Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Council rents going up - poor binners

Looks like even the local council have become fed up wiith the paupers poncing off them and so have stuck up their rent - by a massive 743% ! It means our impoverished neighbours will now have to cough up £111,000 instead of the usual £15,000.

With season ticket prices being also put up, the squeeze is on at poorman road. Even the ever clueless Simon Clegg recognises that numbers will fall - again. "“We need to recognise that fan numbers are dropping "

Still there is one shining light of optimism for our impoverished neighbours. Council tenants elsewhere are being warned that if their income rises significantly it may mean that council property will no longer be available to them.

Falling gates, falling income and now falling season ticket sales mean there is not much chance of that happening at poorman road.

ps to those who question the relevance of this to City it should serve as a reminder of why our club has been not ran in such a way that it had to be handed over to an ''hinvestor''. That despite all their idiotic claims their grubby little club has continued it''s year on year slide. All Evans has done is put a new straw hat on the donkey as it is being taken off to the knackers yard.

Oh dear, it just gets worse

Not only are the rent dodgers now to having to pay a massive SEVEN AND A HALF TIMES more than previously - but the council backdated the new charge to 2004 !

Unsurprisingly, given their previous form, the paupers have not paid that backdated money and still owe the council more than £500,000.

So perhaps the over excited farmhands who were waving banknotes at the Barclay a few years back might care to fish out a few more banknotes and take them down to the local council offices instead.

Wouldn''t it be nice to see the paupers paying what they owe for once, instead of sponging off the rest of us ?.

RIPswich

"They could apply for Housing Benefit "

Housing binner fit, more like

cant imagine they''ll be a mad rush to renew season tickets down there either..less than 10,000 STH''s next season? God i pity them - they keep harking on about their history, but the reality is that the only thing they have to show for the last 30 years is administration!

[quote user="City1st"]Looks like even the local council have become fed up wiith the paupers poncing off them and so have stuck up their rent - by a massive 743% ! It means our impoverished neighbours will now have to cough up £111,000 instead of the usual £15,000. With season ticket prices being also put up, the squeeze is on at poorman road. Even the ever clueless Simon Clegg recognises that numbers will fall - again. "“We need to recognise that fan numbers are dropping " Still there is one shining light of optimism for our impoverished neighbours. Council tenants elsewhere are being warned that if their income rises significantly it may mean that council property will no longer be available to them. Falling gates, falling income and now falling season ticket sales mean there is not much chance of that happening at poorman road. ps to those who question the relevance of this to City it should serve as a reminder of why our club has been not ran in such a way that it had to be handed over to an ''hinvestor''. That despite all their idiotic claims their grubby little club has continued it''s year on year slide. All Evans has done is put a new straw hat on the donkey as it is being taken off to the knackers yard.[/quote]

Only thing you should concern yourself about Walphy is the result on 21st April. I could''nt give a damn about their rent or any other non footballing issue. If Bullard slams in another freekick and that effectively denies us automatic, I for one won''t gain any consolation in gloating at how much rent they may be paying! 

This really is a bit of non-story tbh, and what''s amusing is that Mr Clegg is trying to use it as an excuse for why season tickets have to go up.

Basically it''s costing them another £90k on top of what they were paying previously. Er...you''re paying Jimmy Bullard alot more than that just to bolster your position in mid-table obscurity! Why doesn''t Mr Clegg say that Bullard''s wages are why the prices are going up?!

''Marcus Evans is not accustomed to failure and he would see remaining in the Championship as failure''

Ipswich chief executive Simon Clegg.

I should have saved this for the Friday Joke Thread. [:D]

"Can i ask what this has to do with NCFC please? "

try reading the ps at the bottom

[quote user="City1st"]Looks like even the local council have become fed up wiith the paupers poncing off them and so have stuck up their rent - by a massive 743% ! It means our impoverished neighbours will now have to cough up £111,000 instead of the usual £15,000. With season ticket prices being also put up, the squeeze is on at poorman road. Even the ever clueless Simon Clegg recognises that numbers will fall - again. "“We need to recognise that fan numbers are dropping " Still there is one shining light of optimism for our impoverished neighbours. Council tenants elsewhere are being warned that if their income rises significantly it may mean that council property will no longer be available to them. Falling gates, falling income and now falling season ticket sales mean there is not much chance of that happening at poorman road. ps to those who question the relevance of this to City it should serve as a reminder of why our club has been not ran in such a way that it had to be handed over to an ''hinvestor''. That despite all their idiotic claims their grubby little club has continued it''s year on year slide. All Evans has done is put a new straw hat on the donkey as it is being taken off to the knackers yard.[/quote]

This is why we should be given 10.000 tickets for the 21/APL

whiler I doubt it''ll ever hit that level I''ve got a smeaky feeling that there will be far, far more City fans at poorman road on that Thursday night.

A binlad I speak with reckons that a lot are giving it a miss as they fear that they will get stuffed and they don''t want to be there to see it ... and hear us. There doesn''t appear to be too much demand so it is not too difficult to get tickets for this game.

My suggestion to every City fan would be get in there. Make sure your whoever is buying the tickets doesn''t have an NR postcode if online, other you can pick then up from the ground from 1st April.

As it''s obvious that as the paupers haven''t a pot to pee in (unless you count a couple of tin plated replicas) they are not being so diligent in ''flushing out'' City fans this time.

I would say to City fans that they should enjoy the visit, as if we do play them again in some cup game it could well be at Colchesters ground where the stadium will suit the size of their fanbase.

Lets hope they don''t do the same with Keane.

I should imagine the legal fees spread over this length would be very high - and given that the paupers are having to pay both that will be a fair old wedge to cough up.

The place become more and more lkie some third world banana republic as each new revelation surfaces.

It wouldn''t be at all funny if they are evicted for rent arrears. [IMG]http://our-phoenix.com/vb/images/smilies/old/roflmao.gif[/IMG]

evicted ?

poor things

they might be forced to stand around in shop doorways (with a mangy mutt laying on a blanket) selling the bin issue