Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Palace Pull-Away Potential

If I were Ian Dowie here''s what I would be telling my players at this very moment: "The opportunity is there for us to play out of our socks for the next three games and, if we win them, it could be the knockout punch for the three teams below us".

Of course, all four teams are languishing at the bottom of the pile BUT, looking at the schedule for the next three games for all four teams and, given that Palace appears to have a potential scoring edge, the opportunity does seem to set up better for them to pull at least two wins out of the bag. Should it happen and, if Norwich fails to keep pace, we could find ourselves at least five points adrift with a significant goal difference deficit. The ability to score six points or more than Palace ( never mind what''s happening to the other two teams ) in what would be the remaining twelve games would be a huge mental hurdle for the Norwich players. Particularly given that the block of four games against Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Bolton( a) will be close behind and not expected to yield anything.

Nigel, I hope you have thought this critical part of the schedule through and will take a positive pill or two during coming days. We need to be 100% mentally prepared in every respect and go for it. If we go for it from start to finish and lose, so be it. Anything less from you and the players will, I fear, result in the worst.  

Fair point YC. 

Palace- Spurs (h), West Brom (a) and Bolton (h) = possible 6 points

West Brom- Man City (h), Palace (h) and Norwich (a) = possible 9!

Saints- Liverpool (h), Birmingham (a) and Everton (h) = possible 1/2

Us- Boro (h), Everton (a) and West Brom (h) = possible 3

Of course in the Palace v West Brom game one of them will drop points.  At least Saints have a tough few games

I''ve said for some time that waiting until our run-in of winnable fixtures is all very well but we have to stay in touch.

West Brom see Feb as a do or die month (they play all of the other 3 and Man City at home), Southampton have a tough run ahead (Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Middlesboro and Chelsea along with the Baggies and B''Ham make up Feb/March).

Palace have Spurs Bolton Arsenal Birmingham Man U and Chelsea along with their Baggies fixture so the run you talk of NYC will be hard for them.

I think it would be folly to write off the baggies - on paper they have the best chance of achieving what you suggest over the next 4-6 weeks, followed by us then Palace and Saints.

Rest assured Feb will be key though.

[quote]If I were Ian Dowie here''s what I would be telling my players at this very moment: "The opportunity is there for us to play out of our socks for the next three games and, if we win them, it could be t...[/quote]

As usual Yankee, you''re all if''s, if''s and yet more if''s.

Well IF City win their next 3 games, then your quaint little theory is well up the creek.

Come on Deano, stuff Yankee''s if''s, where the sun don''t shine!.

Those who live by the if, shall die by the if.   

i think i know who tested positive for taking drugs now...

As usual Wizard, my IF''s turn out to be more reflective of actual outcomes then your IF''s ever do. Come to think of it, you''re having a poor season with respect to predictions. Maybe you''re a Championship man??? 

Errr...excuse me Wizard, I think I just scored an own goal. I posted my previous note when we were 4-1 down. Do you recall your recent "blinder". Well, now I know exactly how you felt.