Sign in to follow this  
Gooders_Army

favourite ever city game???

what r peeps favourite norwich game they have been to home or away. My favourite would have to be the play off semi final against wolves at carrow road the atmosphere that day was incredible. This seasons game with the scum ran it close lol.Thoughts???Cheers

Its really hard to pick a favourite game. I know i''ve answer ''best'' game, thinking more of just the performance.

This season there was a contender obviously, with a certain legend scoring a hat-trick :D

Beating Man.U 2-0 was really great. The same season, the 4-4 with Boro, even though was only a draw, was an amazing ending, and to be honest I only really remember Boro''s 4th and the 3 goals for us after that.

My first game was pretty exiting. as well.

And as you said the play-off semi final was pretty exiting. Probably some i''m forgetting as well.

the everton game from the premier league season sticks out for me. We were so bad in the first half two down the came out second half all over them got it back to two each, hucks was great that day the ground was rocking but yet we still managed to lose lol. Also the boro game wwas epic as was man utd great memories hopefully those days r coming back otbc

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Home game V Bayern Munich never been to a game with atmosphere quite like it before or since[/quote]   Agree with that. Also the Aston Villa game the season we finished 3rd in the prem. It was near the end of the season, we won and really had a feeling we were going to win the title.  

bit early for me m8 only started going the 1996/7 season when I was seven lol. This season has had some memorable games with all the late goals very entertaining.

when we came back from two down to beat sheffield united 4-2 that was a great match and when we came back from two down to beat QPR think when we had earnie

Beating a certain Team from down the road in the Milk Cup Semi Final will always live in my memory.

that must have been an epic night since Ive been going near on 15 years we''ve always been a terrible cup team lol this season beating the filth 4-1 was an amazing feeling for all canarys lol they got what was coming to them grant holt what a legend! be great to man utd again next season

One of my favourites was Arsenal away in the League Cup in 1973 which I went to with my father. We won 3-0 and Graham Paddon scored a hat-trick.  [:P][<:o)]

did you go to leicester the other week what a night that was sung our hearts out all game and we won so couldnt be better and wilby scored shock horror shame he got injured

[quote user="paul moy"]One of my favourites was Arsenal away in the League Cup in 1973 which I went to with my father. We won 3-0 and Graham Paddon scored a hat-trick.  [:P][<:o)][/quote]

Was at that game too Paul. Not sure it''s my favourite but it''s right up there. But there are just so many if I choose one I will change my mind as soon as I have posted!

[quote user="Gooders_Army"]that must have been an epic night since Ive been going near on 15 years we''ve always been a terrible cup team lol this season beating the filth 4-1 was an amazing feeling for all canarys lol they got what was coming to them grant holt what a legend! be great to man utd again next season [/quote]CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW[URL=http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/?action=view&current=NorwichvIpswichSD.mp4][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/th_NorwichvIpswichSD.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Play off semi v Wolves, yes.Last season - Leeds was special for the 89th minute winner.All time favourite was probably at Uni when Norwich beat Leeds 4-0 & Jeremy Goss nearly snapped the crossbar with that volley.  Still my favourite NCFC goal and one of the all time great "on the break" goals you''ll ever see.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yuKZlTtjQI bet Leeds fans wouldn''t applaud this any more...

next season as well as premier league football I want a cup run to at least the 4th round/quarters cause we usually always go out early make a change

next season as premier league football I want a cup run to at least the 4th round/quarters that would be good and make a change. Beating leeds anytime is always fun last season was a poor game but fantastic finale as we have become used to this season.

Scum away 1972-73 portashithole just started work with all scummers we won 2-1 or 3-1 first time in the top flight,remember Bone and anderson scoring then had to hitch back to Bungay got loads of abuse up the A12 Just 16 at the time does the youth of today do anything like this

i think this year we should do there ground over like they bloody did be so funny and if we got promoted at there place that would be absolutely amazing and they would never be able to live it down ha ha poor scummers otbc.The play off final v brum was a great day for being a canary 30,000 plus in cardiff great sight awash with yellow great memories

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]Scum away 1972-73 portashithole just started work with all scummers we won 2-1 or 3-1 first time in the top flight,remember Bone and anderson scoring then had to hitch back to Bungay got loads of abuse up the A12 Just 16 at the time does the youth of today do anything like this[/quote]

Was at that one too Bungay. It was at home though. It''s difficult to imagine that we didn''t sign a new player until the February after we were promoted. Players like Keelan, Payne, Butler, Black, Stringer, Forbes, Briggs and Anderson had been at the club quite a few years by then. I reckon  if we go up this year, like back then,  we will stick with many of the players who are here now.

I remember back in the 01/02 season when we used to get 15-16 thousand every week for the 5 or so years id been going u know the usual mid table nothingness then all of a sudden we started really well and played leicester on a friday night I think on sky and it was a complete sell out and the atmosphere was really good and from that game onwards we have always had big crowds and that game sticks out as a turning point in citys fortunes since Ive been a fan mind u it finished nil nil lol

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]prehaps it was 71-72 but defo away aug or sept was 2-1 or 3-1 you should nt forget these things when your gouded ever day by some scummer[/quote]

Apologies Bungay, it was away. That''s two senile moments from me the last couple of days[:S][:$]

And you''re right, it was Bone and Anderson who scored and a certain scummer called Hamilton who scored for them!

Mine was at Filbert Street, was living in Leicester and we had a cruch game with them for a promotion place. Mark Barham was brilliant on the day and Norman Leet scored probably the best own goal i''ve ever seen chipping the keeper from just inside his own half (well they how it seemed to me)

Even better I was sitting in the away end celebrated and no trouble at all. (mind you we were so much better than them it was all the home fans could do to look at the pitch) bit like a few weeks ago!

Millenium was massive to be the underdogs and unfancied, then take the lead. All do go down on Pens.

In recent times - Away at Huddersfield, our following was amazing, went 1 down and played them off the park. I love watching the videos of that game on Youtube. Still makes the hairs on the back of my arms stand up. Was the day we started believing we would win the League.

[quote user="Gooders_Army"]next season as well as premier league football I want a cup run to at least the 4th round/quarters cause we usually always go out early make a change
[/quote]

You know what you want? You want the moon on a stick.

My opinion is :-Top 3Milk cup semi V Ipswich 2-0Bayern 2-0Wolves pay off 2nd leg at Wolves , I can still picture Iwan in the final couple of minutes wasting time at the corner of the pitch which was at the endthe Norwich fans were and when the final whistle was blown Iwan was on his knees and was fisting YES, also I remeber the Wolves fan crying at the end which was later shown as a picture on the EEN the next day.it was a bit scary though after the match some Wolves fans were running around looking for trouble.Watch this anyone remember this ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMTQqapwTI&feature=related 

Was at the night scum game (our first ever away game in the

top flight) which was fun on and off the pitch, then onto Man City on the

Saturday for the Frannie Lee and Colin Bell show.  Special train (only a

third full so they stopped after that) heading north into the unknown.  My

first away game for the 4-2 League Cup win at their place was a good''un as well

with another city hero getting three that night.

Then at the other end of the 72/73 season Palarse at home the night Dave

Stringer scored at the end of the game to keep us in the top flight. 

Second highest Carrow Road attendance and the Barclay emptied onto the

pitch.  Remember kissing the centre circle.  One of the best ever

nights at FCR for me.  I''d also have to chuck in one or two of the John

Bond games when we played some fantastic football for a little old club like

Naaarich.  To be taking on the big boys and beating them playing open

attractive attacking football, and to accepted at last in the football hierarchy

was wonderful after years in the wilderness. 

The nights we won the League Cup Semi-Final second legs against Man Utd and the

Scum are also ones you don''t forget for the atmosphere.  Even a random

night when we beat Burnley 3-0 playing some amazing attacking football are

highlights in the fading memory.

Obviously you create more noise for those occasional games with 34,000 to

36,000 people shoulder to shoulder than you do with three quarters of the

ground sitting down politely applauding as with today’s crowds. The football

supporter has changed over time so obviously the atmosphere and what is now

acceptable changes with it.   Not a criticism just the way of the

world.