Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Who is the weakest link?

None of the players. If we have a weak link at the moment it is the ''fans'' at Carrow Road who boo this wonderful, hard-working team, which has delivered more this season that any of us could have hoped for.

Unbelievable, I would understand this thread if we were 2nd from bottom. But were a promotion winning team.

I hope anyone in the team doesn''t look on these forums, must do wonders for their confidence

We don''t have one. We have a great team, with a great work-ethic, who give everything for themselves and each other week-in, week-out.

Of course, we could perhaps do with one or two additions to add a bit more depth, but whoever is selected for each match I for one have full faith in.

Ruddy, everytime

How many has he scored, I will tell you, none ?

Watch when we get a corner. What does he do ?

I will tell you, he wanders around at the other end of the pitch, as if that is going to help score a goal.

As to his attitude he hasn''t even bothered to go out and buy a fans replica shirt as the rest of the team have, instead it looks like he has just bought an outdated fans away strips from some charity shop instead. If the fans colours are yellow shirts why can''t he get that right ?

And perhaps someone could point out to him that most other players manage without having to keep picking up the ball everytime either.

So well done colneylad, about time we had some sensible posts up on here.

I think that it''s a worthwhile question, and one that PL may have given some thought to.

If/when we are promoted, the team will need to be strengthened. The question then becomes, "Which players in the current squad will struggle in the Premiership?" Given that we will probably be able to sign only two or three new players of quality, priorities will have to be set. It will be an agony of decision

All I would like to say is that there are one or two very good players, and I would think that Hooly and possibly Holty are in this category. Crofts and Fox may be close to this, and perhaps Whitbread and Barnett, but most have never played in the Premiership.

There are some good players in our squad, but which could up their game still further? Over to you Paul Lambert!

We don''t have a weak link as such but maybe our defence is the weaker posistion, we have conceded a fair few but it''s not down to any individuals, just a team thing, if teams attack us on the counter we sometimes lack pace at the back!

i honestly dont think there is a weak link at the moment and people will say who ever plays up front with holty is not up to it, jackson tried really hard against bristol city but just wasnt confident in front of goal and against leicester aaron played really well and thoughily deserved his goal. Midfield is very strong and defencively were getting better and ruddy has got better so overall a very strong squad with everyone chipping in so that is great

[quote user="Planet X"]What''s the point of this thread.Let it die a death.Please nobody post anymore on this thread.[/quote]OK

[quote user="City1st"]Ruddy, everytime

I will tell you, he wanders around at the other end of the pitch, as if that is going to help score a goal.

As to his attitude he hasn''t even bothered to go out and buy a fans replica shirt as the rest of the team have, instead it looks like he has just bought an outdated fans away strips from some charity shop instead. If the fans colours are yellow shirts why can''t he get that right ?

And perhaps someone could point out to him that most other players manage without having to keep picking up the ball everytime either.

So well done colneylad, about time we had some sensible posts up on here.[/quote]

Even though this thread was a complete fail, totally worth it for this post!!

[quote user="City1st"]Ruddy, everytime

So well done colneylad, about time we had some sensible posts up on here.[/quote]Fair point.  I''d have said Paul Lambert because he''s got everyone all excited about possible promotion when our squad of cast-offs, journeymen and unproven kids is clearly not good enough, and any manager should know he has to manage expectations which Lambert has now failed to do.  But Ruddy probably nicks it for the reasons you listed, if we had Fraser Forster then we''d already be in the Prem.

i would say we could improve on some areas, but so can every team. we''ve done so well to be where we are with so little money spent on the squad;

ruddy- good; took him a while

martin- brilliant

whitbread-brilliant

barnett-brilliant

drury-drury

tierney-good

crofts-brilliant

fox-brilliant

wes-brilliant

holt-brilliant

surman-brilliant

lappin-good commitment

lansbury-inconsistent in periods of each game but scored many of the important goals

jackson-not scored enough despite playing well recently

martin-not scoring enough unfortunately

ward-average

mcnamee-poor

Steven Smith was the winkest link, never a threat to Drury then got injured and didn''t settle; good job he is now out on loan with Tierney replacing him

not confused, which is why ''was'' was in italics, I can''t think of a current weakest link

[quote user="Planet X"]What''s the point of this thread.Let it die a death.

Please nobody post anymore on this thread.
[/quote]

Didn''t you hear him?