Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Sod CMS and CP.... Fraser Forster is one of us !

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/fraser_forster_s_soft_spot_for_norwich_city_1_838245Whats your take guys ? And the ultimate ( and very difficult question )  Forster or Ruddy ??Forster certainly is a cult hero for us after his year here but I can''t help but feel that Ruddy has also really became quite an icon for us.When many prem clubs ( with the exception of Man Utd ) scream for a cult Keeper we have always had one in my life time,Gunn, Judas Marshall, Green, The Other Marshall, Forster, Ruddy and even Rudd brings a lot of excitement.Do you think Forster is looking for a permanent move back here close season ?Who would you put in goal ? Forster or Big John ??Its almost to difficult to call... for me going on form, I think I would choose Ruddy !

Sorry but this is a TOTAL joke. John Ruddy is our number one and proved he is more than capable in the championship. Bringing up FF is just harsh on our number 1. It''s not like he is bumbling round the box like Flapianski and we are in need of a new keeper.

o.OHow is it harsh ? Forster was a hero for his performance last year following Theoclitorus and Alnwick....and if you had not been so fast to judge I actually said, my preference for keeper is Ruddy...How is that harsh ?? lol

[quote user="NRGUK"]Sorry but this is a TOTAL joke. John Ruddy is our number one and proved he is more than capable in the championship. Bringing up FF is just harsh on our number 1. It''s not like he is bumbling round the box like Flapianski and we are in need of a new keeper. [/quote]I agree with that, Ruddy loves it here and we love him being here.

Both bring something different, Forster is the better shot stopper (and his sve in the scotish cup final was imense), however his kicking was dire and his command in the box wasn''t the best.

Ruddy is more commanding in the box and has a much better kick and distribution, but isn''t as good one-on-one as Forster is (a lot go under his body).

So close call, but Ruddy is here and ours and Forster never was ours so back the person with the jersey

I see no reson to swap Ruddy for Forster.

Ruddys doing it at Championship Level, Forster did it at League One Level and know doing a job in Scotland, but we all know how poor Scotland is!

Both very good keepers, also if I were Newcastle I''d be worried as he doesn''t sound like he wants to go back. It was always a mistake loaning a keeper as good as that to Celtic and expecting him to want to come back to sit on the bench at Newcastle. He''s better than what they currently have.

Surprised he hasn''t had a call up to England squad this season.

Can''t believe we turned down a chance to have Forster here simply because they would only let him join towards the end of pre-season. However, Ruddy has improved massively and become a good keeper for us, but if I was to pick it would be Forster every time. I don''t see him joining us though, unless we were to offer first team football, I can''t see Ruddy or Forster being happy to sit on the bench and it might upset the balance of the team.

I know it''s comparing League One with the Championship - and different defenders etc, but here''s a comparison for % of clean sheets achieved:

Forster 41% (all games last season)

Ruddy 24% (all games so far this season)

Source: Statto.com

Ruddy has come on great lately so it''s not great timing for Fraser Forster''s remarks. Perhaps Fraser can sense a bit of glory about to happen down here and he''s angling for a potential piece of Premiership cake?

This has to be one of the best lines in any article...

"Forster’s disappointment at not returning [to Norwich] has been compensated for by playing for Celtic, who are still on course for a Scottish league and cup double"

Well, I suppose it is a close second choice! 

Why we want to sign another young striker?

I thought in the summer, signing Ruddy, was a bit of an insult to Rudd and Steer. Who although not ready for first team football, now have the task of somehow proving they are better than Ruddy, because he''s only a few years older, so potentially could be number one for 10 years or so.

And like already mentioned, in fact you pretty much said it. Ruddy has been good, at a higher level than Froster.

"Why we want to sign another young striker?"I think you''ve got over-excited with all the speculation GP. [;)]

Yeah. Ops :D

Maybe he is the solution to the striker problem? I''m sure Ruddy could play up front, and Forster can cover in goal....

[quote user="paulo79"]Both bring something different, Forster is the better shot stopper

[/quote]

Ruddy has saved and won us so many points this season with his shot stopping. Some of his saves are simply outstanding.

Forster was the better keeper for one on ones, but Ruddy has made some outrageous saves.

Yes Forster was great for us last season, but he was a loan. I''m chuffed for Ruddy as he has really kicked on, and seems like a genuine bloke.

So for me, it''s Ruddy every time.

(Unless something happens and we need an emergency GK)

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Ruddy is doing fine, and Rudd is good backup. We don''t need/want to spend any of our transfer budget on a keeper, so as much as we all love Forster, we shouldn''t be looking to sign him right now.[/quote]Or ever, he and his parent club had their chance. I am sure he will become a great keeper, but it won''t be with Norwich anymore!

[quote user="NRGUK"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Ruddy is doing fine, and Rudd is good backup. We don''t need/want to spend any of our transfer budget on a keeper, so as much as we all love Forster, we shouldn''t be looking to sign him right now.[/quote]Or ever, he and his parent club had their chance. I am sure he will become a great keeper, but it won''t be with Norwich anymore![/quote]I don''t think you can definitively say ''or ever'', as football, and the turnover of players, changes so quickly. Who is to say that he won''t be available in a couple of years, at a time when we need a keeper?

[quote user="Ncfc"]Thought i read somewhere the other day about him being desperate to make his Celtic switch permanent .
[/quote]

In reality any good young player who is moved around from pillar to post should want to make any switch permanent to as high placed a club as possible.

Good players are being used by clubs with little or no security being offered.

Forster''s remarks just highlight the ridiculous loan system that is in place in this country.

One of the runners up in the Championship player of the year was Scott Sinclair who was a Chelsea player. He went out on loan to Plymouth, QPR, Charlton, Crystal Palace, Birmingham and Wigan before joining Swansea. And he''s still 21 (just). Is it the stability of a permanent club that plays him which has allowed him to blossom this season?

How many more young English players have their development hampered by belonging to clubs with massive squads that rarely play them before shipping them out to make a profit on them?