Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

I heard......

A League Two striker will be joining us in the summer, has 20 goals so far this season, taking his team into the play-offs... No idea who he is, just some inside info i heard without a name!!!!

PS.

Before you all come rushing in, asking me who my source is, well he''s very reliable. Good friends with Mr. Mourinho, he told me before, if Lambert left to Burnley, then the Special one would have bought up his contract to come and work for NCFC for free, as he would love the chance to lead the Canaries to glory, and would like to live on the broads, and when he retires maybe have a little chicken farm. He also offered Kaka on loan, too see if he could pick up some for, but Lambert said we already have Hoolahan, who is better...... (All True btw.....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"] Good friends with Mr. Mourinho, he told me before, if Lambert left to Burnley, then the Special one would have bought up his contract to come and work for NCFC for free, as he would love the chance to lead the Canaries to glory, and would like to live on the broads, and when he retires maybe have a little chicken farm. He also offered Kaka on loan, too see if he could pick up some for, but Lambert said we already have Hoolahan, who is better...... (All True btw.....)[/quote]

I really worry about some of the rubbish people are posting on here nowadays and people wonder why a lot of people have left the site.

CA.

This is an internet forum, its not life and death, and if i (and everyone else) can''t post something silly, whats the point?

*Especially, when i''m in the process of writing 3000 words on how police/crime dramas examine cultural anxieties, and the consequences, considering wether or not these anxieties are resolved by the episode or series end. (Using specific examples).......

Excellent - make sure you use spell check on words like "whether" though.

Oh, and don''t be such a D ICK and stop making new threads with unfunny rubbish which just irritates people or you''ll end up being the only user of this message board in 6 months time

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Excellent - make sure you use spell check on words like "whether" though. Oh, and don''t be such a D ICK and stop making new threads with unfunny rubbish which just irritates people or you''ll end up being the only user of this message board in 6 months time[/quote]

Well said that man, now get ready for abuse and insults to you and your family!!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Excellent - make sure you use spell check on words like "whether" though.

Oh, and don''t be such a D ICK and stop making new threads with unfunny rubbish which just irritates people or you''ll end up being the only user of this message board in 6 months time[/quote]Someone really needs to get out more

[quote user="Gingerpele"]*Especially, when i''m in the process of writing 3000 words on how police/crime dramas examine cultural anxieties, and the consequences, considering wether or not these anxieties are resolved by the episode or series end. (Using specific examples).......[/quote]

Well you seem to be adept at writing useless information so it shouldn''t be too difficult - and FFS, choose a proper degree! ;)

As a long time lurker here, half of the fun in reading this board is in the daft rumours that pop up on here. I don''t know why people get their knickers in a twist over it - calm down dear, it''s just a footie forum! :)

Too right loopzilla...I don''t think its GP fault that people have left this site...those that have left are obviously too snooty!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]*Especially, when i''m in the process of writing 3000 words on how police/crime dramas examine cultural anxieties, and the consequences, considering wether or not these anxieties are resolved by the episode or series end. (Using specific examples).......[/quote]

Glad to hear my taxes are being used wisely.

Peas, it''s not the fact that GP has posted a poor attempt at humour that is the problem, more compounded it. I know it''s a footy forum, but usually one would expect varying opinions, controversy, and passion about the club. It is evident here too, it''s just you have to trawl through more and more pap in order to get to it. It is becoming extremely tedious. Everyone has their saturation point with this, and if you haven''t reached yours yet, it may be later down the line.

I wouldn''t want to leave the forum because of the PUPs threads and how important I feel that is, but it is becoming more and more difficult to remain here. I am sure no-one will shed a tear - that''s not the point, I am hardly a prolific contributor to the board (quality not quantity). Maybe it is me that is the problem because attention seeking irritants annoy me more than they should.

I honestly can''t see why people say things like   " but it is becoming more and more difficult to remain here."Its a bleeding internet forum about football, you come in, catch up on the goss and sign out.If the threads are crap you ignore, if they are good you respond !!I dont get this whole melodramatic " I can''t take any more of these spoof threads they are causing me to leave "Get a grip for crying out loud.You dont have to post about the state of play just log out and come back next week.FYI, during the international break this "spoof / crap" posting will get worse, it always does when we dont have a recent game to comment on.So cry babies, brace yourselves !

I think the majority of any popular message board is filled with rumours, rubbish, arguments, tantrums etc...As far as I can see, this one is no different and never has been.

Most threads, even credible ones, tend to decline into a willy-waving contest; or a gang-rape of some poor sod who''s upset the "locals".

A lot of the regulars do seem to have wandered off elsewhere, but I think a lot of that seemed to coincide with the forum makeover, some people just hate change...and those that are left bemoan the decline in standards. What standards?

At the end of the day, I just think there are much bigger things in life to worry about or concentrate upon than a footie forum. Everything changes. If it upsets you, move on and find something different to cling to for a while. Live and let live!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]CA. This is an internet forum, its not life and death, and if i (and everyone else) can''t post something silly, whats the point?[/quote]

No its not life or death, Its more important than that, (Bill Shankley)

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Excellent - make sure you use spell check on words like "whether" though. Oh, and don''t be such a D ICK and stop making new threads with unfunny rubbish which just irritates people or you''ll end up being the only user of this message board in 6 months time[/quote]

Well said that man, now get ready for abuse and insults to you and your family!!

[/quote]

When have i insulted your family Zema? I think you will find its you who does most of the insulting.

Why on earth are you over reacting like that, its quite frankly pathetic.

And Planet X, your TAXES ARE NOT NOT BEING WASTED ON MY DEGREE I AM BORROWING MONEY THAT I HAVE TO PAY BACK WITH INTEREST. Now if you can''t get your head around that, then please don''t post.

I tried to defend this forum yesterday, to someone who got abuse for sharing some information, not even a rumour, by saying people are like this all the time, but this is just pathetic. Muddy, i thought you were a decent poster, but obviously not if you have gotten so upset about this. I see regulars/older/original people from this forum, like Nutty, Bly, Tilly etc having their own little OT posts and arguments, and nothing thats relevant to anything posts quite often, but know one cares, yet i try to post something to lighten the mood, because we are constantly getting various strikers names thrown at us, and i get this. And Zema, Just get a life, and stop stalking me on here, i''m sure you''ve never said anything nasty about me have you? And you''ve only ever posted about 6 things relevant to NCFC, and 5 of them were abusing the fans.

Just read the last line of your second post again Muddy.

And its nothing to do with attention. Do you really think i want attention on an internet forum? About four people on here know who i am. But i''m getting fed up of posting my serious opinions (especially last night, with Chris Martin) because i just get ridiculous responses back, what is frustrating is putting time and effort into constructing your argument, and then you get a one line reply pretty much saying ''no he''s not

And the constant rumours, and the 1000s of posts in the last 6 weeks, saying we need a striker on loan or we won''t get promotion. If you have noticed, a month ago, it was we need a striker or we won''t make the play-offs, now its we need a striker or we won''t make second. Most of these people have failed to realise while they have been saying this, we have actually been making progress.

If i''ve really offended you, then please just ignore me. But i''m getting fed up, of my serious posts getting ignored, or getting ''useless'' replies. And then i wasn''t expecting to come on here and get a reply like that. I said i''m not looking for attention, and i''m not, but that doesn''t mean i don''t pay attention, and all the negative and sometimes needlessly personal (not yours) responses are really frustrating, to be honest i don''t know why i post on here any more. When ever i post something sarcastic, or not serious i get someone like Zema trying to start an argument, and when i post my serious opinions, it either gets ignored (i know your not going to get replies to every post....) or i still get insulted.

GP - that proves the point I was trying to make. Real points of view don''t seem to illicit much response any more. You are fed up with the banal nature and so you decided to add to the mix. It wouldn''t have been my response, but that is a direct response to what appears to be happening. I stand up to say it''s getting too much and I become a target by people saying "whats your problem, what do you expect." Well maybe I expected too much. Still, as people have pointed out - if I don''t like it I know what I can do.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Just read the last line of your second post again Muddy. And its nothing to do with attention. Do you really think i want attention on an internet forum? About four people on here know who i am. But i''m getting fed up of posting my serious opinions (especially last night, with Chris Martin) because i just get ridiculous responses back, what is frustrating is putting time and effort into constructing your argument, and then you get a one line reply pretty much saying ''no he''s not And the constant rumours, and the 1000s of posts in the last 6 weeks, saying we need a striker on loan or we won''t get promotion. If you have noticed, a month ago, it was we need a striker or we won''t make the play-offs, now its we need a striker or we won''t make second. Most of these people have failed to realise while they have been saying this, we have actually been making progress. If i''ve really offended you, then please just ignore me. But i''m getting fed up, of my serious posts getting ignored, or getting ''useless'' replies. And then i wasn''t expecting to come on here and get a reply like that. I said i''m not looking for attention, and i''m not, but that doesn''t mean i don''t pay attention, and all the negative and sometimes needlessly personal (not yours) responses are really frustrating, to be honest i don''t know why i post on here any more. When ever i post something sarcastic, or not serious i get someone like Zema trying to start an argument, and when i post my serious opinions, it either gets ignored (i know your not going to get replies to every post....) or i still get insulted.[/quote]

AAhhh bless your little cotton socks

Muddy, like i said your a good poster, and maybe it will just take posters like you trying to post more, and getting more sensibility on this forum.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Aren''t you busy at work zema? Paying your taxes so i can waste my time doing a pointless degree?[/quote]

Thats it, your getting there now, bit of banter.. because your just a little boy, who can not take to banter, probably because you have had a silver spoon stuck in your mouth, you dont know whats it like to be in a mans world.. so when you leave school and find a factory job, you will find this big wide world rather depressing... so rather than waste time on a computer, use my tax money more beneficial and do some home work.

So Zema, your idea of banter, is dishing it out then getting all upset if i say something to you..

And anyway, i have no proof your not a little child, you obviously don''t have a job because your a bit of a w*nker really, and can''t see how/why anyone would employ you....

And for your information, i''m not at school, i''m at University, its quite different.

And where are these factories? You know there aren''t that many factories in the UK..... Go find me a job in a factory and i would happily take it. In fact i would rather get a job now, at the very least a part-time job... Not that you give a a damn, and will just ignore anything i say, to fulfil your own ignorant and self important ego.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I honestly can''t see why people say things like   " but it is becoming more and more difficult to remain here."

Its a bleeding internet forum about football, you come in, catch up on the goss and sign out.
If the threads are crap you ignore, if they are good you respond !!

I dont get this whole melodramatic " I can''t take any more of these spoof threads they are causing me to leave "
Get a grip for crying out loud.
You dont have to post about the state of play just log out and come back next week.

FYI, during the international break this "spoof / crap" posting will get worse, it always does when we dont have a recent game to comment on.
So cry babies, brace yourselves !
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!