Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Clive Platt to sign on loan

Clive Platt is to sing on loan from Coventry apparently, not so sure bit like Wilbraham for me

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/03/23/clive-platt-set-to-join-norwich-city-on-loan-92746-28386391/

The Pinkun should be sued under the Trade Description Act for using the word ''striker'' in the header. Really hope this is a load of bull.

Some of you are too quick to judge! Agreed he''s not the signing we all wanted but where did he play his best football? Under lambert. Who is signing him? Lambert. Paul lambert gets the best out of players so you never know give him a chance before you start complaining!

Brilliant. Supporters slagging him off before he has even signed.

If he scores a last minute goal on the last game of the season to give us 2nd place, then what?

Have you lot learned nothing? For Heaven''s sake trust the man''s judgement. One goal against Leicester was enough for Wilby to become a hero. One goal for Platt against Swansea will do the same thing.

If this happened i am sure it would only be to the end of the season. he would give us some options particularly if Holt was injured and coming off the bench if we wanted to go route 1. People do have short memories as he was a real handful in our 7 - 1 defeat scoring twice. I agree he would not be in the calibre that we had hoped but could give us some options and is better than nothing . Of course it would be a cheap option and could be as well as another striker not instead of. Anyway Lambert knows best and we should have learned by now to totally trust in his judgement

If he''s good enough for Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse then he''s good enough for me [:D]

There has been rumblings that Wilbraham''s back injury could rule him out for the season, so this may well be a stop gap loan signing to fill this role. I think, if this happens, we can expect two strikers in as I can''t see Lambert settling for Platt when we have been looking at spending good money on CMS and Elliott Bennett.

[quote]

Brilliant. Supporters slagging him off before he has even signed.

If he scores a last minute goal on the last game of the season to give us 2nd place, then what?

[/quote]

Not possible, Can''t play against coventry if he''s on loan from them!

Oh dear....this really does not install any confidence in me.... although it will have the nay sayers screaming "SUPER CHRIS MARTIN ALL IS FORGIVEN !!"That said as ever....I will judge him when he kicks a ball in a NCFC game, not before

[quote user="sgncfc"]Have you lot learned nothing? For Heaven''s sake trust the man''s judgement. One goal against Leicester was enough for Wilby to become a hero. One goal for Platt against Swansea will do the same thing.[/quote]

Ummm The goal at Leicester was a simple shot which took a deflection before it went in, so don''t think it makes him a hero.

no no no no no no no no and no... Please no...

Surely we should be looking for a more mobile pacey striker, this could be the most underwhelming signing ever. Isn''t Eastwood more what we should be looking for?

I really hope this is just lazy journalism.

I''m going to admit that I was calling for Lambert to sign Platt in the summer as cover for Holt as he''s always caused us problems whenever we''ve faced him. However ,unless Wilbrahams injury is long term, I really cant see that he he the ''type'' of striker that we need at the moment?....unless its out intention to go ''route one'' for the remainder of the season??

This could be his agent trying to sort him out a loan spell whilst he has not been playing and Lambert has been picking up former players and getting the best out of them, that said the type of player he is he would be cover for Holt if Wilbraham is out with an injury for the rest of the season but i think someone who can put the ball in the net more often is required someone like Ebanks-blake he could play for our remaining games and then get someone who we want in the summer.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]One of a number of targets according to Michael Bailey on Twitter.[/quote]

Well, if Platt is the pick of the bunch....

Give me f**king strength. This is promotion to the premier league we are talking about here and we are being linked with players I would have been disappointed to see us sign last season in League 1. I will obviously give them a chance if they come but the diminishing quality of the players we are being linked with is a real worry. I really, really hope that come May we don''t end up looking back at this and last week and rue not pushing the boat out that extra bit to get the man we really want!

Please, please let these links be a smokescreen for a decent striker coming in. Paterson I would be more happy with.

Lambert will get the best out of him, as like other posters have said, lambert has worked/coached/managed him, and if its till the end of the season, what does it matter, look at M.Rose we got him in till the end of season, done a reasonable job at fullback, then was released... whats the worry!!

Is it wishful thinking to hope that these links are designed to put Mr B Fry on notice that we have other options and are therefore not going to be held to ransom?

When he sees we can sign up players iof this quality he''s bound to be more realistic about price!

Its all about who wants to come and play....We have clearly been in for many other strikers before (maybe as this is all rumours at the moment) these two guys.People just are not that interested to come and play here for whatever reason.We have to face the fact, we are not gonna get a big name striker in.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Give me f**king strength. This is promotion to the premier league we are talking about here and we are being linked with players I would have been disappointed to see us sign last season in League 1. I will obviously give them a chance if they come but the diminishing quality of the players we are being linked with is a real worry. I really, really hope that come May we don''t end up looking back at this and last week and rue not pushing the boat out that extra bit to get the man we really want!

Please, please let these links be a smokescreen for a decent striker coming in. Paterson I would be more happy with.

[/quote]