Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Whitbread withdraws from USA squad

Lambert is a top manager - never a doubt that Zak would be spending 22 hours on planes in a week plus suffering jet lag!!  It''s that old Alex Ferguson touch. 

Wow, nice one Zak !!

I am 100% sure he will be fit for Scunny ;)  Will be nice to give Nelly a nice welcome back as well !

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Any chance this is a planned injury :P?
[/quote]

You''ve got your first ever call up to play for your country and possibly play against Argentina and you plan an injury? Some players do still believe in playing for their country (even if he did grow up in Sunny Runny) so I very much doubt this was "planned." I''m sure he''s absolutely gutted seeing''s a call up was his main target after getting back fit.

lambo has the midas touch he needs all his players fresh and ready for the run in and not travelling half way round the globe playing in meaningless friendlies and zac has been class lately. Do people think he could be as good as leon barnett cause since he has come into the team he has been collosal

[quote user="Gooders_Army"]lambo has the midas touch he needs all his players fresh and ready for the run in and not travelling half way round the globe playing in meaningless friendlies and zac has been class lately. Do people think he could be as good as leon barnett cause since he has come into the team he has been collosal
[/quote]

I''d go as far as saying that in my eyes Whitbread is better than Barnett and that is really saying something considering how long he had been out for. Ward doesn''t convince me and CB pairing of Whitbread and Barnett would have been ideal