Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Something doesn't seem right.

When Worthy felt his team needed a ''push'' during his promotion season in the ''strike department'' in order to ''go for it'' he went and got in Crouch, Huckerby, Svensson and McKenzie.

Our response this season has been to loan out Oli and Cody whilst bringing in Wilbraham.

Something isn''t right.

I smell signs of prudence trumping ambition.

I would just love to be proven wrong, but does anybody feel the same way?

OTBC

Bly, i hope you aren''t serious....

Do you think the club forced Lambert to say he was looking for a striker?

And Peterborough where forced to say we bid for CMS.

There has obviously been movement, Lambert just hasn''t had the right man become available.

Would you be happy if £5 million was spent on a 27 year old League One striker? Just to show the clubs ambition?

What a load of old tosh your post says the board are telling lambert he cant spend or you are saying lambert does not know what he is doing.

Mark my words if we dont go up there will be enough comments from people like you to get lambert to decide he can take this club no further. 

Lack of ambition? No, certainly not. They bid a reported £1m for Bennett in January, and a further £1.5m+ bid for CMS failed too.

Something does seem a little strange though. PL keeps saying "we won''t bring players in unless it improves what we already have" - Delfouneso and Kamara would have improved what we already had, but then again we might have tried to get them.

I think PL is searching for that perfect player to fit in with his philosophy, but I think we might have missed the boat. Just hope it isn''t the difference between promotion and staying put i.e. if Borini fires Swansea to promotion, and we sit waiting for the likes of Jackson, Wilbraham and Martin to hit some form.

I would have said what a load on nonsense - but after hearing this morning that we were officially after Clive Platt!? Can''t quite work that one out at all...

I thought Barry Fry then said he wanted £5 million. And then said they don''t want to sell him at all. £3 million is still too much really, when were pushing for the Premiership, for a striker who has only had one season in the Championship. I''m sure he''s a great player, and probably would score goals for us next season in the premiership if we had signed him, and we made the step-up, but essentially he''s too expensive for what he can offer. How much would he have been worth last summer? Or even in January.

It just seems all a bit strange at the moment with so many names flying round, more in hope than anything else.

My honest opinion is, they are stumped. I think we will go with what we''ve got. I can think of worse squads to go into the last 8 games with though i.e. any squad under the supervision of Roeder or Grant.

No if you watched the Late Kick Off show Monday they had been in touch with Peterborough and they said if Norwich come back with a bid of £3 million a deal could be done .Norwich had nothing to add to last weeks statement .

Football has moved on in this short space of time.Players would rather stay at their clubs and pick up their fat pay cheques. No prudence where I am sitting, the club has invested well in players this year and our attempts to sign Bennett and CMS bode well if we do get promoted.I still believe the Platt offer has been made as Wilbraham''s injury is long term, just what I have heard.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I thought Barry Fry then said he wanted £5 million. And then said they don''t want to sell him at all. £3 million is still too much really, when were pushing for the Premiership, for a striker who has only had one season in the Championship. I''m sure he''s a great player, and probably would score goals for us next season in the premiership if we had signed him, and we made the step-up, but essentially he''s too expensive for what he can offer. How much would he have been worth last summer? Or even in January.[/quote]I would say he is probably a £1.5 -£2 million player and they will get that in the summer , watching him the other night i doubt he would be of much use in the Prem but what we need is somebody to get us there . It could have been a win win situation for us , if he scored the goals that took us up £3 million to bag £90 was a good move , if we did not go up we have a very decent partner for Holt next season . If we did bid £1.5 with £1 million add ons we should have gone that £500,000 more , because trying to get in Clive Platt shows we are a tad desperate .

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]When Worthy felt his team needed a ''push'' during his promotion season in the ''strike department'' in order to ''go for it'' he went and got in Crouch, Huckerby, Svensson and McKenzie. Our response this season has been to loan out Oli and Cody whilst bringing in Wilbraham. Something isn''t right. I smell signs of prudence trumping ambition. I would just love to be proven wrong, but does anybody feel the same way? OTBC[/quote]

Just goes to show that Bowkett and McNally don''t have half as much ambition as Munby and Doncaster had[:S]

As for that Geoffrey Watling had more prudence than all the others put together.He didn''t loan or buy anyone for over six months the first time we ever got promoted.

Alan Black coped though.. when he had to.

[;)]

WARNING: Attention Seeker Alert

[quote user="Ncfc"]

No if you watched the Late Kick Off show Monday they had been in touch with Peterborough and they said if Norwich come back with a bid of £3 million a deal could be done .Norwich had nothing to add to last weeks statement .
[/quote]

On football rumours, yes I know, but someone claiming to work within the club has put on there we won.t be bringing anyone in this side of the summer,the way it was worded sounds like it really came from an insider,Have we got anyone in today? Personally I don''t know what to think on this, but maybe true and we arn''t that desperate to spend £millions on a third div player, Chris is likely to be back on the bench come Scunney, And remember, we got where we are with what wev''e got, not all bad . 

I don''t know about ambition but McNally put up my season ticket by 70%. The money must be going somewhere. If its not going in the team then where?

[quote user="BBFF"]I don''t know about ambition but McNally put up my season ticket by 70%. The money must be going somewhere. If its not going in the team then where?

[/quote]aaarrgghhh!! The dreaded black hole reappears! [:''(]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Bly, i hope you aren''t serious....

Do you think the club forced Lambert to say he was looking for a striker?

And Peterborough where forced to say we bid for CMS.

There has obviously been movement, Lambert just hasn''t had the right man become available.

Would you be happy if £5 million was spent on a 27 year old League One striker? Just to show the clubs ambition?[/quote]

But Bly didn''t suggest for one moment that he would be happy if our club paid £5M for CMS !! This is a bit like saying, would Bly be happy if we bombed Syria, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain as well as Libya because he didn''t say that either.

"but after hearing this morning that we were officially after Clive Platt"

What official ?

[quote user="BBFF"]I don''t know about ambition but McNally put up my season ticket by 70%. The money must be going somewhere. If its not going in the team then where?[/quote]

Trying to break even maybe?

"The money must be going somewhere"

Compensating those that sit near you, perhaps ?

[quote user="City1st"]"The money must be going somewhere"

Compensating those that sit near you, perhaps ?[/quote]Well its gone into the clubs loyalty fund.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

FFS....

[/quote]Have we actually made a bid for FFS, or is it all speculation? I think FFS would be a great addition to the squad, but we probably don''t have the ambition to sign him.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

FFS....

[/quote]
Have we actually made a bid for FFS, or is it all speculation? I think FFS would be a great addition to the squad, but we probably don''t have the ambition to sign him.
[/quote]

[Y][:D]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]When Worthy felt his team needed a ''push'' during his promotion season in the ''strike department'' in order to ''go for it'' he went and got in Crouch, Huckerby, Svensson and McKenzie. Our response this season has been to loan out Oli and Cody whilst bringing in Wilbraham. Something isn''t right. I smell signs of prudence trumping ambition. I would just love to be proven wrong, but does anybody feel the same way? OTBC[/quote]

Just goes to show that Bowkett and McNally don''t have half as much ambition as Munby and Doncaster had[:S]

As for that Geoffrey Watling had more prudence than all the others put together.He didn''t loan or buy anyone for over six months the first time we ever got promoted.

Alan Black coped though.. when he had to.

[;)]

[/quote]

Well, let''s hope Wheelie and Jacko can too ......when they have to!

OTBC

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

FFS....

[/quote]
Have we actually made a bid for FFS, or is it all speculation? I think FFS would be a great addition to the squad, but we probably don''t have the ambition to sign him.
[/quote]

We already have him. He''s made appearances in at least 50% of the threads on this forum. Doesn''t win any points but, in the limited minds of those that likes this player, they think he''s a great striker. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

FFS....

[/quote]
[/quote]

We already have him. He''s made appearances in at least 50% of the threads on this forum. Doesn''t win any points but, in the limited minds of those that likes this player, they think he''s a great striker. 

[/quote]

....those that like this player.....

FFS

OTBC