Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

3 Games in 6 days!!!!!!!!!

After Scunthorpe we have 3 games in 6 days, Swansea (A) on Sat, Watford (A) on Tues, then Forest (H) on Fri.  Well I know they are professional footballers but that does seem a bit harsh and all of them very tough games.  Hopefully everyone will stay fit and we could possibly rotate a few to get through those games with the results we need.  Still think we can do it, I for one believe!

We have 7 games in April...I do believe it''s the same for every team and hopefully the great fitness our team has shown throughout the season will get us through is period playing competitively in each game!

You''re looking at the 6 days that will decide our fate there. Very hard games to call, 5 points would be a good return imo.

The biggest month is years. But this break will help us massively. We have a very fit squad and reasonable amount of players, maybe the elusive striker may help.

We can do it, I believe.

Its crazy having to play 3 games in 6 days but actually the fixture list

/ Sky might have helped us out a bit. Looking at the timings of fixtures for the

Championship in April:

We''ll have a few hours less (plus traveling back) than Watford to prepare / recover for their game on tues following Swansea

Have the same period of time as Forest for the game on the friday (3 days each)

Have best part of 24hrs more than the scum to recover / prepare before the derby as they play on the saturday

Then, a result of playing on the thursday night, we have 3 full days off

before the match against Derby on bank holiday monday, whereas they''ll

have less than 48hrs as they play on saturday afternoon.. (plus it''ll be their 3rd game in 7 days as opposed to our 3rd in 9)After that kick off times are all the same

Not a huge deal, but every little helps!

I think it will affect us. We do seem to have games where we are a ''bit off colour'' after harder games. Lambert was even making the point that we played Hull on Saturday after a Monday night game !

Yes. Others will be in the same boat but we seem to play at such a manic pace that we may feel the effects more. Yes, we are fitter it would seem but that does mean we are playing full out for the whole game - right until the final whistle.

The frustrating thing is that this cramming in of fixtures is brought about by having to suspend the league for a fortnight for a pile of Mickey Mouse football. any wonder that managers pull their players out. The clubs don''t want it, the managers don''t want it and very few playersw ant it - hence the huge number of injuries that crop up.

As someone said elsewhere. It''s rather like going to Glastobury and finding the last two bands have had to cut their sets in half because there was a Karaoke session on the stage earlier on.

Stuff Blatter and FIFA - and our greedy FA as well for conniving is such a money making farce.

This is not only unfair on the clubs and players but more so on us fans as normally the third game is a farce as both teams are tired after the previous games and both under perform whilst we pay full price for a second rate game. Just think back to the third games during the christmas break.

I wonder how much affect this has on attendances. Many other clubs do not have the same level of season ticket holders and so are more dependant on fans paying through the turnstiles.

Concentrate the games in such a short period and I''m sure that many will not be able to afford some games. Yes they should save the money from this coming weekend but things don''t often work that way.

The ''shannigans'' over the world cup bidding should have flagged up the corruption that is international football. On it''s own merits it is a pretty much meaningless pile of old tosh. Great idea postwar but should have died out with all the other similar stuff.

We now have a situation where more and more farcical games are arranged to benefit various national FA''s to ensure that certain folk within those FA''s can fill their boots and so vote accordingly when the jobs for the boys are dished out.

It''s more frustrating to see football fans stand by and see our game decimated so that some corrupt FA officials can line their pockets - and further cement their control of the game.