Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Not other manager I would prefer...

Looking at the managers of the clubs in the hunt for promotion, obviously I''m a Norwich fan but putting that aside, I do think we have the best manager at this football club to push on in these last ten games.

The only other manager I look at right now with anything close to what we have is Eddie Howe at Burnley, who I think will be a terrific manager, but let''s not forget, they have the money.

Billy Davies at Forest bottled it last year and I can see them doing the same this year whether it''s them dropping out of the play-off picture or failing in the early stages of play-off''s.

Dave Jones and Cardiff probably feel the most pressure out of all those chasing for promotion, because they expect it and have since they signed Bellamy.

Brendan Rogers is an ok manager and has signed some good players, but take Scott Sinclair out and I think they could falter. Some could say the same about us and Holt, but I really think we can do something this year and we certainly have the best manager in the league on our side to do that.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Looking at the managers of the clubs in the hunt for promotion, obviously I''m a Norwich fan but putting that aside, I do think we have the best manager at this football club to push on in these last ten games. The only other manager I look at right now with anything close to what we have is Eddie Howe at Burnley, who I think will be a terrific manager, but let''s not forget, they have the money. Billy Davies at Forest bottled it last year and I can see them doing the same this year whether it''s them dropping out of the play-off picture or failing in the early stages of play-off''s. Dave Jones and Cardiff probably feel the most pressure out of all those chasing for promotion, because they expect it and have since they signed Bellamy. Brendan Rogers is an ok manager and has signed some good players, but take Scott Sinclair out and I think they could falter. Some could say the same about us and Holt, but I really think we can do something this year and we certainly have the best manager in the league on our side to do that.[/quote]

Not very pc or noble but part of me hopes someone does. Especially just before we go there[:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Looking at the managers of the clubs in the hunt for promotion, obviously I''m a Norwich fan but putting that aside, I do think we have the best manager at this football club to push on in these last ten games. The only other manager I look at right now with anything close to what we have is Eddie Howe at Burnley, who I think will be a terrific manager, but let''s not forget, they have the money. Billy Davies at Forest bottled it last year and I can see them doing the same this year whether it''s them dropping out of the play-off picture or failing in the early stages of play-off''s. Dave Jones and Cardiff probably feel the most pressure out of all those chasing for promotion, because they expect it and have since they signed Bellamy. Brendan Rogers is an ok manager and has signed some good players, but take Scott Sinclair out and I think they could falter. Some could say the same about us and Holt, but I really think we can do something this year and we certainly have the best manager in the league on our side to do that.[/quote]

Not very pc or noble but part of me hopes someone does. Especially just before we go there[:$]

[/quote]

And they paid 500,000 rising for him last summer whereas we paid 600,000 rising for Jackson!

Lambert did change his chief scout after that didn''t he?

And by the way - just put your trust in RMartin and Tierney. No need for panic measures, Corporal Jones.

OTBC

Not sure that I''d want him here Babes. Lambert signs players that fit in with his plan. No denying that Sinclair can be a match winner but not as often as Hoolahan or Holt.

Sort out your pooter man.. these dog''s dinners are disgraceful[&]

Not sure that I''d want him here Babes. Lambert signs players that fit in with his plan. No denying that Sinclair can be a match winner but not as often as Hoolahan or Holt.

[/quote]

Stop changing the subject.

! was comparing the signing of Sinclair to that of Jackson, not Holt & Hoolahan.

Wiki says that Sinclair had no less than 6 loan clubs before Rogers took him on. He''s probably just mighty relieved to be a proper footballer at last - and my he''s certainly getting it on!

OTBC

So what conclusions did you come to in your comparison?

[/quote]

That the Welshmen got a steal.

Not sure what we got, but his international scoring record is as ''not good'' his Champs record. So....

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That the Welshmen got a steal.

Not sure what we got, but his international scoring record is as ''not good'' as* his Champs record. So....

OTBC[/quote]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] That the Welshmen got a steal. Not sure what we got, but his international scoring record is as ''not good'' as* his Champs record. So.... OTBC[/quote] * OTBC[/quote]

I can see what you mean Bly. Sinclair is now worth a couple million while Jackson has declined in value. Both were bought for a similiar value. But it is hard to compare the two as Sinclair is not an out and out striker. He is more of an attacking midfield player. You also need to remember that Rodgers has a lot of contacts at Chelsea where he was youth coach. So that may have effected the price as Sinclair would have been keen to have joined a club where he knew the manager.

I THINK MALKY.......would do well at Carra as our future manager and is certainly learning his craft at Watford .....If Mr Lambert departs in the summer, I would hope that the board would say ''Hi'' to Malky.....and, ''How''s things at the Hornets?''....Malky may even ask Nigel Worthington, to be our kit-man...?

Saying that, Malky has just signed a 3 year contract at Watford.....Never mind, Colin Wankel rotary engine might be looking for employment this summer  (if it all goes bosom''s up at Shepherd''s Bush)....And regardless what some may think....I''d have Colin here as manager, no problem!

But Hey! It''s all hypothetical anyway?.....Mr Lambert, is going nowhere.....yet......

[/quote]

Doesn''t sound like you know what your talking about Nigel, he has banged in 16 goals this season. Goals win matches. Any prolific goalscorer is a match winner.

I would have him here in a whistle, playing  4-5-1 with Sinclair on the left and Hoolohan in "the hole". There is no need for him to replace either of Hoolohan or Holt, right now he would be knocking Wilbraham out of the team for me. Alternatively, I would have had him as a partner to Holt up front.

Now, please do tell me how he isn''t a match winner. In fact earlier in the season he scored three winning goals in three consecutive games!

Not sure that I''d want him here Babes. Lambert signs players that fit in with his plan. No denying that Sinclair can be a match winner but not as often as Hoolahan or Holt.[/quote]

But i''d have sinclair on the bench instead of macnamee all day long. Would we play the same formation if we had sinclair or would we change given his quality?

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Doesn''t sound like you know what your talking about Nigel, he has banged in 16 goals this season. Goals win matches. Any prolific goalscorer is a match winner.

I would have him here in a whistle, playing  4-5-1 with Sinclair on the left and Hoolohan in "the hole". There is no need for him to replace either of Hoolohan or Holt, right now he would be knocking Wilbraham out of the team for me. Alternatively, I would have had him as a partner to Holt up front.

Now, please do tell me how he isn''t a match winner. In fact earlier in the season he scored three winning goals in three consecutive games!

[/quote]

[8-|]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] That the Welshmen got a steal. Not sure what we got, but his international scoring record is as ''not good'' as* his Champs record. So.... OTBC[/quote] * OTBC[/quote]

So now having seen both players what conclusions have you come to Babes?

Lambert is destined for great things, perhaps maybe International management at some point.That said ( and inevitable ? ) I have actually given the whole "what if?" senario some thought espeically after the Burnley debacle.Only other 2 people I would feel comfortable with would be Eddie Howe and Chris Hughton.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Little reason to change my view having seen both of them more than once before.

Jackson is fatally lightweight for me and is never likely to be a significant goalscorer at this level - and far too prone to being caught offside. In a 1 to 1 , give me Chris Martin evey time for me. Pity he''s having problems getting his head together.

See any resemblance between Hoolahan and Tommy Bryceland?

Now who I DO really like having seen him a couple of times now is Whitbread. No wonder Lambert was prepared to be so patient about his fitness issues; and let the Admiral go.

One love.

[ip]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Jackson is fatally lightweight for me and is never likely to be a significant goalscorer at this level - and far too prone to being caught offside. In a 1 to 1 , give me Chris Martin evey time for me. Pity he''s having problems getting his head together.

Now who I DO really like having seen him a couple of times now is Whitbread. No wonder Lambert was prepared to be so patient about his fitness issues; and let the Admiral go.

One love.

[ip]

OTBC

[/quote]

The difference for me is that Jackson is a team player where as Sinclair is an individual. Sinclair will score more goals but they will be his only real contribution to the team. You might say that''s enough but football is a team game and it really doesn''t matter who scores the goals if you win games. This was the point I was trying to make about Holt and Hoolahan which you decided wasn''t relevant. Holt and Hoolahan make lots of goals for others as well as scoring plenty themselves. Jackson had a good game in everything except finishing. Right from the first minute he linked play well and was instrumental in the move which brought about the penalty. I believe the finishing will come and I would keep him in our team in front of Sinclair who I believe is a selfish player. Or maybe you have seen something in him that I haven''t.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

One love.

[ip]

OTBC

[/quote]

The difference for me is that Jackson is a team player where as Sinclair is an individual. Sinclair will score more goals but they will be his only real contribution to the team. You might say that''s enough but football is a team game and it really doesn''t matter who scores the goals if you win games. This was the point I was trying to make about Holt and Hoolahan which you decided wasn''t relevant. Holt and Hoolahan make lots of goals for others as well as scoring plenty themselves. Jackson had a good game in everything except finishing. Right from the first minute he linked play well and was instrumental in the move which brought about the penalty. I believe the finishing will come and I would keep him in our team in front of Sinclair who I believe is a selfish player. Or maybe you have seen something in him that I haven''t.

[/quote]

Babes?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

One love.

[ip]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Babes?

[/quote]

Jackson has done great in recent matches, fair do''s. And long may his hot streak continue

Long term? I''m still to be convinced. But then it would take a brave man to doubt Lambert''s judgement.

I notice that Holt was involved in the build up of 2 of his goals today although some people are saying that he had an off day. Would you say that Holt''s recent record, physicality  and ''reputation/presence'' are now giving Jackson more space in which to operate than earler in the season?

OTBC

OTBC

Ever since Watford Holty has only been about 50% so he stays deeper and Jackson does the running for both of them. I don''t know where Jackson gets his energy reserves from but he deserves a medal. Holty''s strength and vision are his main qualities at the moment. The third goal at Portman Road sums up the pair of them for me.

Pity you never got to see another small, lightening quick Canadian.

Errol Crossan.

I expect he''ll be proud of Jackson''s recent exploits.

OTBC

Do you think there''e similarities between Crossan and Jackson then?

What are they?

[/quote]

• Canadian
  • Speed
  • Size

And although ''Cowboy'' Crossan was also a forward, he was a right winger who scored a fair few goals.

Can''t remember at this distance though whether he had much of aa left foot to speak of........!

OTBC

Oh....

OK.

I see Scott Sinclair was on the bench yesterday. A half fit Holt is still effective in the team though.

I wonder why that is.....