Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Come on WALES!

I''m really not an England hater, not normally. I''m usually a huge fan of England and Euros/World Cups. But even the most die hard England fans must admit the current crop from about Eriksson''s time onwards has been hard to support and hard to identify with. With all the Terry/Bridge and Cole nonsense the Rooney business with his MU contract etc, how can you identify with these players, they think they''re Gods who live in another world, who the rules don''t apply to.So then my mind turns to Wales V England and our Crofty. And the possibility that he might get poleaxed by John Terry or someone. The very thought of that a***hole taking out Crofts makes me blood boil! So i find myself hoping Crofty skins him and sticks one in the top corner. Forget England and their prima-donnas, come on you Dragons. Am i bad for thinking that!?

If you are English then yes you are bad. You never change your country or club, irrespective of circumstances, primadonnas or not. It almost as bad as supporting Germany or Ipsh**e in my opinion. Obviously everybody is entitled to their own though, I for one will be rooting for an England win, if that comes along with no injuries to Crofts, then it''s happy days.

Come on Wales?! Are you English? If so, you do have to wonder how English players are going to perform when their own people are rooting for the other team to win.

Hope Crofts has a quiet game and gets taken off after 20 minutes, we can''t afford to have him injured!

I hope Crofts scores an absolute belter from thirty yards which arrows onto the top corner........................in the 94th minute with Wales 4-0 down [:D]

Seriously, if you''re going to give up supporting your team because they have a few dubious characters playing you might as well give up watching football. I''m sure the City team are no angels [^o)]

I used to be a big England fan and spent a lot of time and money supporting them both at home in Euro ''96 and then in France ''98 and Portugal ''04.. nowadays I have absolutely no interest in the meaningless friendlies, only a passing interest in qualifiers (I''ll watch if im at home but wont go out of my way) and although I watch the big tournaments with interest, its more through the eyes of a football fan than an England supporter these days.. players attitudes and behaviour on and off the pitch are a big turn off for me, as is having a foreign coach who just dont ''get'' the English mentality towards international football.. Give the kids and an English manager (Rednapp?) a go and I might give a toss again..Being a proud Englishman I''d always want England to beat Wales but I wouldnt be surprised if I cheer louder for a Crofts goal than an England one come saturday!

I''m kind of with the OP I hate watching England games they are always so dull. I''d swap Norwich being promoted even if we come straight back down for England to never qualify for a world cup again in my lifetime.

But as others have said my main concern is just that crofts doesn''t get injured.

I don''t agree Shack. Not at all.Why can''t the team i support be decent folk who we can respect as people? That''s what connects us to our team. Why do you think we all fell out  with Roeder''s NCFC? Because he created a team of disinterested passers by who we couldn''t identify with. Why are we all crazy about Lambert''s NCFC? Because he has created a team of honest professionals who care about the shirt and who we can relate to a bit more. Of course they''re not angels, but they''re not total a***holes either which most of the England team clearly are. I don''t see how you can expect to support a team if you don''t have a single grain of respect for any of them because they certainly don''t for us. Of course, i''m English so i support "The England Football Team" but i have lost ALL interest in the current crop, and as others have indicated, i''m not the only one.

Being Welsh I will be wearing my Wales shirt and singing the anthem with pride! I love watching Crofts boss the midfield, he did so well against Switzerland (and the very impressive Gokhan Inler) despite Wales losing!

I know we will probably lose on Saturday but I don''t care, despite our shocking international team over the last 200 million years the whole country will be 100% behind the 11 players in Wales shirts on the pitch come saturday!

Not particularly fond of our current team or manager but I''m English and couldn''t support another international team over them. I don''t take much interest friendlies but do like to watch the qualifiers, as I''m one of those who depsite our recent poor performances in major competitions, always look forward to them and love the buzz around the country, so I want them to qualify.

International football, with the exception of the World Cup doesn''t float my boat. Hope Crofts does well, but what I wish above all, is these Internationals to be played during the week as not to get in the way of the real football.

Club or country? Club for me every time.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Club football is far more important than international football, so for that reason I wouldn''t mind seeing Crofts score the winner.And what is wrong with supporting Germany btw?[/quote]

Nothing if you are German. If you are not German personally Wacky then what is point of your comment? As I also said in my post we are all entitled to an opinion!

[quote user="a1canary"]I''m really not an England hater, not normally. I''m usually a huge fan of England and Euros/World Cups. But even the most die hard England fans must admit the current crop from about Eriksson''s time onwards has been hard to support and hard to identify with. With all the Terry/Bridge and Cole nonsense the Rooney business with his MU contract etc, how can you identify with these players, they think they''re Gods who live in another world, who the rules don''t apply to.So then my mind turns to Wales V England and our Crofty. And the possibility that he might get poleaxed by John Terry or someone. The very thought of that a***hole taking out Crofts makes me blood boil! So i find myself hoping Crofty skins him and sticks one in the top corner. Forget England and their prima-donnas, come on you Dragons. Am i bad for thinking that!?[/quote]Mate, totally bang on !Could not agree more with your opening paragraph regarding difficult to support / relate to the current crop of players, I would hardly even call it a National "TEAM"I saw the bit about Crofts playing for Wales and did think... "Go on Crofty stuff em good !! "

Thank Christ we didn''t win the World Cup with that tosser as captain.  Imagine the next 40 years of him making guest appearances. Complete and utter scumbag and I will not be taking any interest in England games until he''s gone... along with that git of a foreign manager.

LOL I know you normally get a lot of flack Cluck but I posted something similar to that the other day and got raged at !For the record I agree...''Arry for England ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL I know you normally get a lot of flack Cluck but I posted something similar to that the other day and got raged at !For the record I agree...''Arry for England ;)[/quote]Flack is my middle name Nexus.  [;)]''Arry for England and we might just have a national team to be proud of.

This isn''t a case of pride, this isn''t even a case of club vs country. It is a case of hypocrisy though.To argue all the England players don''t give a toss, don''t behave themselves etc is completely fair enough. But to then say you won''t support your national team whilst they''re in it? That is, in my mind, hugely counter productive. We are in Norfolk though, so it''s probably a minority with that view.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL I know you normally get a lot of flack Cluck but I posted something similar to that the other day and got raged at !
For the record I agree...

''Arry for England ;)
[/quote]

Flack is my middle name Nexus.  [;)]

''Arry for England and we might just have a national team to be proud of.
[/quote]

Is ''Arry the only decent Englishman out there?Pretty shocking really!

I think you should go wash your mouth out!!!! Could never want another country to beat my own

Lets be honest. All the other UK nations hate the English (fair play to them).So for that reason alone I hope we stuff them and remind em whose boss! Personally I wouldn''t care if Fred West was playing for us! And as much as i love Crofty as far as I''m concerned for 90 mins on Sat he''s the enemy.

Thats football.......

[quote user="Jem"]I think you should go wash your mouth out!!!! Could never want another country to beat my own[/quote]Not exactly ''our country'' anymore is it?

Terry, Cole, Rooney, Bent etc are all w***ers and Capello''s an idiot. So it''s very difficult to feel bothered by England games anymore.

Why bother supporting England, the players clearly don''t give a toss so why should anyone else? I was more interested in the days of Gazza, Pearce & Shearer when they actually played like a team. Beckhan was the last of that generation, all this lot care about is enriching themselves and improving their career prospects. I would support the Welsh every day of the week.

Why bother supporting England, the players clearly don''t give a toss so why should anyone else? I was more interested in the days of Gazza, Pearce & Shearer when they actually played like a team. Beckhan was the last of that generation, all this lot care about is enriching themselves and improving their career prospects. I would support the Welsh over the English every day of the week.

Exactly, dubious. If Stuart Pearce takes over it least he can bring some pride back to the shirt. No-understands what it is to play for England better than him. Capello can not have that understanding and much as i was never against having foreign coaches, it seems to me that only a Stuart Pearce type character, or Harry R, can restore our national team. Until they do, i''m really not interested.

Not surprised to be agreeing Nexus but today is a strange day indeed when Mr Cluck and myself are singing from the same hymn sheet!