Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Mackail-Smith - what price?

Good stuff. We win most of our games with what we''ve got but with another quality striker, it should see us win a few more games here and there 4 or 5-1, I''m sure of it!

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

Lets hope its sorted quickly then , can''t cope with another 10  threads about CMS [:)]

It''s extremely rare for a player to remain if A) he has made it clear that he wants to go & B) the club have shown genuine willingness to sell.

I would be surprised if we don''t end up with him by Thursday.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Fry has said we have missed out and they would not sell him to us now for £5 million.[/quote]

Really? Bit harsh to say they wouldn''t sell for £5m when he said he''d accept £3m and would stick to his word

Yep, here''s the link

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/5_million_will_not_buy_posh_strike_ace_mackail_smith_1_2516812

[quote user="mrs miggins"]rumours that he is coming here[/quote]Who? Victor Moses or CMS??

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster.

Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

bullshite

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="mrs miggins"]rumours that he is coming here[/quote]Who? Victor Moses or CMS??[/quote]Moses

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="mrs miggins"]rumours that he is coming here[/quote]Who? Victor Moses or CMS??[/quote]

Victor Moses

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="mrs miggins"]rumours that he is coming here[/quote]Who? Victor Moses or CMS??[/quote]Moses[/quote]Cheers, is he at Wigan nowadays? Seem to remember him having loads of pace in his Palace days.

We can hope. Doubt it though, think that''s us done now and sticking with this squad. Real shame about the CMS thing, but at least that''s all the speculation over now eh

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="mrs miggins"]rumours that he is coming here[/quote]Who? Victor Moses or CMS??[/quote]Moses[/quote]Cheers, is he at Wigan nowadays? Seem to remember him having loads of pace in his Palace days.[/quote]Yup; he''s on Wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Moses

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

We can hope. Doubt it though, think that''s us done now and sticking with this squad. Real shame about the CMS thing, but at least that''s all the speculation over now eh

[/quote]

Lambert says he is still looking.

Barry Fry is probably the biggest bullcrapper in football, wouldn''t believe a word he says. From memory I don''t think the op has a record for posting crap and I''m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt but I''d guess as ever it''s a case of wait and see.

Another rumour emanating from Canary Call was Victor Moses on loan. I don''t believe that one at all.

I still think we might get CMS. However, I don''t believe the original post, just because this is the time when people come out with stuff in the hope they are correct. I don''t believe he/she has any info, but do think we will up our bid and Posh will compromise.

[quote user="87canary"]Yep, here''s the link

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/5_million_will_not_buy_posh_strike_ace_mackail_smith_1_2516812[/quote]

Barry Fry - He really is a kn0b.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

I''m guessing this is cobblers MATT but presumably it passes the time.... 

Do you think CMS is way over-priced for a League One striker?

At 27 years old, 3m is a lot of money, especially as we are close to Premirship footy...could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight.

I''d go for someone like Billy Sharp £1.1m paid by Doncaster who has consistently scored at this level (14 this year for a crummy team), Nugent at Portsmouth or Will Hoskins at Bristol Rovers...anyone who has scored 16 goals at a team in relegation has got to be good.

Surely the above would be better value for money.

Thoughts?

CMS is a very good striker and I''d love to see him here. But I gotta agree mate, £3m is alot of cash. There are lots out there and I''m sure we could get better value for money somewhere, however if we did get him for £3m I''d be a happy boy. [:)]