Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

The sad people of the pinkun.........

Is it me or have the people on this site gone downhill a bit of late. With Kitson, Vokes, Patterson Bennett(again) and may others be linked with us. It always seems like it''s the same old story.Don''t shoot the messenger bla bla bla.Nothing ever comes of it. Do people just sit there and think. Ill make it up so its more interesting. It just gets peoples hopes up!!Or am I just being an old fart and not being in the spirit of the forum.?

The problem is, there is really know way of telling how much of what the say is the truth.

The thing about someone knowing Halfords cousin, and he/his club rejected a move, how do we know thats not true?

And how do we know that other person hasn''t heard that were still trying to sign Bennett.

But your first comment. This isn''t the first time rumours have started, there are rumours like this on most football forums, in fact there is a somehow popular website for people to submit their information to, and although most people know its rubbish, it doesn''t stop people reading it, and wondering if any of it is true....

People love creating rumours, mentioning players etc because it gets them some attention. Something lacking in their lives makes them spread false rumours. Perhaps they need to fill time.

Most of the stuff you read on here (and other clubs forums) with regards to signings is utter b ollocks.

''People love creating rumours, mentioning players etc because it gets them some attention. Something lacking in their lives makes them spread false rumours. Perhaps they need to fill time. ''

I see this kind of comment quite often, but really don''t understand it. Why would anyone really be bothered about getting attention from people they don''t know, and are probably never going to know?

Am I right in saying there was one poster who did have some genuine source in the summer who predicted a few of the summer signings before it anyone else knew anything of it?

Have a bit of pride in what is a very good forum. Those who complain are part of this forum too. It''s very unlikely that any rumours posted have much substance. I don''t remember any rumours when we signed Wilbraham. We know the club had/has interest in CMS but Barry Fry is probably as guilty as any poster in spreading rumours about him. It''s natural there will be rumours because of the lack of facts available.

I really don''t have a problem with people creating threads linking us to players. I find them quite intresting tbh. And I agree with Gingerpele, I doubt that people create threads like that to get attention but are just telling us a rumour that they''ve heard. I really don''t understand why people make such an issue out of it.

Maybe its just be then, but somewhere down the line someone telling porkies. Or the one may id rather believe is that Paul Lambert is doing everything in his power to strengthen the squad and he as maybe inquired after theses players.

Maybe its just me then, but somewhere down the line someone telling

porkies. Or the one id rather believe is that Paul Lambert is doing

everything in his power to strengthen the squad and he has maybe

inquired after theses players.

Rumours are just rumours. They can be fun to read about but should be taken with a pinch of salt. I don''t have a problem with people posting transfer rumours on here, it makes the forum more fun. Just don''t get your hopes up when reading them. Simples!

I think some people do post genuine rumours they hear from someone/somewhere. I also believe that some people post player names plucked from nowhere just to get a reaction, or a bit of attention.

It is a sad thing to do which is why some of you don''t believe it happens, but I think it does.

Unfortunately there are a few who scan through the idiot end of the media and then bleat out whatever has been published.

As if half way through negotiations with another club McNally thinks -

"hang about, what are we doing ? We must ring the Daily Star and let them know what we are doing before we go any further"

As long as there idiots willing to swallow the guff those worthless sources will carry on churning out the guff - and the simple minded will carry on posting it up on here on the basis that they will be seen as some kind of hero.

And before you shout, one of my offsping went out with a girl whose sister worked for an agent and regularly supplied The Sun with some of it''s football .exclusives''. Most of the time she didn''t even have to bother checking with the player first. It would be a case of getting 300 words together with suitable ''quotes'' and faxing (as was then) it over.

I also suggest that you look at how misinformed much of the football media has become. Wrong names, scorers, even photos. These are no longer exceptions but pretty nuch routine behaviours. They do not have some secret source of information - all too often they simple trawl each others websites and post up what one of them has had found elsewhere on some football forum.

Still. while there''s enough mugs to make money from can you blame them ?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''People love creating rumours, mentioning players etc because it gets them some attention. Something lacking in their lives makes them spread false rumours. Perhaps they need to fill time. '' I see this kind of comment quite often, but really don''t understand it. Why would anyone really be bothered about getting attention from people they don''t know, and are probably never going to know?[/quote]

Got me stumped as well, perhaps they are sad little gits with no friends....

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2452797/ShowPost.aspx

The rumours are pathetic but people like gingerpele and CDMullins are worse. All they do is pointless post and attention seek. Mister Chops can also be added to that list. Need to get our their house for once.

Lincoln, what have you just done? Find me 5 examples of you posting something that isn''t pointless.

I do not care if you read my posts of not, i don''t want attention on an INTERNET FORUM you don''t know who i am, where i live, why would it bother me? The only thing that does bother me is people like you and Zema, who get on your high horse, and think you can dish out the abuse. At least Raymond has actually made decent posts on here before. If you actually read more than a couple of my posts you will see everything i post isn''t pointless, unlike 95% of your posts, at least.(seems strange you only react to sarcastic/non NCFC related posts isn''t it? suppose you''ve missed all the others i''ve made.)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lincoln, what have you just done? Find me 5 examples of you posting something that isn''t pointless.

I do not care if you read my posts of not, i don''t want attention on an INTERNET FORUM you don''t know who i am, where i live, why would it bother me? The only thing that does bother me is people like you and Zema, who get on your high horse, and think you can dish out the abuse. At least Raymond has actually made decent posts on here before. If you actually read more than a couple of my posts you will see everything i post isn''t pointless, unlike 95% of your posts, at least.(seems strange you only react to sarcastic/non NCFC related posts isn''t it? suppose you''ve missed all the others i''ve made.)[/quote]Didn''t want your life story...You spam all over every single topic, you''re annoying. Rather read 50 threads off banana (who contributes more to discussion then you), and people actually moan about him. You''re an idiot. Whatever you put next I''m not going to give you a reply too, as you''re not really worth it. This thread was titled ''Re: The sad people of the pinkun.........'' and I''m entitled to give my opinion to that. Cheerio.

i think reading between the lines with most of the rumours is the best way to go. soon easy to spot a fibber.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lincoln, what have you just done? Find me 5 examples of you posting something that isn''t pointless. I do not care if you read my posts of not, i don''t want attention on an INTERNET FORUM you don''t know who i am, where i live, why would it bother me? The only thing that does bother me is people like you and Zema, who get on your high horse, and think you can dish out the abuse. At least Raymond has actually made decent posts on here before. If you actually read more than a couple of my posts you will see everything i post isn''t pointless, unlike 95% of your posts, at least.(seems strange you only react to sarcastic/non NCFC related posts isn''t it? suppose you''ve missed all the others i''ve made.)[/quote]

Really? I can''t remember any.

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lincoln, what have you just done? Find me 5 examples of you posting something that isn''t pointless. I do not care if you read my posts of not, i don''t want attention on an INTERNET FORUM you don''t know who i am, where i live, why would it bother me? The only thing that does bother me is people like you and Zema, who get on your high horse, and think you can dish out the abuse. At least Raymond has actually made decent posts on here before. If you actually read more than a couple of my posts you will see everything i post isn''t pointless, unlike 95% of your posts, at least.(seems strange you only react to sarcastic/non NCFC related posts isn''t it? suppose you''ve missed all the others i''ve made.)[/quote]

Really? I can''t remember any.

[/quote] 

Me neither Gaymond; even from before you changed your name.

OTBC

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would anyone really be bothered about getting attention from people they don''t know, and are probably never going to know?[/quote]Surely that''s why the glory hole was invented?

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]The rumours are pathetic but people like gingerpele and CDMullins are worse. All they do is pointless post and attention seek. Mister Chops can also be added to that list. Need to get our their house for once.[/quote]I''m sad that you wrote this because your opinion matters to me.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would anyone really be bothered about getting attention from people they don''t know, and are probably never going to know?[/quote]Surely that''s why the glory hole was invented?[/quote]Post of the day.