Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Increased capacity?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]I''m old enough to remember those days cluck but football has changed, back then you could turn up as a casual fan and virtually stand wherever you wanted, then grounds were made all seater due to the Taylor report and people have a ticket to sit in a certain seat, if families or groups of mates want to be in the same seats every game they have season tickets, that''s called common sense, not elitism or anything else, I used to stand with my Dad and some others from down my street virtually on the half way line of the South Stand, we used to arrive in Norwich at different times in different cars  and all meet inside the ground, it would be a nightmare trying to do that in an all seater stadium unless you all arrived at the same time.[/quote]Football has changed Harry... but there are still a geat many clubs where the ''casual'' supporter is still valued.Why would it be a nightmare if a sizeable section of the ground was set aside for casuals? You buy a ticket with a seat number on it... your mates get consecutive numbers...you sit there. Also only so many can get in through the turnstiles at any given point so there would hardly be chaos.I''m glad you remember those days... but in many other clubs it''s still ok to turn up and get in week after week. Maybe Manchester United and their like need to have a strict policy... but Norwich City? It''s there purely to entrap.All it has done has create a homogenised ''audience''... and this explains the awful atmosphere at most games. Take away the handfull of vocal youngsters and the bulk sit in virtual silence just incase they ''show themselves up in  public''. It''s contrived and bland.Just because this is what we have been given by the club, it doesn''t make it right.[/quote]

What was it like at the Nest?

[/quote]Full of birdshite and pretty smelly.

Not sure how ground capacity has much to do with the atmos. That is down to the fact Norwich is primarily a middle class city these days and sensibly the club has aimed itself at that market. The club has done fantastically well to maintain support. The extra 10k fans they have found who frankly sit there until we score are still better for atmosphere than empty seats. The revenue they generate also means we do not have a failing side to support.

On expansion it is interesting to note that it would cost 20m to take the ground up to the ideal capacity for the club 35k taking 9 years to pay for itself. Not exactly a sensible plan.

Not a dig at those that have them, But how many seats do private boxes hold and could we do away them and put more seats in those areas, No Please that is not meant to be the start of a war just a question   

Indeed pete. And how much leg room is there in the Direstors Box? Do you think it would be possible to squeeze them up a bit and fit in a couple more rows?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Indeed pete. And how much leg room is there in the Direstors Box? Do you think it would be possible to squeeze them up a bit and fit in a couple more rows?

[/quote]

You know perfectly well how much leg-room there is in the Directors Box.....You''ve sat in there.....haven''t you.

Is there room in front of the hotel for a corner infill?

If it wasn''t a temporary structure it would have to be quite an ingenious design to the stand structure to fit it in.

Suddenly the most desireable rooms in the hotel would become the least desireable.  Where there was once a nice view of the pitch and stadium, you now get a nice view of the back of a stand and little sunlight.

[:^)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You know perfectly well how much leg-room there is in the Directors Box.....You''ve sat in there.....haven''t you.

[/quote]

Indeed I''ve been in the Director''s Box a couple of times. Heard [8] "Delia''s Barmy Army" [8] being squeeked bt the Cathedral Mice plain as day in there..

Their is room in front of the Hotel to put a Jarold stand extension in there. Its that to do so you would only have the seats and a concourse behind it.

One must remember that the Jarold stand and Aviva community infill inbetween the Jarold and River end have got offices and corporate areas on the back of them. I think without all these extras on the back, it would be possible to just wrap around the Jarold stand seating design only, which would still be more than good enough, cause thats where the away fans would be!

I''m sure that a corner infill could be designed so that some of the hotel rooms would still have pitch side view and that they''d have enough light getting through the windows!

Anyway I''m not convinced that any capacity increase in the summer will include a corner infill cause they''d probably only use a permamant structure which would cost a fair old amount. Alan Bowkett said a year ago that the current Carrow Road stadium could be increased by 2-3000 without going outside the current stadium footprint. Does this current stadium footprint include the area in front of the Hotel?

As for replacing executive boxes with standard seats - not possible because all the boxes are behind glass and the club would take a massive drop in income by reverting them to standard prices. Anyway any respecting fan who is passionate about watching live football wouldn''t want to be behind glass watching!

I couldn''t do it and I know that a majority of people in boxes probably wouldn''t go to games but for having a freebie in a box!

The executive boxes bring in a lot of money and anyway theres still much scope in other areas to eventually get ground capacity up to over 35,000!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed I''ve been in the Director''s Box a couple of times. Heard [8] "Delia''s Barmy Army" [8] being squeeked bt the Cathedral Mice plain as day in there..

[/quote]

Yes, I noticed that they had fitted a small cage in the Director''s Box to allow ''fen gibbon Eddie'' to view a game from there. So that when you got so excited when Delia appeared, you didn''t go throwing your number two''s in an ecstatic frenzy at the other folk sat in there. They also shackled your wrists to the cage due to your ''arousel'' (and just in case you tried to ''knock one out'')....and the cage was narrow enough, to restrict you from turning around and exposing your bright red baboon''s behind - as your personal show of appreciation to your saviour.....