Sign in to follow this  
dave538football

Central Defenders

Its a while since I last posted so let me say how much I''m enjoying Carrow Road at present, and thank Paul Lambert and David McNally for taking the club from the four years of misery under the likes of Roeder, to the promise and optimism of the present day club. Overall we have a very strong team and they are a pleasure to watch, always giving a 100% effort and playing for the club and fans. My only concern with Barnett being injured is the form of Elliot Ward who is so inconsistent, and it appears from this forum that an increasing number are coming to the conclusion that he is a weak link in an otherwise solid team. Zak Whitbread doesn''t inspire 100% confidence but has put in some solid performances of late, and if he can avoid injury should do well for us. I understand the generosity in Lambert letting Nelson go, but would prefer his solidity in central defence to the erratic performances of Ward. I appreciate we have to trust Lambert to bring in a worthy replacement for Barnett, and I''m sure he will do so next week. In the mean time lets hope for a point (or even three) at Elland Road today, and an exciting finish to the season. OTBC!!