Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

RUDDY

Sorry if someone else has posted this, but seriously, starting to show his talents! Made some outstanding saves towards the end of yesterdays game! Just wish he wouldn''t play it short as often, but on the other hand we''re a passing team so starting it short means we pass it out.. Anyway, great point.

I agree he''s getting better and better, but disagree because I love it when he plays it short - he doesn''t always do it, so is clearly watching and thinking about a possible break - we should encourage this sort of intelligent play.

I thought his throwing yesterday was excellent. There were several pinpoint throws out to Martin near half way which enabled us to quickly counter.

[quote user="Christov"]I thought his throwing yesterday was excellent. There were several pinpoint throws out to Martin near half way which enabled us to quickly counter.[/quote]Don''t know how many home/away games you''ve seen this season but sometimes he plays it short and it basically gives the other team the ball straight away. I can think of 2 examples just from the last 2 away games.. Burnley got a 1 on 1 and messed it up, and Leeds got about 3 yesterday! 1 was stopped by a great tackle from whitbread.I agree about the whole starting the move from the back as we''re a passing team, but sometimes it just needs to go long. At Burnley Holt came back and had a rant at Ruddy saying just put it up there, as we lost it nearly every time he went short. He''s been class recently though, really kept us in some games with some great saves.

Agree entirely.. He has improved so much since the start of the season.

His saves have started to get better and better and i think we could have a very good goalkeeper here.

As for his distribution, i don''t mind him playing short but yes i would like to see him kick more. However, his kicking is still quite poor IMO.

Definitely improving though!

He''s improved because he''s found himself a club that wants him and he have settled with us.

Take a look at his CV in the Leeds programme: 10 clubs in just over 5 seasons....now he''s got to know his team mates he will be a real asset.

Last season we lost in the last minute and this time we got a draw in the last minute, just shows you how important the keep is.

The reason it is probably played short is because of the tactics set out by Paul lambert to keep the ball rather than to kick it everytime and lose it hence keeping more possession to build an attack. Sometimes it needs to be kicked but I think building the play is a better method!

World class save from John at the end to get us a point and if you watch the replay you''ll see he even got the faintest of touches to the header that hit the post!!!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]While he had a slowish start, Ruddy is doing a fine job for us now and has certainly earned us quite a lot of points this season![/quote]

To be absolutley honest here I am Rather glad Newcastle were guilty of dragging thier feet with Forster coming back, I believe we have a better keeper in the makeing, and could go on to get the P.O.T.S. as already said he''s won us some invalluable points, Yesterday was a classic. 

Fantastic save at the end of the game yesterday.  I''m feeling a lot more confident about Ruddy now, hes really established himself after a very shakey start, well done to the lad and keep it up...

Even when he was shot of confidence at the beginning of the season he pretty much won us the 3 points against Swansea which are now looking to be a vital 3 points.

Up there for POTS contention for me.

There''s probably no position in the team where it''s more important that you feel settled and confident.

It''s been great to see Ruddy clearly feel more and more at home as Norwich''s keeper. He''s much more charismatic with the crowd, and seeing him run the length of the pitch at the end of the Millwall and Reading games shows that he really feels part of the side.

I sometimes think that as fans we underestimate just how long it takes to settle in, as if we could start a new job in a different part of the country and be at our best straight away.

What we''re seeing now is a guy who feels like he belongs and he''s looking like the decent keeper we were promised. I for one feel a bit sheepish (in both senses) for doubting him at the start of the season.

Now, if he''d only start heading the crossbar...