Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Increased capacity?

21st century, ever considered visiting it Bly?When was the last time you were at Carrow road exactly?

[quote user="morty"]21st century, ever considered visiting it Bly?

When was the last time you were at Carrow road exactly?
[/quote]

2009 and 2010.

Haven''t made it this year so far.

Do you feel you belong yet? Some immigrants never really get it or  settle.

And as for converts, deary me.

OTBC

Surprise, surprise.  The inner circle can yet again be seen sticking up for each other, in their ''we are better than you'' way.  Agreeing with each other so much so that their head has gone so far up the anal passage of their fellow member that they can see out of their fellow member''s mouths and shout for them.  Naively believing that they are right on every single point or debate ever raised on here and that by backing eachother up in their ''we will never be defeated philosophy'' really does prove that they are always correct.  

The inner circle member is the type of person that would hate to lose at anything. Never to be defeated in arguement even when they are wrong,  never to be overtaken in their cars when out driving, and the ultimate achievement of never having lost a game of TRIVIAL PURSUIT[;)]

Their theme tune of course being ''The Self Preservation Society''. 

I wonder how many of this ''mighty'' clan are Masons?[;)]

I am defending my own point, jesus, not another conspiracy theorist lol.Tell me what is wrong about this statement :-"If you can''t afford something in life, you can''t have it"I guess I must have missed the bit in the bible where it said "And verily mankind shalst have a God given right to affordable football"[:)]

Let me know when you''re visiting in 2011 Bly, we must hook up for a beer.[:)]

[quote user="priceyrice"]yeah i saw this on the bbc. Sounds like they want to repeat the project from last year of sqeezing seats in. Nice idea and the money from another 1000 seats or so would be nice, as long as doesn''t make seating more uncomfortable for the fans it''s going to effect. Is there anyone on this board who sits in the one of the areas they added more seats to before as im curious to know if it has lead to that area being really cramped or not. I struggle to see how we manage to sqeeze more seats without any building work.
[/quote]

I sat in one in the upper Barclay and they are fine.Not cramped at all.I was a bit worried that the roof would obscure a bit but no problems there either.There are a few girders in the way,so hopefully those seats are cheaper.I wouldn''t recommend them if you have dodgy eyesight though[;)]

[quote user="morty"]Let me know when you''re visiting in 2011 Bly, we must hook up for a beer.

[:)]
[/quote]

As long as they serve Budweiser in a bottle - or Red Stripe Bold.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]I am defending my own point, jesus, not another conspiracy theorist lol.Tell me what is wrong about this statement :-"If you can''t afford something in life, you can''t have it"I guess I must have missed the bit in the bible where it said "And verily mankind shalst have a God given right to affordable football"[:)][/quote]For the one or two people on here who know me... they will verify that I can ''just about'' afford a season ticket.However, there is a saying that you should never forget where you come from and I well remember not being in my ''fortunate'' position. You clearly have much to learn about morality morty.. so beware of life dumping you and yours down to where you seem to have no concern.

"Let me know when you''re visiting in 2011 Bly, we must hook up for a beer"

I think planet earth would be a start

Cluck, of course I take your point, I''m not some sort of unfeeling capilalist pig who says "Screw the poor". I am working class, and always will be, everything in life that I have I have worked for, and believe me, I have had my share of crap financial times too.

I agree that football should be affordable and accessable for everyone, but we can''t give it away for free at the detriment of the playing budget.

As soon as Sky took hold of football it changed forever, in some ways for the best, in other ways not. You simply can''t be a cuddly, cosy family club and expect to have any measure of success any more.

It may be hard to swallow for people who remember different times, but thems the facts.

I have kind of joined mid flow here, but if this is resorting to the old rant on the ticket prices again has it? I hear people rant week in week out about prices of tickets, prices of beers, prices of pies etc etc. If you can''t afford it, then I am afraid you cannot go. Whilst the football club has a duty within the community (and I do think they fulfill this quite well) it is still a business and the bottom line has to be met. The prices are set for the tickets and the food, the shirts everything and we know what they are.  The BBC puts on a fantastic commentary and costs only your license fee at the end of it and go when you can. No one is forcing you to go to each game as a fan. If you cannot afford it then I there are alternatives. It''s the same with food, if it is too expensive go to Morrisons before the match. If the shirt is too much don''t buy it, or get a scarf if you feel you must have something. I think as fans we need to accept that this is the cost of football, this is what we (and so many teams up and down the country have to pay) to watch a level of football. After all, I am sure it is these people (as many of us are guilty of too) who are the ones to moan about the quality of players when things are not going too well. Good players cost money, a successful club needs financing and you, as a fan, have the freedom of choice to support the club in whatever way you can. Be it financially or in spirit. The club, however has no obligation to the community to run at a loss in order to offer cheap seats.As for the planned expansion, I hope it does go ahead as over time it is another source of revenue for the club! 

"The BBC puts on a fantastic commentary and costs only your license fee"

Actually, listening to the radio is free

One more reason not to moan then.... You can see all the highlights hosted by Steve (The Donkey) Clarridge too! All for the cost of your license fee!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I am defending my own point, jesus, not another conspiracy theorist lol.

Tell me what is wrong about this statement :-

"If you can''t afford something in life, you can''t have it"

I guess I must have missed the bit in the bible where it said "And verily mankind shalst have a God given right to affordable football"

[/quote]

For the one or two people on here who know me... they will verify that I can ''just about'' afford a season ticket.

However, there is a saying that you should never forget where you come from and I well remember not being in my ''fortunate'' position.

You clearly have much to learn about morality morty.. so beware of life dumping you and yours down to where you seem to have no concern.
[/quote]

Not really sure if it''s one or two then Nora? With so few one would have thought you could be certain. That Alex down in Dorset seems a nice chap and he''s looking for company to watch the game tomorrow. You could have your own little community club down there.

Sorry Alex[:-*] But you were asking.....

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Well based on this, I think that if you don''t have a ground capacity of at least 26,000 you should be disqualified from entering the Premiership :-)[/quote]

How many people do you get in to the stadiums over there to watch Silly boy Rounders? and Padded rugby

[quote user="morty"]I am defending my own point, jesus, not another conspiracy theorist lol.

Tell me what is wrong about this statement :-

"If you can''t afford something in life, you can''t have it"

I guess I must have missed the bit in the bible where it said "And verily mankind shalst have a God given right to affordable football"

[/quote]

Beware the -

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/DreamingInNeon/inner-circle.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="morty"]Ha![/quote]

It''s far from funny Mortimer!  People need to know the dangers of the  -

[IMG]http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2qW6n1N5TQAOopWBQx./SIG=12l2aq6ko/EXP=1300126486/**http%3a//www.caughtinthecarousel.com/reviews/images/innerCircle.jpg[/IMG]

Well... it seems abundantly clear that either most of you don''t remember the freedom of being a ''casual'' supporter or aren''t old enough to have experienced it. Back awhile my mates and I never missed a match for over a decade... and this included friendlies. None of us felt the need to possess the now covetted season ticket then... so did that mean we were not valued fan''s?It has rather less to do with money and everything to do with mindset. Before the season ticket bubble was allowed to become so cynically inflated, many many fans just got in their cars on the day and went to the match. Sometimes there would be 2 or 3, sometimes 5 or 6.... depending on whether they could make it on the day. That is called independance.Now it is all controlled by the club... and any free thinking fans are made to either fall into line with club policy or become disenfranchised. Blackmail if you like. The club''s support has been manipulated to accept both prices and the quality of football on offer... or "you won''t get in if the team has a good season".  It stinks... and so does the la de da crowd this scam attracts.NCFC is nothing more than a self serving business with a captive customer base in 2011. Far from swelling the coffers to strengthen the squad... the matchday income simply helps maintain a personal empire... and so 25,000 plus each week only balances the cook''s books. Smith and Co. as owners don''t have to work hard anymore because they have you and your money stitched up nicely.Community football club my arse...

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Well... it seems abundantly clear that either most of you don''t remember the freedom of being a ''casual'' supporter or aren''t old enough to have experienced it. Back awhile my mates and I never missed a match for over a decade... and this included friendlies. None of us felt the need to possess the now covetted season ticket then... so did that mean we were not valued fan''s?

It has rather less to do with money and everything to do with mindset. Before the season ticket bubble was allowed to become so cynically inflated, many many fans just got in their cars on the day and went to the match. Sometimes there would be 2 or 3, sometimes 5 or 6.... depending on whether they could make it on the day. That is called independance.

Now it is all controlled by the club... and any free thinking fans are made to either fall into line with club policy or become disenfranchised. Blackmail if you like. The club''s support has been manipulated to accept both prices and the quality of football on offer... or "you won''t get in if the team has a good season".  It stinks... and so does the la de da crowd this scam attracts.

NCFC is nothing more than a self serving business with a captive customer base in 2011. Far from swelling the coffers to strengthen the squad... the matchday income simply helps maintain a personal empire... and so 25,000 plus each week only balances the cook''s books. Smith and Co. as owners don''t have to work hard anymore because they have you and your money stitched up nicely.

Community football club my arse...
[/quote]

Well said, PC.

I''m old enough to remember those days cluck but football has changed, back then you could turn up as a casual fan and virtually stand wherever you wanted, then grounds were made all seater due to the Taylor report and people have a ticket to sit in a certain seat, if families or groups of mates want to be in the same seats every game they have season tickets, that''s called common sense, not elitism or anything else, I used to stand with my Dad and some others from down my street virtually on the half way line of the South Stand, we used to arrive in Norwich at different times in different cars  and all meet inside the ground, it would be a nightmare trying to do that in an all seater stadium unless you all arrived at the same time.

Now come on Harry, we''ll have none of that on here thank you very much! It''s nothing to do with a wider issue. It''s all to do with the wicked cook and her cohorts who has filled the ground with celebrity obsessed luvvies, like you and I, who can''t wait to renew our season tickets for fear that someone else should inherit our seat in the house of Delia''s throne.

It''s strange that Nora actually claimed to have a "bank of season tickets" which she "threw in" when the club started to slide towards the Third Division. This new community conscience she now shows obviously wasn''t there when we were last in the Premier League[^o)]

[quote user="Harry"]I''m old enough to remember those days cluck but football has changed, back then you could turn up as a casual fan and virtually stand wherever you wanted, then grounds were made all seater due to the Taylor report and people have a ticket to sit in a certain seat, if families or groups of mates want to be in the same seats every game they have season tickets, that''s called common sense, not elitism or anything else, I used to stand with my Dad and some others from down my street virtually on the half way line of the South Stand, we used to arrive in Norwich at different times in different cars  and all meet inside the ground, it would be a nightmare trying to do that in an all seater stadium unless you all arrived at the same time.[/quote]Football has changed Harry... but there are still a geat many clubs where the ''casual'' supporter is still valued.Why would it be a nightmare if a sizeable section of the ground was set aside for casuals? You buy a ticket with a seat number on it... your mates get consecutive numbers...you sit there. Also only so many can get in through the turnstiles at any given point so there would hardly be chaos.I''m glad you remember those days... but in many other clubs it''s still ok to turn up and get in week after week. Maybe Manchester United and their like need to have a strict policy... but Norwich City? It''s there purely to entrap.All it has done has create a homogenised ''audience''... and this explains the awful atmosphere at most games. Take away the handfull of vocal youngsters and the bulk sit in virtual silence just incase they ''show themselves up in  public''. It''s contrived and bland.Just because this is what we have been given by the club, it doesn''t make it right.

You''ve obviously never been in the snakepit then cluck, there are people of all ages who get behind the team vocally.

Cluckberts going round and round again, regertating the same old slightly off the mark opinions!

Many of us remember the days Clucks going on about but also remember that for most of the time from the mid 70''s to the early 00''s an 18,000 ATT was a bumper crowd. Our highest ever finish up the English football pyrimid, 3rd in the 1992/1993 saw us average 16,000!

The combination of the all seater Carrow road, our crowds are 10,000 are higher than they used to be, the club rightfully preferring fans who commit to a season ticket rather than casuals who may go every now and again and paying at the gate regularly works out so much more expensive than a season ticket means that Clucks Eutopia is gone.

But hey look at tonights game and their are plenty of available seats so if you and a load of casuals want to take over the block next to the away supporters you can!

I''ve heard from a good source that there will be an extra 1000 seats installed at Carrow Road this summer, including 800 in front of the hotel and 100 in the Barclay.

Yes Mcnally said in a recent BBC interview that he was looking to put about 1000 extra seats into the ground!

I did think that the only stand that didn''t have new rows put in at the front of it last summer was the Barclay so that was an obvious one but putting seats in front of the hotel is interesting!

I''d presume that these 800 seats would be an extension of the Jarold stand and that away fans would go in this new section allowing for more of the Jarold stand becoming available for home fans?

Or would the new seats in front of the hotel be linked to the Barclay lower tier?

Great to see such ambitious progression from Mcnally yet again!

Not sure what stand the 800 seats would be linked to, it may of course be a temporary structure, such as what Wolves have in one corner of their ground.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]I''m old enough to remember those days cluck but football has changed, back then you could turn up as a casual fan and virtually stand wherever you wanted, then grounds were made all seater due to the Taylor report and people have a ticket to sit in a certain seat, if families or groups of mates want to be in the same seats every game they have season tickets, that''s called common sense, not elitism or anything else, I used to stand with my Dad and some others from down my street virtually on the half way line of the South Stand, we used to arrive in Norwich at different times in different cars  and all meet inside the ground, it would be a nightmare trying to do that in an all seater stadium unless you all arrived at the same time.
[/quote]

Football has changed Harry... but there are still a geat many clubs where the ''casual'' supporter is still valued.

Why would it be a nightmare if a sizeable section of the ground was set aside for casuals? You buy a ticket with a seat number on it... your mates get consecutive numbers...you sit there. Also only so many can get in through the turnstiles at any given point so there would hardly be chaos.

I''m glad you remember those days... but in many other clubs it''s still ok to turn up and get in week after week. Maybe Manchester United and their like need to have a strict policy... but Norwich City? It''s there purely to entrap.

All it has done has create a homogenised ''audience''... and this explains the awful atmosphere at most games. Take away the handfull of vocal youngsters and the bulk sit in virtual silence just incase they ''show themselves up in  public''. It''s contrived and bland.

Just because this is what we have been given by the club, it doesn''t make it right.
[/quote]

What was it like at the Nest?