Sign in to follow this  
HuckerbysMullet

Not another CMS post! Strikers.

Hey guys, I''ve been a long time reader of this forum, not many posts but there we go!

All this talk of CMS is irrelevant to me, I think people forget that we still have Chris Martin to return, who is likely to grab a few goals in the promotion run in, not forgetting Wilbraham, who as we know isn''t a natural goalscorer, but he takes a lot of the physical hustle and bustle off Grant Holt, leaving holty to play his own game.

As for Jackson, im undecided, he seems to be a little light weight for this league, however im surprised Lambert hasn''t used him more when games are coming to a close, he is quick and will get in behind the opposition defence, just needs confidence and a finish to match right now.

Overall I think we could make that 2nd spot ours, just need to get behind the lads as we have done all season and not let the pressure get to us, it''s nail biting, but thats football.

OTBC!

HM, I agree with what you have said but I believe the addition of a new face gives everyone a lift too. Also, the new arrival of a striker means everyone has to raise their game too, at the moment the team just about picks itself depending on where and who we play.

I am not advocating that it has to be CMS either, but we obviously rate him and his work rate is very high.

If we had,(a big ''If'''') Holt, Martin, Jackson & CMS plus the services of Lansbury to boot I feel that would be enough.

OTBC

if we are to get someone in on loan with view to permanant if its not cms, then im sure £3m would be enough to get d.graham , s.long or d.nugent. if were after just a loan the k.phillips, d.kamara or s.cox will do nicely thanks.

lambert should only bring someone in before thursday if it the right player who can come in and really help us in the run in and score a few goals. Id love lambo to bring in victor moses from wigan

L4cole I agree with you I dont think we need a striker cause I thought aaron played great against leicester and Simeon has pace and we got Chrissy coming back from injurie but maybe an extra body might help not sure what do u think buddy

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]if we are to get someone in on loan with view to permanant if its not cms, then im sure £3m would be enough to get d.graham , s.long or d.nugent. if were after just a loan the k.phillips, d.kamara or s.cox will do nicely thanks.[/quote]Kamara has just gone to Leicester.

I don''t think we actually need another striker for the rest of the season.  I think we can play Hoolahan off Holt and they will get us plenty of goals.  Another striker would be helpful if Holt gets injured but lets hope that doesn''t happen, I''m content with what we have.

i say we go for nicky maynard in the summer. His contract is up next year and has shown he can score in this league. He would probably cost a lot less than CMS as well

yes. hes definitely not worth 5 million is he and anyway if we were going to spend 5 million on him or CMS i would say maynard by far as there is a lot more potential

Chris Martin was playing very poorly before his injury. We need a striker.

Talk of CMS obviously isn''t "irrelevant" no matter what the original poster says otherwise we wouldn''t have tabled the offer we did.

Let''s face it, if Lambert thought Martin coming back could make all the difference, he wouldn''t be looking at strikers.

i know they wouldnt pay that much but just making a point. Its hard to know how much each player is worth

Peterboro have said tonight if we cough up the £3 million he is ours , Norwich have said nothing to add to last weeks statement.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Peterboro have said tonight if we cough up the £3 million he is ours , Norwich have said nothing to add to last weeks statement.
[/quote]

Source?

I started watching about 10 mins in, so it must have been mentioned before that, can you put that into the context of conversation? Did Dion mention it? If so I won''t buy it after last weeks disappointment...

They were talking about the transfer not going through and Matt Holland said Peterborough had said today if we offered the £3 million a deal could still be done , he then said Norwich said they have nothing to add to the statement they made last week .

Bloomin'' ''eck.£3million, £5million? Where do some of you get these numbers from?

That Peterboro owner did an interview on radio last week saying what we had bid and what they wanted which is £3 million.

Putting the fee issue aside, how many feel CMS would fit into the team? He seems to be a pacey, direct striker who profits off the back of poor defending. I worry he wouldn''t get the chances he gets in the lower leagues in the Champ, let alone the Prem and might find it hard up here. Still, there''s no doubt we do carve teams open when we''re playing to our best. If he''s in the side, even if he puts away one of the chances we miss each and every game, that''ll be a massive boost to our team overall.I''m torn!