Sign in to follow this  
SeniorCanary

Winning promotion at the scum!!!!

I did the BBC predictor this morning and that was the date we gained promotion,

If ever there was a place to do it CC.........................

Already got my derby ticket as backup just in case I don''t get lucky in the ballot. Couldn''t believe they''re already on general sale.

Although I would love it to be the case, I think it is very unlikely that promotion could be guaranteed at such an early date. I believe the Ipswich game will be before all the other easter friday games (sorry, I''m too lazy to check fixture lists). Cardiff / Swansea and any other challengers will still have 4 games left after we have completed the "derby" game. That means we would have to be 13 points ahead of 3rd place to be sure of going up. That means gaining another 9 points on 3rd place in the next 4 games (from one game more than the others), between now and the completion of the ''derby'' game. I suppose, if results went well on Good Friday / Saturday, we could win promotion without actually playing, but I still think it is highly improbable to seal promotion so early. It is more likely to go down to the last couple of games.  Hope I''m wrong, of course.

For now though, nothing has been decided! A long, long way to go. Next week, with 3 fixtures in the space of only 6 days (all difficult, and 2 away), is going to be a massive challenge for the squad.

I''ll be very happy, though, for you to be right in your prediction (fingers firmly crossed.)

I would love it to happen, as it would really irritate the Scum (fans and players), especially as they are one of the sides that has caused our promotion rivals to drop points - winning at Cardiff and drawing at Leeds!