in defence - he''s quality too. The truth is that we produced one decent kid in about 7 years, Shackell."You might wish to ask how many youths are in the paupers first team (on merit)?"Well, since you asked, until recently they had a mental Irishman named Roy Keane. Had that mental case not ripped their team apart, they would probably have Jordan Rhodes, Owen Garvan and Danny Haynes. Other than that they still have Jaime Peters, Shane O''Connor, Luke Hyam, and Troy Brown. How many do we have again? Korey Smith and Chris Martin."What goalkeepers on any worth have they produced?"Is this one a joke or are you just thick? Richard Wright, of course. The less obvious one is Shane Supple who was easily as good as Declan Rudd before he quit the game, and another less obvious one is Lewis Price who is a Welsh International."Check the relative positions in the table of both clubs U18 teams."I could do, or you could read the bit where I said: The word is that ours will begin to yield results, and I sincerely hope

that it does, but Ipswich churn out a couple of Championship quality

players year on year.
Until we see the results nothing changes. They have churned out players every year for the last decade, the best that we have been able to do in the past decade is Jason Shackell, Chris Martin and Korey Smith. Three players, in a decade."That the future of the paupers hangs on the results of the random posting of the father of one youth player".I have no idea what you are talking about here.

"16 ! I think not, much, much earlier than that as an City fan would know."Fair enough, I got that wrong, but I was 5 years old when Bellamy signed in 1990 and 12 years old when I he made his first team debut in 1997. Whilst I have been a season ticket holder since I was 8, I''m sure that I can be forgiven for getting that one wrong."I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy"

The proof is in the pudding, as they say, Ipswich have - over the last decade - been ten times better at bringing players through. They wouldn''t be struggling with Wickham in the team, I seem to remember Adrian Coote being our most prestigious young talent, we will see. I can remember Jarvis, Jarvis and Henderson being revered by the England set up, didn''t make them good players."So, back in you box binboy"Yes, I have been using the username ''LeJuge'' for months in order to pretend that I am a city fan, to one day dupe you all into believing that Connor Wickham is actually good, t*t.

[quote user="snakepit ric"]Must agree he is a hell of a talent but also remember when chris Martin came on the scene and also can''t belive I am saying this Luke chadwick at united. All had the potential but nothing ever really happened. And regarding our youth teams etc we have had a few good goalies come through[/quote]I suppose that you can count Joe Lewis in recent years, but I wouldn''t say that Rudd or Steer have "made it" yet, Rossi Jarvis looked pretty handy for a few years! Dean Sinclair didn''t look too bad either!Luke Chadwick was really unlucky, injuries, can happen to any player. Wouldn''t wish it on many players, and I hope that Wickham doesn''t succumb.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="City1st"]"Craig Bellamy and we didn''t really ''produce'' him either, he wasn''t nurtured here, we snapped him up at 16." 16 ! I think not, much, much earlier than that as an City fan would know. "I wouldn''t swap any aspect of this club for anything that Ipswich currently have, other than the academy" Yes the same Acadamy whose U18''s have struggled all season as opposed to City who have been top, or a place off all season and are currently a point of the top. So, back in you box binboy[/quote]

Really strange thread I have to agree because Craig Bellamy was in our tender care when he was 11.

I wouldn''t have a clue when Connor Wickham joined the binners and TBH I couldn''t care less. He will either end up like Bowditch or like Bent. To early to call which. And the best the Binners can hope for is yet another statue[|-)]

[/quote]Nothing "really strange" about me mixing up the Bellamy thing, seeing as I was just a kiddy, my dad once told me that table salt came from a massive mountain called ''salt mountain''..... I believed that until I was 13.In other words, somebody has probably told me that once, and it has stuck.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then, there are currently two things that get up my nose (one for each nostril I would suggest)

1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t.

2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt. That maybe so but Lambert was after him and couldn''t compete money wise with us.

Ironic that having moved up to a bigger club, he now has the same problem!! That''s life![/quote]"1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t."He was only 13 or 14 when signing! But just so long as you don''t ever refer to the following players as products of the Norwich youth system:Jack Werndly (signed at 16)Alex Stephens (signed at 15)Patrick Drmola (signed at 14)Theo Jones (signed at 14)Taylor McKenzie (signed at 16)Dean Florence (signed at 16)Jason Dobbs (signed at 16)Sam Kelly (signed at 13)Jamar Loza (signed at 13)So basically, half of our youth team. You lot can''t have it both ways, you state that our youth system is better than Ipswichs, despite us having brought in the vast majority of our players at between 13-16, but Connor Wickham isn''t a scum product because he was signed at 13 or 14?In a few years, when a couple of those players make the grade, you will be calling them products of the Norwich Youth System. You are not allowed to call Luke Daley a product of our youth system either, or Robert Eagle who played for Ipswich once.

"2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt."Nobody is saying that on this thread, but that isn''t entirely unjustified, so far he has brought in Wilbraham, Elliott, Jackson, Johnson.... none of them have been anything special. He also gave Luke Daley a contract, which can be counted too, and now he has failed to land a striker again. Until he signs a decent striker this comment is fully justified, plenty of good strikers have moved for less than £1m over the last 9 months.

so far he has brought in Wilbraham, Elliott, Jackson, Johnson.... none of them have been anything special

Deary me, where do I start.

Wilbramham - Was brought in to cover for Holt, but because Jackson cant buy a goal and Martin as been kidknapped by aliens, he as played more football than expected and done OK to be fair.

Elliott - Signed on a short loan deal to see us through the League One campaign, what did he do...... see us through, 2 very important goals against Huddersfield.

Johnson - Picked up for next to nothing, again whilst we were in League One. Scored some VITAL goals in our League One winning season. Is young in terms of professional football experience and if he doesnt make it with us he will probably make us a few quid.

Jackson - Everyone was happy and excited when we signed him. In small patches he has looked good, not had a run of games and could still be a good player. Short on confidence at the moment. Still not a lost cause and could still get all of/most of our money back.

I''ve no idea why you have been using the name LeJuge or really care - other than to wonder why your only contribution today, or recently, is to drag out some desperate old tosh about how wonderful the paupers youth set up is (I''m sure it won''t take much for our fans to work it out).

As to the qualities of the boy blunder they will have no impact on our success - or much impact on the paupers failings.

But then, I suppose there isn''t much else for our impoverished neighbours to squeak about is there ?

ps I doubt it will be a surprise to learn that City''s under 18s won again today - and the paupers

under 18s lost again today (against ten me)

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then, there are currently two things that get up my nose (one for each nostril I would suggest) 1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t. 2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt. That maybe so but Lambert was after him and couldn''t compete money wise with us. Ironic that having moved up to a bigger club, he now has the same problem!! That''s life![/quote]

"1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t."

He was only 13 or 14 when signing! But just so long as you don''t ever refer to the following players as products of the Norwich youth system:

Jack Werndly (signed at 16)
Alex Stephens (signed at 15)
Patrick Drmola (signed at 14)
Theo Jones (signed at 14)
Taylor McKenzie (signed at 16)
Dean Florence (signed at 16)
Jason Dobbs (signed at 16)
Sam Kelly (signed at 13)
Jamar Loza (signed at 13)

So basically, half of our youth team. You lot can''t have it both ways, you state that our youth system is better than Ipswichs, despite us having brought in the vast majority of our players at between 13-16, but Connor Wickham isn''t a scum product because he was signed at 13 or 14?

In a few years, when a couple of those players make the grade, you will be calling them products of the Norwich Youth System. You are not allowed to call Luke Daley a product of our youth system either, or Robert Eagle who played for Ipswich once.

"2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt."

Nobody is saying that on this thread, but that isn''t entirely unjustified, so far he has brought in Wilbraham, Elliott, Jackson, Johnson.... none of them have been anything special. He also gave Luke Daley a contract, which can be counted too, and now he has failed to land a striker again. Until he signs a decent striker this comment is fully justified, plenty of good strikers have moved for less than £1m over the last 9 months.

[/quote]

Why on earth do you care so much about this you bloody loser? Hahah [:D]

Wickham is probably the best striker of his age in the country right now- I doubt we can think of many other 17-year-old strikers playing at his level.However, with regards to his potential, the one thing that counts against him is that at 17, he is already as developed physically as he will probably ever be. Most players his age will not be, and so when they become bigger, stronger, faster, they will improve naturally. Wickham can work on the technical and tactical sides of his game, as opposed to the physical.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then, there are currently two things that get up my nose (one for each nostril I would suggest) 1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t. 2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt. That maybe so but Lambert was after him and couldn''t compete money wise with us. Ironic that having moved up to a bigger club, he now has the same problem!! That''s life![/quote]

"1) Wickham is a product of the Bin Folk youth system. No he isn''t."

He was only 13 or 14 when signing! But just so long as you don''t ever refer to the following players as products of the Norwich youth system:

Jack Werndly (signed at 16)
Alex Stephens (signed at 15)
Patrick Drmola (signed at 14)
Theo Jones (signed at 14)
Taylor McKenzie (signed at 16)
Dean Florence (signed at 16)
Jason Dobbs (signed at 16)
Sam Kelly (signed at 13)
Jamar Loza (signed at 13)

So basically, half of our youth team. You lot can''t have it both ways, you state that our youth system is better than Ipswichs, despite us having brought in the vast majority of our players at between 13-16, but Connor Wickham isn''t a scum product because he was signed at 13 or 14?

In a few years, when a couple of those players make the grade, you will be calling them products of the Norwich Youth System. You are not allowed to call Luke Daley a product of our youth system either, or Robert Eagle who played for Ipswich once.

"2) Lambert is no good at buying strikers as it was the great Gunn that signed Holt."

Nobody is saying that on this thread, but that isn''t entirely unjustified, so far he has brought in Wilbraham, Elliott, Jackson, Johnson.... none of them have been anything special. He also gave Luke Daley a contract, which can be counted too, and now he has failed to land a striker again. Until he signs a decent striker this comment is fully justified, plenty of good strikers have moved for less than £1m over the last 9 months.

[/quote]

Why on earth do you care so much about this you bloody loser? Hahah [:D]

[/quote]

Harsh Mac, but funny!

Connor Wickham is an excellent player and a potential England striker, no doubt. He is the bright spark in an otherwise depressing outlook from our Suffolk neighbours.1. A squad bereft of talent. Their best contracted players - David Norris and Gareth Macauley, I''d say - are both out of contract at the end of this season and very likely to move on.2. Debts. Say what you like about Marcus Evans; he''s there to make money. The terms of his involvement are well known, and it''s well known that if Ipswich make it to the Premiership and establish themselves there, he earns a fair bit of wonga for the trouble. If it doesn''t happen, at some point, he will up sticks and leave. And when that happens, their debts will come crashing around them.3. A manager who has more failure attributed to his record than success. Paul Jewell is not a good appointment. Wigan is the only side he succeeded and that could be argued as being more through luck than judgement. So, yes; I''ll give them Connor Wickham. And good luck to them. I think they need it far more than we do.

Are you clarifying his age for when it becomes legal. There seems to be more to this than just being a binner. 

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Wickham is probably the best striker of his age in the country right now- I doubt we can think of many other 17-year-old strikers playing at his level.

However, with regards to his potential, the one thing that counts against him is that at 17, he is already as developed physically as he will probably ever be. Most players his age will not be, and so when they become bigger, stronger, faster, they will improve naturally. Wickham can work on the technical and tactical sides of his game, as opposed to the physical.
[/quote]

I''m not sure Wickham is a real talent as I''ve hardly seen anything of him and his team is not performing very well this season. However, on the basis that the Ipswich Youth system is rather good, surely the technical & tactical aspects of Wickham''s game should already exist in abundance?