Sign in to follow this  
Weve (no longer) Got Angus

Strikers...

Probably sick of this subject but.....

With the news Chris Martin is injured for "weeks", do we need a replacement either a temporary loan or even a loan with a view to a permanent move..

But what sort of player would fit the bill??

With Lambert''s scottish knowledge John Sutton (motherwell- i think).

Nathan Delefounso (aston villa)(sorry about spelling) finds it hard to get much in the way of first team football.

Will Hoskins (bristol rovers) has played champioship football for Watford in the past, and is the top scorer in league 1 currently.

Any other suggestions??

If we were to get someone it would be someone who doesn''t currently play for their current team nor are anywhere near the starting eleven.

Dont see the point of looking in league1 may as well just recall Oli Jonson . Sheff Utd look nailed on to go down lets make them an offer for Ched they cannot refuse .Do we want this or not ? Wilbraham and Jackson just wont weigh in with the goals to take us up .

patterson struggles to get a game for Barnsley for some reason and Sharpe is playing in a poor Doncaster side now both would do us a job. I would love EVANS back but think it unlikely given the Blades league position and they would want much ogf the £3m they paid for him and hes not worth that much

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Dont see the point of looking in league1 may as well just recall Oli Jonson . Sheff Utd look nailed on to go down lets make them an offer for Ched they cannot refuse .Do we want this or not ? Wilbraham and Jackson just wont weigh in with the goals to take us up .[/quote]I would be chuffed to see Ched come back! He was always loved by the fans here! Not sure about the whole recalling Oli point, as Hoskins is a proven goalscorer at that level, was Oli? ( i genuinely dont know?). But I don''t see Lambert wasting money here!

I don''t see the obsession with Evans TBH. Yes he did well when he was here, but he''s hardly been prolific since then. We definately need atleast 1 striker though, plus a Centre half

[quote user="ryan1992"]I don''t see the obsession with Evans TBH. Yes he did well when he was here, but he''s hardly been prolific since then. We definately need atleast 1 striker though, plus a Centre half[/quote]Fair point on Evans, but who WOULD you take if you were Lambert..?

I do now feel Lambert is forced to go and get some one now seeing as we only have Holt, Wilbraham and Jackson.

Here is a list of potential players...

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Conor Sammon (Wigan) - signed from kilmarnock recently and not playing. Was close to joining Derby i recall

Zavon Hines (West Ham) - could also be utilised on the wing as i do believe he is very fast.

Brett Ormerod (Blackpool)

Simon Cox (West Brom)

Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)

Freddie Sears (West Ham)

Robbie Blake (Bolton)

Matt Derbyshire (Birmingham)

Nathan Delfouneso (Villa)

Marlon Harewood (Blackpool) - linke with loan move recently

John Fleck (Rangers)

Any of these would IMO

[quote user="Somerset Canary"]I do now feel Lambert is forced to go and get some one now seeing as we only have Holt, Wilbraham and Jackson.

Here is a list of potential players...

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Conor Sammon (Wigan) - signed from kilmarnock recently and not playing. Was close to joining Derby i recall

Zavon Hines (West Ham) - could also be utilised on the wing as i do believe he is very fast.

Brett Ormerod (Blackpool)

Simon Cox (West Brom)

Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)

Freddie Sears (West Ham)

Robbie Blake (Bolton)

Matt Derbyshire (Birmingham)

Nathan Delfouneso (Villa)

Marlon Harewood (Blackpool) - linke with loan move recently

John Fleck (Rangers)

Any of these would IMO[/quote]I was actually just thinking about Marlon Harewood, as i don''t seem to remember hearing much about him at blackppol since the very beginning of the season! And he IMHO is a fntastic championship striker who is strong, quick and generally guarentees goals. But any of the list i would be happy to see!!