Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Cardiff injuries piling up

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9430040.stm

Bothroyd pulled his hamstring, centre-back Hudson medial ligaments in his knee, Full-back Quinn got injured too. Chopra is already out for the season too. No doubt they''ll dip back into the loan market as it says on that link, but they are big players to be missing.

More worried about Swans at the moment to be honest, though I know anyone can catch us in top 6/7 if we slip up too many times.

Hopefully we get through this break without injuries and get the boys fully re-charged and ready to go! OTBC

What seems ever so weird to me, is how players go to Cardiff/are more attracted to them than us. As far as I''m concerned (maybe a little biased), Norwich are a bigger club, or just about the same. Therefore I cannnot understand why there are so many players willing to go there, and not us? [:(] You could argue money, but aren''t they tight on the pennies? We have outstanding support, great facilities etc etc. I suppose we are out of the way maybe? [:(] I dunno.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Would much rather this said ''Swansea'', and had Sinclair - Broken legs, Dyer - Broken legs, Pratley - Broken legs, etc...[/quote]I''d rather we win promotion with no one breaking legs, but I get what you mean. I wouldn''t wish a broken leg on anyone. Even El Haj Diouf and Haynes I wouldn''t.

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Would much rather this said ''Swansea'', and had Sinclair - Broken legs, Dyer - Broken legs, Pratley - Broken legs, etc...
[/quote]I''d rather we win promotion with no one breaking legs, but I get what you mean. I wouldn''t wish a broken leg on anyone. Even El Haj Diouf and Haynes I wouldn''t.
[/quote]

Even them?! Nah I get what you''re saying, but definitely rather it was Swans at this point. Every little helps I guess in terms of the teams behind us struggling with injuries etc. The Swans are a strange team though and have lost something like 12 games and had a bad run before their last game so who knows what will happen for them against Preston next.

Just need to keep trying to win every single match like we have been attempting and hopefully we''ll be where we are now 8 games down the line!

On the subject of injuries, does anyone know if Whitbread has picked up a knock? US team news states he is out of the training camp due to a back injury...

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Would much rather this said ''Swansea'', and had Sinclair - Broken legs, Dyer - Broken legs, Pratley - Broken legs, etc...[/quote]I''d rather we win promotion with no one breaking legs, but I get what you mean. I wouldn''t wish a broken leg on anyone. Even El Haj Diouf and Haynes I wouldn''t. [/quote]I''d be happy for those 2 w*nkers to get 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms.

[quote user="I.S."]On the subject of injuries, does anyone know if Whitbread has picked up a knock? US team news states he is out of the training camp due to a back injury...
[/quote]

Just read it on the US ''soccer'' website after you mentioned it and apparently he''s been nursing an injury (at least that''s how I read it) and he''s using 2 weeks to recuperate. He did get a bang on his back a few games ago I believe so this makes sense and he''s probably taken advice from medical staff. He''s only just come back into the team and really cemented his place so probably best to just concentrate on the club for now and take care of himself. Suppose this is good news though in terms of not having to worry as much about him getting a big injury against Argentina or Paraguay. Just hope Crofts comes through England game ok

Cardiff attract loanees because they are prepared to pay inflated loan fees, they are piling up debts that owners may not be prepared to countenance.  There may be a further embargo on CCFC loanees due to financial shenanigans.

[quote user="pete"]Cardiff attract loanees because they are prepared to pay inflated loan fees, they are piling up debts that owners may not be prepared to countenance.  There may be a further embargo on CCFC loanees due to financial shenanigans.[/quote]

I dread to think what will happen to them if they don''t go up this year. [;)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="pete"]Cardiff attract loanees because they are prepared to pay inflated loan fees, they are piling up debts that owners may not be prepared to countenance.  There may be a further embargo on CCFC loanees due to financial shenanigans.[/quote]

[/quote]

But did hear that they have to rely on reserves and youth from now on, and Swansea are counting pennies, they have a mounting debt to the local council who have not paid the Police dodgy days ahead for both teams  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

But did hear that they have to rely on reserves and youth from now on, and Swansea are counting pennies, they have a mounting debt to the local council who have not paid the Police dodgy days ahead for both teams  

[/quote]

Whilst you are spot on about the scum, you are miles out about us. We are a very well run club who are part owned by our supporters, we made a profit last year and have no debt. The police bill wasnt paid because we felt they were taking the p155 with their charges. We haven''t spent big infact Saturdays team cost less than 2million with most being free transfers. We operate a very tight ship and our board will under no circumstances allow a cardiff situation to develop.