Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Grant Holt & Henri Lansbury nominated for npower Player of Year award

Grant Holt has been nominated for npower Player of the Year, up against Adel Taarabt and Scott Sinclair, where as Henri Lansbury has been nominated for Young Player of the Year, with Will Buckley and Connor Wickham as competition.

I''m sure you''ll all agree this is a great compliment to both players, and is a testiment to both them as players and us as a club, well done lads!

I expectAdel Taarabt will get it despite his inconsistency (crap when i''ve seen him) and Connor Wickham for YPOTS even though he is overated

Henri Lansbury??  Are there not many young players about this season then? Hes ony had a few games, without looking at the stats possibly under 15?????

Note: I am not saying hes a rubbish player.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I expectAdel Taarabt will get it despite his inconsistency (crap when i''ve seen him) and Connor Wickham for YPOTS even though he is overated[/quote]Yup, you got a point. Although Wickham does have potential, I think if we go up we should lodge a cheeky bid for him.And re : no youngsters / LansburyHenri has made a huge impact and arguably netted us 4 points single handed.Re : last kick of the ball goal to win (forgotten the game )and vs Brizzol goal and assist on numbers 2 and 3 having been on the pitch for approx 8 minutes.The kid is class, was actually again thinking, if we go up would we be able to prize him away from Arsenal ?!By all accounts he likes it down here and seems to be more part of the team than " a loan player" I don''t think he is going to make it into the Arsenal XI so maybe if everything goes well he could arrive permanant ?Premiership dreams, lol :)

Re : Lansbury goal vs Bristol, just saw the goal and celebration today for the first time ( well I saw it in person but replay / slow motion )Anyone else notice that the first touch to send the ball up was actually a really good foot in from the Defender ? Henri adapted and scored, I am almost willing to risk saying I think in the same situation Holt would have missed that one.Bravo Henri ! And the lad got the moves as well !! Great celebration :)

Mrs Miggins. What a brilliant handle! Do you eat all the pies and join in cup and ball?

Oh and I agree with all above :)

Sorry a bit pizzed - it''s my 43rd wedding anniversary dont ya know!

I agree with both of you (Banana and Nexus). He is a quality player and has put in some very good shifts for us since he has been here.

I just would have thought they short list would of included young players playing a vast majority of games throughout the season rather than being pure class in a handful.

There is no getting away from the fact he is one of the best young players in the league, i was just questioning his number of appearences.

Quality over Quantity I think *shrugs*I see what your saying though, its more about the marathon and sustained quality than a short sprint of briliance.All depends what their selection board is looking for I guess ?

It''s a shame only attacking minded players ever get nominated for this sort of thing. Holt has be great this season but I''m not sure he''s our player of the season let alone the whole leagues.

I''d probably go with Paddy Kenny winner then Russell Martin as runner up.

I''m very, very, very happy for Holty but Player of the Year? He''s not even Norwich''s Player of the Year.

As everyone''s said, both trophies already have Taarabt and Wickham''s name on them. Wickham''s only played regularly since Keano left too!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I''m very, very, very happy for Holty but Player of the Year? He''s not even Norwich''s Player of the Year.

As everyone''s said, both trophies already have Taarabt and Wickham''s name on them. Wickham''s only played regularly since Keano left too![/quote]If we didn''t have Wes or Crofts, for instance, we would have found the going much more difficult this season but I think we''d still be chasing the top 6, because there have been times when Wes hasn''t played and we''ve won and Crofts didn''t play at Coventry where we won. Yet without Holt I think we''d be sitting in the bottom half of the league right now, as when he isn''t on the pitch, we don''t even look half the team we are when he''s playing. The guy''s been a revelation this season, once again, and not just in terms of his goals, but in terms of his all-round game. Therefore, imho, he fully deserves to have been nominated for this award. Ps. I''m a massive fan of both Wes and Crofts before anyone thinks otherwise!!!

Now I may be wrong but I think I''m correct in saying that strange as it may seem the award is for player of the year ie 2010 not player of the season? if this is so then Lansbury''s inclusion is a little bit bizzare but it does give Holt a much better claim. Oh and A.T I hadn''t heard of him until this season.

Drinks. I think this award is for the season, i think the only award that is for a calendar year, is the ones given out earlier in the year, the one that Messi won, and will win next season, and probably the season after that, probably more :P

But Lansbury was on loan to Watford last season, so if it is 2010, then it''s probably because of that.

But then Holt wouldn''t actually be a candidate really would he?

Must agree with paddy kenny been great all your year saved them a lot. Scott sinclaire In my opinion or tarbatt even though he had a shocker against narrwich

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Taraabt and Wickham won.[/quote]trying to follow the awards on twitter, didn''t even think they''d got to this bit yet!

Outstanding achievemnt for Holt to be nominated in the top 3.

Cant help the thinking the awards are a little bit premature. Adel was always going to get however, goals scored by Sinclair or Holt in the up and coming final games could be crucial and would add more weight to them being the player of the season.

Surley they should be done when the deason is finished?

Exactly, when the season is done

Mind you as the boy blunder has started 18 out of the paupers 37 league games perhaps '' Player of part of the Year '' might be more appropriate

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Adel Taarabt has been named Football League player of the year.

The

21-year-old Moroccan international has scored 15 goals in 37 league

appearances this season and is playing a key role in QPR''s promotion

bid.

Peterborough forward Craig Mackail-Smith, who has hit 27

goals this term, won the League One prize while Bury''s Ryan Lowe earned

the League Two award.

Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, 17, was named young player of the year.

Crewe manager Dario Gradi picked up the contribution to League Football award.

Gradi,

who first arrived at Gresty Road in 1983, has led the club to four

promotions and played a key role in setting up the club''s youth academy

system.