Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Jack Lester?

Would anyone consider him on a short-term loan deal until the end of the season?

Yes, he''s 35, but he''s still very quick, and some of his goals this season (admittedly in League Two) have been outstanding.

Chesterfield would presumably be open to saving some money on wages until the end of the season, simply because promotion seems to be all but sealed for them - being 16 points clear of 4th with 8 games left to play.

Of course, there''s several things going against him - namely his age and the division he plays in - but he could be a reasonable (if unexpected) addition?

I''d certainly rather have him for a couple of months than Clive Platt anyway, purely because he''s full of confidence, and we simply need someone to finish the scores of chances we create. His experience could come in very handy during the run-in as well, particularly nurturing Jackson/Martin/etc.

Living in Chesterfield and watching them a bit I can say no, he''s not fast or fit enough to play at a higher level anymore. He is an intelligent footballer which is why he does so well in league 2, he wouldn''t be able to run off Holt or Aaron and I don''t see him contributing anything beyond what we have.

Davies is a better prospect from Chesterfield, strong, fast, fit and has a good touch/shot.

Saying that I''d have me over Platt in the team

Fair enough. Your opinion is definitely more worthy than mine, as I''m only going off odd video highlights of them this season rather than full 90 minutes!

We seem to be scraping the barrel right now. Bring your boots and you might get a game! :p

This is getting daft though, frankly people are just throwing names up like we desperately need a striker to save us from relegation.2nd in the leagueMartin and Wilbraham back for Scunny