Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Super Chris

Should be back fit for the Scunthorpe game, so we may ''go with what we have got''.

Nice to see the team getting a well deserved break in Portugal too, bit of golf and team bonding, hopefully keeping them focused on the job ahead!

OTBC

I cant understand why Martin is been made out to be our saviour for our remaining games.

He did nothing to show this in the previous games he played this season.

When was he dropped for Jackson? He was given a rest for a game or two.

He may not be the scoring solution, but fits into the team more than Jackson, and more than Wilbraham

Even if he was getting dropped, what has Jackson done in his place? I was expecting Jackson to be amazing, in fact when he signed, i wasn''t expecting much, and got completely blasted for that, everyone telling me he was amazing.... Some people don''t see what Chris Martin does, but Lambert does, and thats all that matters!!!

Chris Martin does not bring goals to the side and that''s what we need , found his level last season and cannot make the step up much like Jackson .

He looked very good and sharp in his last game he played at home to Reading. Can''t wait to have him back, he has had a poor season but boy can the lad finish.

And Martin must have had a lot on his mind in most of them games. With his court decision in the back of his mind he was never going to be on top of his game. I know its no major excuse but it would have had an impact on his performances.

I think when Martin gets back to playing, he will prove all the doubters wrong. I or one think Martin will score some very vital goals in the run-in.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Chris Martin does not bring goals to the side and that''s what we need , found his level last season and cannot make the step up much like Jackson .[/quote]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Go and watch Chris Martin when he comes back.

Makes you wonder why Lambert has been trying non stop to bring in a striker , maybe some of you should let him know how good Super 4 goals Chrissy Martin is he could save on his phone bill .

YellowOne1, have you not noticed he is injured, Jackson hasn''t been scoring/doesn''t fit into the team, and Wilbraham is also currently injured.

and he hasn''t been non stop been trying to get a striker, or he would have had one by now. He''s probably only tried a few option, he''s not that desperate, or there would currently be a striker on loan, how quickly did we get a CB in?

" He''s probably only tried a few option, he''s not that desperate, or there would currently be a striker on loan, how quickly did we get a CB in? "

In all fairness theres so much difference between bringing in a decent centre half (that is not likly to play) and bringing in a real quality striker.

Its non comparable

Lambert said he had made hundreds of phone calls , and if we offered £1.5 million for Mackail Smith with another million in add ons i would say yes we are very desperate . Martin was not injured for most of the season and was failing to score , to think he will be the answer could see us miss out on auto .

I would agree with Rosenior on the FLS if we dont get a goalscorer in this week we will have to make do with the play offs .

He also said he knew nothing about the CMS bid.... Not everything he says is true.

I really don''t get why people think we need another striker, how are we second now? Yes another striker would be nice, but seriously, were second, and why would we suddenly stop playing football? I know form can drop, but we will be fine.

And Chris Martin is definatly not rubbish, he may not have scored much, but Holt didn''t look like he would at the start (yes i know he wasn''t fit) Martin has a big part to play in this team, the partnership him, Holt and Hoolahan formed last season, has carried on this season, but because he isn''t scoring, he''s not getting the praise he maybe deserves (apart from me :P)

I am really getting quite fed up, with all this ''we need a loan'' blah, its been said since Janurary, and we have moved up places, 2/3/4 weeks ago, along with the ''we need a loan'' comments, people where saying we wouldn''t make the play-offs if we didn''t get one. But we are now second, we are not losing games, and in the last 4/5 games we probably have the best form out of the top 6/7 teams.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]I would agree with Rosenior on the FLS if we dont get a goalscorer in this week we will have to make do with the play offs .[/quote]

There seems to be some misguided belief that if we get an additional striker for the last 8 games then automatic promotion is guaranteed - or conversley, if we don''t get an additional striker then we stand no chance of getting automatic promotion.

There is no striker in the World who comes with the rock solid promise that he''ll get us promotion - witness Torres who cost £50m & hasn''t looked like scoring in 7 or 8 games for Chelsea.

We have got to 2nd with what we''ve got so why are people so sure that we can''t keep there with what we''ve got.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="YellowOne1"]I would agree with Rosenior on the FLS if we dont get a goalscorer in this week we will have to make do with the play offs .[/quote]

There seems to be some misguided belief that if we get an additional striker for the last 8 games then automatic promotion is guaranteed - or conversley, if we don''t get an additional striker then we stand no chance of getting automatic promotion.

There is no striker in the World who comes with the rock solid promise that he''ll get us promotion - witness Torres who cost £50m & hasn''t looked like scoring in 7 or 8 games for Chelsea.

We have got to 2nd with what we''ve got so why are people so sure that we can''t keep there with what we''ve got.

[/quote] But getting one in helps , at the moment we are relying on defenders and midfielders to get the bulk of our goals , even Holt has only weighed in with a couple of pens lately .

We have been missing Chris Martin more than some people actually even realise.Will be great to have him back and we will certainly create many more chances with Chris next to Holt, hopefully he can even bag a few goals to shut the mongers up who can''t see his quality !

God how people like to moan, we''re still 2nd we got there with the players we have so logic would dictate that we can stay there with what we have. You may not like Chris Martin and you may not rate him, but if by Thursday we have not signed anybosy then he is officially the best we have (other than Holt obviously) so stop moaning and get behind the lad!

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]God how people like to moan, we''re still 2nd we got there with the players we have so logic would dictate that we can stay there with what we have.

You may not like Chris Martin and you may not rate him, but if by Thursday we have not signed anybosy then he is officially the best we have (other than Holt obviously) so stop moaning and get behind the lad!
[/quote]

Agreed! And why moan about Chrissy Martin now, why can''t they wait until he''s fit and back in the side. He plays much better when he''s got the bit between his teeth - maybe with him being out of the squad for the time he has, he is desperate to get back in to the starting 11?! Too premature NCFC fans!

Lambert has been trying to sign a better striker than Chris, which is why I think he may be struggling. The fact he was reported to be in for Robbie Blake tells you that there just isn’t top quality goalscorers available at the moment. From what I saw of the lad from Peterborough last night I’d have Chris over him all day. He brings a lot more to the team than goals, his hold up play and understanding with Wes and Holty is top notch and I think you can see that they enjoy playing together.

Lambert described him as the best finisher at the club, if he doesn’t trust his players then who will? I’d rather have Lambert’s opinion bearing in mind he sees the boys train everyday. If Chris can make an impact in his first game back he will be like a new signing and he could really make an impact (in my opinion!).

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]God how people like to moan, we''re still 2nd we got there with the players we have so logic would dictate that we can stay there with what we have.

You may not like Chris Martin and you may not rate him, but if by Thursday we have not signed anybosy then he is officially the best we have (other than Holt obviously) so stop moaning and get behind the lad!
[/quote]

It''s not my impression that people are moaning, they are just giving an opinion. IMO, although I have a high regard for Martin but not of jackson/Wilbraham, we clearly need to bring in a better quality striker for the last eight games. Swansea brought in Borini who made an immediate impact last weekend and Leicester have just brought in Kamara for the final push. With the "Promised Land" now in our grasp it beats me that some posters on here cannot see the benefit of bringing in another striker.

[quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]God how people like to moan, we''re still 2nd we got there with the players we have so logic would dictate that we can stay there with what we have. You may not like Chris Martin and you may not rate him, but if by Thursday we have not signed anybosy then he is officially the best we have (other than Holt obviously) so stop moaning and get behind the lad![/quote]

It''s not my impression that people are moaning, they are just giving an opinion. IMO, although I have a high regard for Martin but not of jackson/Wilbraham, we clearly need to bring in a better quality striker for the last eight games. Swansea brought in Borini who made an immediate impact last weekend and Leicester have just brought in Kamara for the final push. With the "Promised Land" now in our grasp it beats me that some posters on here cannot see the benefit of bringing in another striker.

[/quote]I can see the benefit in bringing another striker in, its just that its not that straight forward. Some posters are slagging Chris Martin off, what is that going to achieve?Also we no longer need to be worrying about what Leicester are doing, they wouldn''t catch us now if they signed Messi.

Continues to divide opinion amongst supporters. For me he is at best average at this level. If Lambert rated him that much he would not have been trying so hard to bring in fresh blood. It will be interseting to see if anything happens prior to thursday

[quote user="Ncfc"]Chris Martin does not bring goals to the side and that''s what we need , found his level last season and cannot make the step up much like Jackson .
[/quote]

This is the most important post. Unfortunately for the poster it is completely wrong. Chris Martin DOES bring goals to the side. He may not be scoring them but it is no accient that our midfield and defenders have been scoring all season. He has been an intregal part of the team and the way Lambert plays it. We are less of a team without him. I will agree that his goal tally could be higher this season but just as there is more to just defending for a defender there is more to just scoring for an attacker. His performance against the second best team in the division, QPR, showed what he is capable of.  

3-4 months ago it was just me and GP saying how good Chris Martin was and how important he is to our play.Good to see that a few people are comming out of the woodwork now and perhaps seeing how much we miss him when he is injured.Cant wait to see him back in action and reckon he will set one up at the very least on his next appearance

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Al Catraz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see the benefit in bringing another striker in, its just that its not that straight forward. Some posters are slagging Chris Martin off, what is that going to achieve?

Also we no longer need to be worrying about what Leicester are doing, they wouldn''t catch us now if they signed Messi.
[/quote]

I don''t think any posters are slagging off Chris Martin. Yes, some are saying that they are not convinced that he''s good enough but many, including me and not just Nexus_Canary and GP, hold Martin in high regard and have recognised for a long time "how important he is to our overall play" .

I agree that Leicester are no longer a threat to us. I used them (a) to exemplify the point I was making about bringing in a striker for the final push and (b) to illustrate that suitable players are out there and available. I would have been delighted if Kamara had been brought in by Lambert for the final 8 games.