Sign in to follow this  

McNally tweets...

davidmcnally62 Nothing to announce yet but there is a day to go. Canaries.co.uk and Twitter will be the first with any news @norwichcityfc #ncfc #pinkun

I am sure something is in the pipeline

To be honest McNally comes across as a bit clueless

How come the fans all know who we are signing and he doesn''t ?

I was pleased he tweeted. We all knew they were trying anyway, so no big news really, but he does indicate we are close to something, as he said ''Nothing to report YET''.

We await news...

The fans don''t know who we are signing, hence the reason he doesn''t tweet about the rumours other than to brush them off. He isn''t going to tweet about the rumours like any other fan would is he.

In the old Doncaster days this would have been roundly condemned as pure spin.McNally breaks wind and half this board are saying it doesn''t smell that bad, he''s doing his best for the club...This is what it must be like to be Cluck. It feels strangely pleasurable... [:$]

[quote user="City1st"]To be honest McNally comes across as a bit clueless How come the fans all know who we are signing and he doesn''t ?[/quote]

To be honest you have no idea either. The majority of Lambert''s signings have come totally out of the blue.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]In the old Doncaster days this would have been roundly condemned as pure spin.McNally breaks wind and half this board are saying it doesn''t smell that bad, he''s doing his best for the club...[/quote]You''re judged on results. Doncaster tried to spin his way out of situations where we had no intention of spending big, which is why nobody ever trusted him. Let''s not forget that under McNally, we have moved early in transfer windows - six players in by June last summer I believe, and Barnett, Tierney and Wilbraham wrapped up early in January. Not to mention big bids for Bennett and CMS that got turned down! For f**k''s sake let''s not start turning on McNally, guys - he is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You should replace the batteries in your sarcasm detector.[/quote]A what?Ah, yes, that''s better.

I just asked McNally on twitter when the latest he would know if he''s got his man, got a reply of 4.59pm..

Somehow thought I might get that..So followed up asking if it is a case of getting the paperwork done or medicals, so will wait and see if he replies!

[quote user="Cockers"]

I just asked McNally on twitter when the latest he would know if he''s got his man, got a reply of 4.59pm..

Somehow thought I might get that..So followed up asking if it is a case of getting the paperwork done or medicals, so will wait and see if he replies!

[/quote]

wonder who the player in question might be...

[quote user="Cockers"]

[/quote]I very much doubt he will... he does it by the book. Doubt he''d give a ''scoop'' like that to a random fan on Twitter... although I''d like him to prove me wrong!

[quote user="Cockers"]

just got the reply of:

david mcnally

@ Sorry Barry, it is all of that really plus negotiating with clubs, agents, leagues etc
[/quote]Well, I don''t doubt that we have some more irons in the fire at least. Happy hunting, DM... just don''t bring us home a turkey!

Sorry Coelho, my post was directed at Raymond Getärd, quotes don''t work on the iPhone browser, surprisingly.

Plus McNally will 100% know who Lambert''s targets are.

He''s replied to someone else as well saying that they would like to bring someone in on loan. So they are still after people I guess we will have to wait and see if they are able to complete anything and like you say Coelho if they are any good!

[quote user="ryan1992"]Speaking of Twitter, did anybody else read Surmans last ''tweet''? It came Yesterday, but surely he wouldn''t say this unless he''d heard more than just a little rumour? (I''m fairly sure this is the real surman!) http://twitter.com/AndrewNCSurman [/quote]

I can assure you it is not the real Surman

[quote user="ryan1992"]Speaking of Twitter, did anybody else read Surmans last ''tweet''? It came Yesterday, but surely he wouldn''t say this unless he''d heard more than just a little rumour? (I''m fairly sure this is the real surman!) http://twitter.com/AndrewNCSurman [/quote]Fairly sure it''s the real Surman despite other players claiming it isn''t real?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ryan1992"]Speaking of Twitter, did anybody else read Surmans last ''tweet''? It came Yesterday, but surely he wouldn''t say this unless he''d heard more than just a little rumour? (I''m fairly sure this is the real surman!) http://twitter.com/AndrewNCSurman [/quote]

Fairly sure it''s the real Surman despite other players claiming it isn''t real?
[/quote]

It''s not real, the club have claimed it isn''t real, Ruddy tweeted that Surman had asked him to tell everyone that isn''t real, and he has also been sending abuse to people who claim he is a fake

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ryan1992"]Speaking of Twitter, did anybody else read Surmans last ''tweet''? It came Yesterday, but surely he wouldn''t say this unless he''d heard more than just a little rumour? (I''m fairly sure this is the real surman!) http://twitter.com/AndrewNCSurman [/quote]Fairly sure it''s the real Surman despite other players claiming it isn''t real?[/quote]

It''s not real, the club have claimed it isn''t real, Ruddy tweeted that Surman had asked him to tell everyone that isn''t real, and he has also been sending abuse to people who claim he is a fake

[/quote]Well it seems remarkably easy to purport to be someone else and not get your account closed down immediately. I think I might start a Twitter account pretending to be Colonel Gaddafi and see if I can broker a ceasefire.

[quote user="Cockers"]

Somehow thought I might get that..So followed up asking if it is a case of getting the paperwork done or medicals, so will wait and see if he replies![/quote]

I do wish people would stop bothering him so he can get on with negotiating for a new striker for us [:$]

He was just asked if there was any chance of us signing Mackail Smith. "Not on emergency loan this window" was the response. Wonder if that means we''re negotiating a deal for next season?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cockers"]

Somehow thought I might get that..So followed up asking if it is a case of getting the paperwork done or medicals, so will wait and see if he replies![/quote]

I do wish people would stop bothering him so he can get on with negotiating for a new striker for us [:$]

[/quote]I just asked him what he had for his tea

[quote user="TheGoogler"]He was just asked if there was any chance of us signing Mackail Smith. "Not on emergency loan this window" was the response. Wonder if that means we''re negotiating a deal for next season?
[/quote]

Surprised at some of the questions he actually answers, good on him. He also said that we should be hearing about the new shirt next month

really hope lambert gets a signing, he keeps getting knocked back, maybe its because the players that would come to Norwich won''t want to leave! Come on