Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Chris Martin and Simon Lappin

Damn,not good.I thought Martin was out simply for the court case.

If it is an appendix op then Lappin will be out for a while as well.

We do have loan recalls as an option though.

Lappin would have to settle for the bench at the moment in any event as the midfield is strong. Martin is no great loss at the moment given his current form. The importance in getting a decent loan striker in does increase though

Guess appendicitus could lay him low for 2 - 3 weeks or is it longer?

Just a thought, but Martin''s injury isn''t ''community service'' is it - or is the trial yet to be concluded?. Seems funny timing.

[quote user="Alex"]Just a thought, but Martin''s injury isn''t ''community service'' is it - or is the trial yet to be concluded?. Seems funny timing.[/quote]

No case was over yesterday and he just got a fine, think someone ( on another thread) saw him shopping in Tesco''s last night so can''t be a too serious hamstring problem can it?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich_city_striker_fined_after_fancy_dress_party_assault_1_806810

Look on the bright side, it gives some other players the opportunity to make these places theirs instead. Jackson ought to be chomping at the bit to play now.

[quote user="Alex"]Just a thought, but Martin''s injury isn''t ''community service'' is it - or is the trial yet to be concluded?. Seems funny timing.[/quote]According to a report in today''s EDP the case was heard yesterday at Norwich Magistrates Court. Chris Martin admitted the assault and was fined £1000 with £1000 compensation to the victim and other costs of £115.Case closed it seems.

Thanks CA and Smith must score - Thought it might be a tactful cover up by the club whilst he does a ''Lee Power'' over the next few weeks. Let''s hope he returns soon, he''s blown hot and cold but i think that''s fairly understandable given the stress he''s been under - We know what he can do on his day.

Apologies, CA, didn''t notice that you''d already mentioned the court case.Does all seem a little co-incidental though. According to the manager Martin was injured on Thursday and if there has been some other '' fall-out '' between the player and the manager it''s not been made public as yet.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
Apologies, CA, didn''t notice that you''d already mentioned the court case.

Does all seem a little co-incidental though. According to the manager Martin was injured on Thursday and if there has been some other '' fall-out '' between the player and the manager it''s not been made public as yet.
[/quote]

If he got a bad hamstring injury on Thursday, surely he wouldn''t have been walking round Tesco''s Friday night ??

Does all seem a little co-incidental though. According to the manager Martin was injured on Thursday and if there has been some other '' fall-out '' between the player and the manager it''s not been made public as yet.
[/quote]

Would it not be unthinkable for Lambert to have given him a few weeks off (from playing matches at least) if Chrissy''s head is not right at the moment?. It maybe that PL feels it would be better to give him some time out whilst he gets himself together again following the case, if it''s affected him that much he understandably wouldn''t be of much use on the pitch currently and Lambert would therefore use other options/loans?. I doubt this is the case, but you never know.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Apologies, CA, didn''t notice that you''d already mentioned the court case.Does all seem a little co-incidental though. According to the manager Martin was injured on Thursday and if there has been some other '' fall-out '' between the player and the manager it''s not been made public as yet.[/quote]

If he got a bad hamstring injury on Thursday, surely he wouldn''t have been walking round Tesco''s Friday night ??

[/quote]Big difference between walking around Tesco and playing a game of professional football...

This may not be bad news at all, certainly not in the same league as Barnett''s absence. We are a decent second striker short of getting into the automatic promotion spots, especially with a run of promising games coming up between now and April, but having signed Wilbraham (for better or, more likely, worse) I think Lambert was unlikely to feel able to dip into the loan market for a frontman.

With Martin''s absence though, he now has the excuse he needs and, in turn, City could get the extra impetus we need.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Big difference between walking around Tesco and playing a game of professional football...
[/quote]

I appreciate that but was trying to make the point it might not be a bad hamstring injury if he''s out walking around the day after it happened.

Maybe its just a slight strain which might only take him out for a few games??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Big difference between walking around Tesco and playing a game of professional football...
[/quote]

I appreciate that but was trying to make the point it might not be a bad hamstring injury if he''s out walking around the day after it happened.

Maybe its just a slight strain which might only take him out for a few games??

[/quote]

Barnett is out for the season and he walked off the pitch without the help of a stretcher once the pain had subsided. So not always an accurate indicator

I think if Lambert gave him time off, he would say so - I don''t think this is the time in a season to be giving players a few weeks off...so I highly doubt this is the case.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Holty has tweeted that King of Spain is having an op tonight so defo out for 3 weeks I''d say.
[/quote]

Could he tweet about Chrissie boy too then please [:)]

[quote user="Largey"]I think if Lambert gave him time off, he would say so - I don''t think this is the time in a season to be giving players a few weeks off...so I highly doubt this is the case.[/quote]

I doubt it''s the case either Largey, but whatever stage of the season is irrelevant i think - If he felt Martin was not in the right frame of mind to apply himself to the cause then he wouldn''t play him in a million years anyway and rightly so. He may feel he needs a couple of weeks out to get himself together, which in the long run would surely be of more benefit to us in the coming 2.5 months plus. He does have other options at his disposal (including loans), and clearly has faith in Wilbraham. With the benefit of hindsight it''s a shame we didn''t go for Leroy Lita in January, a quality striker at this level and i doubt he''d have cost more than Elliott Bennett - We only need to lose Holty now and we''ll be in some serious trouble i fear.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Is Simon Lappin''s favourite fan - Smudger - gonna nurse him better? [:P]
[/quote]

You would have thought so wouldn''t you WITS [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Is Simon Lappin''s favourite fan - Smudger - gonna nurse him better? [:P][/quote]

You would have thought so wouldn''t you WITS [:)]

[/quote]He must be at his bedside right now, CA, as he''s not posted to say otherwise lol