Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

1 point gained, or 2 dropped?

A balance view.1 point gained given that the fact we would had taken a point at the start along with the fact that they were all over us in the first half and again after they scored their 2nd. Though if we were able to ''Shut up Shop'' after we scored our 2nd goal you could say 2 points lost. However we all know that will never happen given that Lambert goes out to win all games which is why we have picked up so many points in the dying minutes. Long may the attacking football until the final whistle continue.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Banana, it''s a great point that''s all. We had a bad game, very bad game and got a point. Job done.[/quote]

Bad game? Disagree. Point well won. against a good team in an hostile environment (33, 000 crowd today) and shitty playing conditions which never suit our football.

Quote Leeds supporter, "Norwich might have only had 30% of the game, but when they had it they were brilliant."

Good enough result for me, and Leeds seem more or less  happy tooo.

[/quote]

Just to add to you, yes I would have taken a point for Leeds before kick off.

First time I got to see this Norwich side live, and yes the part of the game you had you did look very good. Hoolahan was very impressive, and you always looked dangerous. didn''t appreciate that you play quite pretty football too. I was a bit worried today, you have a habit of winning tough games, but I really felt we stood up well, and I''ve had a norwich fan or 2 saying the think we probably deserved to nick it. Happy with the result, but happier knowing that on that performance we can beat you, which may come in handy come may!

Cracking game. both really went for it.Whenever a ball was cleared there was so much room in midfield for the opposing team to counter attack.

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Banana, it''s a great point that''s all. We had a bad game, very bad game and got a point. Job done.[/quote]

Bad game? Disagree. Point well won. against a good team in an hostile environment (33, 000 crowd today) and shitty playing conditions which never suit our football.

Quote Leeds supporter, "Norwich might have only had 30% of the game, but when they had it they were brilliant."

[/quote]

First time I got to see this Norwich side live, and yes the part of the game you had you did look very good. Hoolahan was very impressive, and you always looked dangerous. didn''t appreciate that you play quite pretty football too. I was a bit worried today, you have a habit of winning tough games, but I really felt we stood up well, and I''ve had a norwich fan or 2 saying the think we probably deserved to nick it. Happy with the result, but happier knowing that on that performance we can beat you, which may come in handy come may!

Cracking game. both really went for it.Whenever a ball was cleared there was so much room in midfield for the opposing team to counter attack.

[/quote]I am so glad that an opposing fan has picked out our biggest weakness here ^^^^^^^^ [Y]A draw was probably the right result today, but if we are to get the best out of our players then Lambert needs to find the right balance between creativity and ball winning qualities in midfield.For me Crofts needs to return to the base of the diamond, Korey needs to be included far more than he is being at the moment and we probably could do with a ball winning midfielder on loan too.Good result for us today, but I left with the feeling that it could have well been all 3 if Lambert had of got the tactics right.

The problem I felt in midfield was Lansbury''s inability/uninterested defensive play. A number of people have commented on Drury not having the greatest of games whilst up against Gradel - who was superb by the way - this was down to Lansbury not pulling his weight on the left-hand side and he was clearly getting frustrated before his goal - evident in the yellow he picked up.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I am so glad that an opposing fan has picked out our biggest weakness here ^^^^^^^^ [Y]A draw was probably the right result today, but if we are to get the best out of our players then Lambert needs to find the right balance between creativity and ball winning qualities in midfield.For me Crofts needs to return to the base of the diamond, Korey needs to be included far more than he is being at the moment and we probably could do with a ball winning midfielder on loan too.Good result for us today, but I left with the feeling that it could have well been all 3 if Lambert had of got the tactics right.[/quote]I see what you''re saying Smudger, although i do feel Lamberts tactics were not to blame, we were away from home against a good side, but i feel  the real problem seems to be playing both Lansbury and Hoolahan in the same team. Whilst Hoolahan tracks back well he''s never a ball winning midfielder. Lansbury had an okay game but i felt he offered little or no cover for drury, leaving that side of our midfield completely open. If we play hoolahan, i think we need someone more willing to track back and put in a challenge down our left flank, and then when the ball is in the middle of the park they can help out at winning the first and second balls.