Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Forssell

I was just hunting down a couple of players purely out of interest the other day and remembered Mikael Forssell, once of Chelsea and Birmingham.

Looked him up on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Forssell

Out of contract in the summer. Not saying that he is worth a gamble, just that he was once held in high regard and for some reason I thought he scored more often.

Somebody said something about players from abroad not being able to be loaned in so that rules him out anyway I guess.

I still think if worse comes to worse and we can get nothing else Aliadiare might be worth it for the short term, he can play wing as well. Give him a short term deal and ask him to earn a longer term one.

As the old saying goes, what''s wrong with what we have? This team got us to second, it takes time for players to bed in. Let''s look at a striker in the summer, to suit our needs. We don''t need another striker this season!

[quote user="Largey"]If Ruddy gets injured aren''t we rather buggered?[/quote]

No cause we have Rudd who is a very capable replacement.

[quote user="G"]

[/quote]

We also have Wilbraham and Jackson and Chris Martin who are very capable replacements. If you can find us another Grant Holt in the next 2 days to join us on loan then you sir are a genius!

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="G"]

[/quote] We also have Wilbraham and Jackson and Chris Martin who are very capable replacements. If you can find us another Grant Holt in the next 2 days to join us on loan then you sir are a genius![/quote]

Chris Martin injured, Wilbraham injured, Jackson isn''t scoring. Not that any of them were really in scoring form. If i could find us another Grant Holt i would be working with Lambert my friend but unfortunately i can''t but i think we managed to get players like Lita come in and grab a few goals for us if we had a player like that come in and score us 5 goals we would be well on our way. However, i''m looking forward to Chrissy Martin coming back because i think he had immense quality hidden within him.

I also think no Grant Holt = no promotion for sure.In the games he has missed we haven''t looked anywhere near as good upfront.We can''t afford to get a player that is good enough to do the job now without paying well over the odds.It''s just a fingers crossed job.Who knows one of the other three only needs a little spell of 4 in 5 games and we could be sitting very pretty.

I would be interested in knowing how many goals we score when Chris Martin is and isn''t in the team. I think we all might be pleasantly surprised as to how many goals we score. Although he hasn''t exactly been banging them in when he''s played but I''m very much looking forward to his return. I also believe that Wilbraham will surprise a few too. I still think Lambert would be looking to bring someone in even if all our strikers were fit and firing as he brought in Stephen Elliott in last year even when we seemed well equipped, you can never have too many strikers!

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I also think no Grant Holt = no promotion for sure.In the games he has missed we haven''t looked anywhere near as good upfront.We can''t afford to get a player that is good enough to do the job now without paying well over the odds.It''s just a fingers crossed job.Who knows one of the other three only needs a little spell of 4 in 5 games and we could be sitting very pretty.[/quote]

It''s not right but if I was Brendan Rodgers I might get the players to try and aggrevate Holt and get a couple of digs in him to cause him to flip out or get injured, eliminating us from the equation. Swansea are too honest and decent a side to do this. I wouldn''t have put it past Forest and Leeds though. [;)]