Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Kitson to sign???

Please do not give me a hard time.

This is nothing other than a text from a Pompey mate claiming that we are signing Kitson on loan for the remainder of the season and he''s expected in Norwich tomorrow.

He has a good game up here when we played Pompey in November but by all accounts he hasn''t played that well for them this season.

Thoughts??

Id prefer Holt to Kitson and Id rather have Nugent.

Not the type of striker we need in my opinion.

So hopefully your mates on a wind up!

How desperate are Portsmouth for cash? 

They have a small squad so would be surprised to see this happen.  I wouldn''t want him either.

Nugent is better, but that is even less likely and would take crazy money to get him.

If you want to look over my history EC, you''ll see that my information in the past has been reliable.

The

Lambert saga was regrettable but the information that evening came from an ex NCFC player with connections still at the club. I can confirm that i was not the only one that was told this info and this is why bets were suspended and the press flocked to Carrow Road.

Believe me, i was very glad that i was wrong!!

As i''ve stated - no source just a text message from a Pompey fan and probably a load of old bull!!

To be fair, I was also told that Lambert had resigned. It seems an ex-player was on the wind up, or had been told some duff info.

Hope Kitson isn''t the one. No chance of Nugent, though he is a free agent in the summer. At this stage, I just don''t know. Sooner or later one of these rumours has to be right.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Better than nothing, but...[/quote]

Codswallop!

I''d rather Lambert promoted a youngster of two to the first team squad to freshen up the squad a bit than waste money on Kitson.  I think an injection of youthful enthusiasm, and fearless play could work wonders.  I am not for one minute suggesting playing a youngster from the start, but get them involved in the match day squad, a place on the bench and perhaps a 10 - 15 minute run out as a sub. Just something a bit different to freshen things up a bit.

"and the press flocked to Carrow Road"

Why, was Lambert going to turn up and announce that he had resigned ?

We already have a big man in Holt , as others have said Nugent is the type of player we need and i would rather throw £3 million at him than CMS who does not look anything special to me.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]To be fair, I was also told that Lambert had resigned. It seems an ex-player was on the wind up, or had been told some duff info. Hope Kitson isn''t the one. No chance of Nugent, though he is a free agent in the summer. At this stage, I just don''t know. Sooner or later one of these rumours has to be right.[/quote]

Bloody Dion - next he''ll be on the telly with his half-ar5ed rumours.

Cant find anything on any Portsmouth forums other than ''''canary girl'''' who has just registered and posted to ask them if they''ve heard anything [:)]

So own up who''s canary girl?

David nugent would complete our squad and score shed loads for us with holt and our midfield. If we could sign him he would almost certainly IMO get us over the finishing line. Despite being out of contract in the summer I''d still rather throw 2-3 million at him rather them CMS. I''m somebody like Qpr or Cardiff haven''t snapped him up. Quality proven championship striker.

No City 1st - If you remember Sky, Look East, Anglia TV and Archant were at Carrow Road and flocked around Lambert when he left the ground. I can still recall the question ''''have you resigned?'''' and ''''will you be at Carrow Road tomorrow Paul?'''' asked by the press whilst live on air on either Anglia News or Look East. At this time all bets regarding the Burnley manager were suspended.

As i''ve said regrettable, but i have been reliable in the past.

The vast majority seem to believe we need another striker (most of you have decided to kick Jackson), yet as soon as anyone is mentioned its "oh rather have soandso" etc. etc. , obviously you all lnow a hell of a lot more about football the Paul Lambert. Also the way you shoot the messenger too, Sideshow Tim was only saying he received a text, yet you lot descend on him like a pack of wolves.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Cant find anything on any Portsmouth forums other than ''''canary girl'''' who has just registered and posted to ask them if they''ve heard anything [:)]

[/quote]

I can clarify despite this being my former username, it is not me [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Someone''s keen, sounds like Canary Girl needs a boyfriend or current boyfriend needs a kick up the backside

Paul Lambert  has been trying to get another striker in so by your way of thinking he is kicking Jackson too .

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"] As i''ve said regrettable, but i have been reliable in the past.[/quote]

Yes you have so dont worry [:)]

Thanks supercol but im big enough to accept criticism, especially given my clanger in the past.

I''d put you tin hat on if i were you!!!