Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Clive Platt to sign on loan

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Give me f**king strength. This is promotion to the premier league we are talking about here and we are being linked with players I would have been disappointed to see us sign last season in League 1. I will obviously give them a chance if they come but the diminishing quality of the players we are being linked with is a real worry. I really, really hope that come May we don''t end up looking back at this and last week and rue not pushing the boat out that extra bit to get the man we really want!

Please, please let these links be a smokescreen for a decent striker coming in. Paterson I would be more happy with.

[/quote]Do you not listen to anything Lambert says, he has been trying to sign a striker for month now. Nobody on his wish list has shown an interest in coming, therefore he has had to look further down his list i.e. Platt and Vokes. 

Why dont they just admit they have not got the money to get a striker in and leave it at that , we are looking cheap and desperate now .

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Give me f**king strength. This is promotion to the premier league we are talking about here and we are being linked with players I would have been disappointed to see us sign last season in League 1. I will obviously give them a chance if they come but the diminishing quality of the players we are being linked with is a real worry. I really, really hope that come May we don''t end up looking back at this and last week and rue not pushing the boat out that extra bit to get the man we really want!

Please, please let these links be a smokescreen for a decent striker coming in. Paterson I would be more happy with.

[/quote]

Do you not listen to anything Lambert says, he has been trying to sign a striker for month now. Nobody on his wish list has shown an interest in coming, therefore he has had to look further down his list i.e. Platt and Vokes. 
[/quote]

I listen to what Lambert says but frankly the likes of Clive Platt should not be on his list at all unless Wilbraham is going to be out for a while and this is about cover for him.

CMS is apparently keen to come. I just hope these links are all about trying to break the deadlock in that deal!

[quote user="Ncfc"]Why dont they just admit they have not got the money to get a striker in and leave it at that , we are looking cheap and desperate now .
[/quote]

This thread reminds me of the Dion Dublin one, when news broke of his signing, the fans then were just the same as today, FOR F FFFFFF SAKE GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE, he might just be what we need, and as its already been said he played his best football under Paul Lambert, 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Why dont they just admit they have not got the money to get a striker in and leave it at that , we are looking cheap and desperate now .[/quote]

This thread reminds me of the Dion Dublin one, when news broke of his signing, the fans then were just the same as today, FOR F FFFFFF SAKE GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE, he might just be what we need, and as its already been said he played his best football under Paul Lambert, 

[/quote] Well his best football seems long gone , he has not been able to get near Coventrys first team and they are terrible , this is the guy nobody wanted us to touch when we were in league 1 . Coming on the back of the CMS farce this makes us look as if we will settle for anybody as long as they dont cost much, we are trying to reach the promised land on the cheap .

All some of you lot can do is moan. How about having a bit of faith in the judgement of the manager that won us league 1 last year, has taken us to 2nd in the championship this year and is still yet to loose back to back games.

If he''s good enough for Lambert he''s good enough for me!

I just don''t understand this one. CMS and Robbie Blake we know were definite targets. So why settle with Clive Platt, a player who is totally unlike the other two it''s not even funny. And what does it mean for Wilbrahimovic? Platt is virtually the same sort of player. Is he injured longer than we know? Or is he brought in as competition?Oh well; I remember the season we were in the Prem and WBA escaped relegation by playing Rob Hulse and Geoff Horsefield up front. Two absolute battering rams of players. Perhaps that''s what Lambert thinks will achieve us promotion.

Chris Osbourne, who works for BBC Look East, has just said on Twitter that BBC Radio Warwickshire are reporting that we made an enquiry for Platt, but are not letting him go! Looks like this one''s wide of the mark!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]One of a number of targets according to Michael Bailey on Twitter.[/quote]

Our arrows do not appear to be firing at targets so much as they are any tree in the forest.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]If this happened i am sure it would only be to the end of the season. he would give us some options particularly if Holt was injured and coming off the bench if we wanted to go route 1. People do have short memories as he was a real handful in our 7 - 1 defeat scoring twice. I agree he would not be in the calibre that we had hoped but could give us some options and is better than nothing . Of course it would be a cheap option and could be as well as another striker not instead of. Anyway Lambert knows best and we should have learned by now to totally trust in his judgement[/quote]Exactly... [Y]Like you say although he is unlikely to set the world alight, he would give us another option, he is back up should anything happen to Holt during the run in and we will not be spending a fortune on him.  This means that the remainder of the £3 million that many on here would have spent on the overpriced Mackail-Smith will hopefully be available for Lambert to add to his budget to get in a quality striker next season should we win promotion.Although this signing would not set my pulse racing, I am happy to go with Lambert and McNally''s judgement on it, as I was happy that they didn''t increase the the money offered to Peterborough when they started talking silly money.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]One of a number of targets according to Michael Bailey on Twitter.[/quote]

Our arrows do not appear to be firing at targets so much as they are any tree in the forest.

[/quote]

That''s because we keep tripping over the dead wood.

[quote user="cityangel"]If he''s good enough for Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse then he''s good enough for me [:D][/quote]How saucy CA!!! [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]If he''s good enough for Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse then he''s good enough for me [:D][/quote]How saucy CA!!! [:$][/quote]

Nurse, pass the sick bag please.

We cant even get Clive Platt at the moment i think it maybe a case of after the window closes the board will say we tried but nothing could be acheived and we stick with what we have got, but we shall see.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Bet Platt plays a blinder and scores against us for Coventry on the last day of the season[/quote]I highly doubt that, he struggles to get a start at Coventry.

Relieved he''s not coming. Would have backed him had Lambert brought him in because Lambert deserves our faith, but I was rather pleased to hear they don''t want to let him go.

Glad hes not not coming as he has hardly set the world alight at Coventry and from what I heard alot of Colchester fans were glad to see the back of him at the end of last season

Couldnt really see Coventry letting him go as they are still far from safe from relegation.

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="yellow blood"]Bet Platt plays a blinder and scores against us for Coventry on the last day of the season[/quote]

I highly doubt that, he struggles to get a start at Coventry.
[/quote]

Just sacked their Manager...Caretaker looking to make changes...

[quote user="cityangel"]Couldnt really see Coventry letting him go as they are still far from safe from relegation.[/quote]Perhaps loaning him out would have helped their cause, he''s rubbish.

Once Coventry signed Marlon King I wanted them to be relegated. At least we can be glad that we are not getting King.... [:D]