Sign in to follow this  
unique

Swansea City

Not discounting the need and expectancy of three points against Scunthorpe, the game against Swansea City is shaping up to be THE most important game for Norwich since that last game travesty at Craven Cottage all those years ago.

On that infamous day, many Norwich City players failed to turn up. Under Paul Lambert, we know that won''t happen again.This squad is a different breed altogether, a breath of fresh air to supporters far and wide.

Swansea away will be the biggest test so far this season. The potential ultimate prize for the winner is, as we know, far greater than winning an FA Cup/League Cup double.

Swansea looked a potent force against Forest. Sinclair looked unplayable, scoring a goal that will surely be a contender for Goal of the Season. Borini fitted in like a glove - just as we were hoping CMS would be doing until Friday''s disappointment. Dyer was flying on the wing. They played fast flowing football which blew Forest away.

A defeat will not be disastrous, a draw will be most welcome. A win will be epic, and will send a powerful message to all the other promotion rivals.

Norwich have 67 points after 38 games - last season, Blackpool had 51 points after 38 games - nothing can be taken for granted. However the winner of this game will be going a long way towards avoiding the lottery of the play-offs, and the prospect of having to win two ''Cup Finals''.

I had Swansea picking up one more win than us, when I looked at the fixtures last night, which would see them pinch second place. Hope I''m wrong.

We need a striker.

I''m just hoping that Sinclair picks up an injury before we meet, but even if he does not I expect us to get at least a point.

This could be the game we talk about for years to come.  Lambert will get the team fired up and no matter what the scoreline is we will battle which is all you can ask for.  It will be a tough, tough game but Swansea are beatable you just have to play them the right way.  You can''t go all out attack because they will tear you to shreds on the counter attack so you have to make it tight and make it difficult for them to play their flowing football game.

I expect it to be like Leeds last season, a tight game where we don''t really come out of the traps untill the last 15 minutes or so and nick it at the end.

This will be the decider!

They can be awesome but they can be beeten too. They''ve lost 12 times this season already where as we''ve only lost 2 from the last 24. We can certianly get a point and if we do I think that will be a huge step.

They''re an excellent side and a lot of good sides have struggled to work out how to play against them (infact they probably outplayed us at Carrow Road) but then we are 2nd for a reason - we''re a bloody good team and somebody will really have to go some to beat us.

If we beat Scunny and then beat Swansea we won''t be caught.

Am I the only person that doesnt really fear Swansea?

Keep Sinclair quiet, keep Swansea quiet.

Forest''s form has been terrible, so I wasnt all that suprised or impressed by Swansea''s win against them.

One of the huge differences between us and Swansea is the strength of their strike force. Have you seen the quality of their squad?

I can see a defeat for us in Wales and almost certainly a playoff place to finish with ... which will be fantastic. I honestly don''t think we are strong enough to finish in the top 2 - we''ve only been that high for a handful of weeks all season.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Am I the only person that doesnt really fear Swansea? Keep Sinclair quiet, keep Swansea quiet. Forest''s form has been terrible, so I wasnt all that suprised or impressed by Swansea''s win against them.[/quote]

My thoughts too plus we will have Chris Martin back for Scunny so who knows, Anyway how come we got these Welsh lamb teams in the British f lge  

Really hope we win but chances are Swansea will....and then what?  Nothing there are still to many points to play for to draw any conclusions, having said that I do think if we manage to win there promotion is looking very good

To me we need to be Forest at home and Ipswich and Watford away, the rest I hope will look after itself

OTBC

TBH thats what most sides think, but Dyer and dobbie have caused sides as many problems as sinclair this season. Sinclair can drift in and out but those two are always on the ball. The new lad Fabio looks the part and the amazing thing is all the squad at present are fit. However we can be either brilliant and breathtaking or very average, we dont draw many but have lost too many. We are on our day a very good side but we very rarely win playing badly.

It should be a cracker hopefully we can get a result at Preston and be on top form for your visit as we will have to be.

Just wonder how important our missed pen at carrow road will be when the score was 0-0!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Am I the only person that doesnt really fear Swansea? [/quote]

Nope, I don''t fear them either.

They''ve lost 12 league games this season. We''ve only lost 7.

[quote user="jackforever"]TBH thats what most sides think, but Dyer and dobbie have caused sides as many problems as sinclair this season. Sinclair can drift in and out but those two are always on the ball. The new lad Fabio looks the part and the amazing thing is all the squad at present are fit. However we can be either brilliant and breathtaking or very average, we dont draw many but have lost too many. We are on our day a very good side but we very rarely win playing badly.

It should be a cracker hopefully we can get a result at Preston and be on top form for your visit as we will have to be.

Just wonder how important our missed pen at carrow road will be when the score was 0-0![/quote]

We dont draw many but have lost too many?

Weve drawn nearly double the amount of games weve lost.

Borini looks the part?

Based on what? Watching the Football League show and tapping 2 in from 6 yards?

Everyone needs to stop feeling so negative about this game! Im sure Swansea are just as nervous at the prospect of playing against us, because on our day we can outplay any team in the league. They are in the same boat as us, within grasp of glory, and the nerves could also affect them. The one thing we can guarentee though is that Lambert will make sure that the players are focused on the game, and not let the heat of the situation get to them.

Like Swansea we have some fantastic players, and one of the best midfields in the Championship. Both QPR and Cardiff have a better team on paper than us, yet we have only lost 1 out of those 4 fixures against them (and should have really won the other 3!). As long as everybody is on their game and help eachother out I cannot see why Lambert cannot motivate the players enough to get them through the game. And lets remember, even though the game may well be the ''decider'' for second place, there will still be a lot of points to play for, so even if we do lose at Swansea, the race for second will still be up for grabs.