Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Lambert tried to sign Greg Halford

Hi All,

Was chatting to my friend on facebook the other night and she is Greg Halford''s cousin.

I know he is currently on-loan at Pompey but she said Lambert approached his parent club about signing him on-loan with a view to a permanent.

She said Greg really wanted to join us but for what ever reason it just didn''t materialise in the end.

Just thought i''d share a little bit of info. with you all. I knwo it''s a bit dull but it''s 100% true though. I reckon this might have been when Lambert was looking for defensive cover before he got Edwards.

It''s not a rumour!! It crazes me that when people get legitimate info. and think it would be cool to share it with fans as to players the club has tried to bring in you then get people liek you being all mardy about it!

This is true. My friend wouldn''t make something like this up and Greg phoned her to tell her at the time that a move to Norwich might have been on the cards.

I give up with sharing info. now!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]It''s not a rumour!! It crazes me that when people get legitimate info. and think it would be cool to share it with fans as to players the club has tried to bring in you then get people liek you being all mardy about it! This is true. My friend wouldn''t make something like this up and Greg phoned her to tell her at the time that a move to Norwich might have been on the cards. I give up with sharing info. now![/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yes, but there is the saying the boy who cried wolf! not saying you, but loads of people saying its true honestly! just bored of listening to fake info, and yes maybe yours is true but you to thank all the people that wasn''t true as its hard what to believe!

Surely a forum for football fans of a certain club is where people should discuss potential transfers or rumours of transfers?

FROM NOW ON PINKUN POSTERS... FACTS ONLY ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD! ANY RUMOURS OR DISCUSSIONS THAT DO NOT HAVE RELATED FACTS, WILL RESULT IN THE CULPRIT BEING BURNT AT THE STAKE!

I don''t know what the big fuss is if people post stuff. Like the poster said it is a poster, it is not like a legally sworn document. It is a place for rumours and alike and I enjoy reading them. Most turn out to be false, but who cares.

He also tried to get Jack Hobbs in. He wanted the move but Lambert was too late as the paperwork had already gone through for his move to Hull.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]I don''t know what the big fuss is if people post stuff. Like the poster said it is a poster, it is not like a legally sworn document. It is a place for rumours and alike and I enjoy reading them. Most turn out to be false, but who cares.[/quote]

Agreed. And even the people who moan about the rumours on here - They love reading them as much as anyone, it''s the possibilities, you can bet your life on it.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]I don''t know what the big fuss is if people post stuff. Like the poster said it is a poster, it is not like a legally sworn document. It is a place for rumours and alike and I enjoy reading them. Most turn out to be false, but who cares.[/quote]

Agreed. And even the people who moan about the rumours on here - They love reading them as much as anyone, it''s the possibilities, you can bet your life on it.

Halford was the player Roeder was refering to when he was slaging off players who would much rather rot in the Premiership reserves than play in the Championship.

Hasn''t Halford played for both Wolves and Pompey already this season? I was under the impression that a player couldn''t play for more than 2 teams in one season?

If this is the case then Halford should probably know that as I would expect Lambert too meaning you are talking total bull$hit and you probably have no facebook friends at all.

Could you do me a favour, and ask your ''friend who is Greg Halford''s cousin'' to let him know that I for one am absolutely delighted that absolute tosspiece didn''t darken our doors.

Cheers!

Whats this about someone/thing called a CMS?  Anyone know anything about it?  Is it to do with the ticketing system?  Raymondo?  Any ideas?

I honestly believe that any fans outside of NCFC who read these message boards must think we are the most retarded and pathetic fans going. There really are sone total dicks on this message board and to be quite honest what on earth is the point in anybody poating anything on here anymore as there is always the same idiots mocking/questioning other peoples posts.

In all honesty, i dont give two hoots what you think - The info. I was told on this player was 100% true. She informed me when he was at Colchester that he was moving to another club and she was correct. Anyway, i really dont have to justify myself to the morons on this board who mock. Was sharing the info. I was given. Will steer clear from now on.

[O.T.B.C"]I don''t know what the big fuss is if people post stuff. Like the poster said it is a poster, it is not like a legally sworn document. It is a place for rumours and alike and I enjoy reading them. Most turn out to be false, but who cares.

Correct!

Most posts on this forum should be taken with a pinch of salt!

I thought the OP had a reasonably interesting fact they thought was worth sharing.

Predictably it has descended into a "Who''s your source? If you can''t name them it''s not worthy of being posted" type thread all too common on here of late.