Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Who will miss out??

While its clear, QPR, Forest and Cardiff will finish in the top 6..........

Who will be the unlucky team to finish 7th

Swansea......Dont conceed, bit of class in Sinclair and Pratley, thats 4.

Leicester....Real good run, form side, money to strengthen, Yakubu scoring for fun, makes it 5.

City/Leeds....Judging by yesterdays match, theres not alot between us. Little mention for Snodgrass, thought he was brilliant yesterday. However we are still plugging away and we are never a beaten side. Over 90 minutes we were probably a little fortunate to come away with a point considering the chances Leeds missed in the first half.

Also a little early too early to rule Burnley out.

Who will be the team that misses out?

Cardiff will. Why is it clear that they will finish in the top six, when they are incredibly inconsistent, and only 3 goals ahead of us?

If they are clearly going to finish in the top six, then so are we.

Equally, I''m not convinced either Forest or QPR are guaranteed either (although more convinced by the former). It''s unlikely, but I can see QPR hitting a wall big time soon, and nose-diving.

I think the only team that will defo be top 6 is QPR and Forest and I think it''ll be Cardiff or Swansea that miss out.

Norwich

QPR

Forest

Leeds

Leicester

Cardiff or Swansea

Is how I think it''ll finish.. Obv with one of Cardiff or Swansea finishing 7th.

You can''t call this one!!!

Think Leicester will make it into the play offs......as for missing out well could it be Cardiff???

The big games next week are Swansea/Leeds and Cardiff/Leicester.....

Burnley could still make the play offs as well as Leicester , and i still fear we could slip up if we dont get a goalscorer sorted out .

Swansea just dont score enough IMO!!!!! So may struggle.

If QPR lose taraabt then they could slip

We seem to scrap wins but i cant see it going until may

Cardiff look poor at the back and rely only on the strikers to pull them through!

Leeds seem the most stable all over the pitch, although most wil largue they conceed to many to go up.

nottm forest have a tough run in as they play us [;)] and their home form will be vital!

To be honest, i don''t think any of the current top 6 are immune from falling into 7th.

QPR - can''t believe how most pundits keep saying it will be QPR and one other. Struggling away from home as of late (Drew with Preston who are bottom!!!) and are still yet to go on a bad run, which i think they inevitably will.

FOREST - IMO they are the least likely to fall out of the top 6 and have a fantastic home record. Don''t consede many and are in fantastic form.

SWANSEA - On a good run as of late and like Forest, have a formidable home record. Consede very few.

CARDIFF - Very inconsistent but still win games

NORWICH - Score lots but worryingly consede just as many. However, our away form is fantastic this season. Like QPR, are we due a bad run? Do feel a striker on loan is vital.

LEEDS - Much like us, score goals but consede in equal amounts. Have lost once in 19 now i believe.

LEICESTER - Current form is very impressive and have used the loan market very wisely. Home formunder Sven is good.

BURNLEY - Would be naive to rule out them at this stage. Eddie Howe is doing a brilliant job there but there run in is very difficult.

This is my prediction for the top of the table and at this stage is pretty much a guess as it is too close to call.

1. Forest

2. Swansea

3. QPR

4. Norwich

5. Leicester

6. Cardiff

7. Leeds

8. Burnley

You make a lot of sense, but I think we need to keep a look out for Hull too, haven''t lost away since September and are hitting a bit of form.....this league is the most competitive in Europe, that''s why will miss it next year!!!!

I don''t know who will miss out but I want Cardiff and Swansea to miss out, I don''t want any team that comes under the Welsh FA to be in the English Leagues let alone get anywhere near the Premier League.

with over a dozen games to go Ipswich and Hull cannot be discounted or even Burnley. There is always a team that makes a late run.

We have sustained our challenge as a result of the late goals that we have scored. Whilst that is a good sign of good team spirit it is also a sign that we find it hard to get on top of sides earlier in the game. I think Norwich and Leeds together may be the most vulnerable to dropping out of the top 6. A lot depends on if and when we get a decent second striker and what happens with injuries. Lose Holt for any length of time and its curtains

Interesting topic, still think we might be having this conversation throughout the season even with 2 games to go.

Simple facts with so many to go, is most of the teams will look shaky and go through a 2 or 3 game bad patch but I suspect one or another will go on a very good 7 or 8 game steak.

I''ll find it hard to think Forest and Leicester will keep their runs upto the end of season, if they do just have to take your hat off to them.

Not beyond possability that top7 (or majority) will be split by 3 points with 2 games to go. Be hell of a finish.

Afterall, we''re still only in February, so many twists and turns to go.

I fancy Cardiff or Leeds to miss out of the 7. Think from yesterday''s match, from the commentary the apparent players and fans were starting to feel desperate. Maybe pressure is starting to get the better of them.

We are conceding too many sloppy goals as against Leeds yesterday. A team that is going to go straight up has to have a tight defense and get ahead and then be able to take the pressure. Ask yourself when was the last win by a clear two or more goals , we do not do that very often but to be fair rarely lose by a clear gap either. Do not even mention last gasp winners either.This is a team wonderfully managed and if we had the finances of Cardiff, QPR, Leicester etc we would waltz this league. We did not even have enough players as subs at Leeds thanks to C Martin "injury" which I suspect was more to do with court case and Lambert quite rightly feeling not really up for game.We are so short of defense cover and need a real pro who can calm things down like Dublin used to. Two of him would be great one in defence and one in attackSuspect will go to the wire but my bet would be1. Forest2. QPR3. Leicester4. Cardiff5. Norwich6. Leeds

I''d be astonished if QPR aren''t in the top two, and very surprised if they don''t win it.

They''ve conceded 20 goals this season. That''s why they''re where they are. They might have a bad run - in fact, they might already have had it, but if they keep that many clean sheets, they''ll still win/draw most of their games.

Can see Leicester and Forest not keeping their runs going on the sheer fact that very few Championship sides can do that for any period of time. I suspect Cardiff might get a bit jittery after last season''s failure - they really have to go up this year with all the money they''ve spent - and that''s a lot of pressure.

Leeds concede too many goals to have any consistency - I think they might be the team to slip out.

Haven''t seen Swansea so can''t really comment on them.

I just think we''re so resilient that we will keep picking up points away, and our home form is pretty decent, with most of the top teams having already been to CR.

While as a City fan you''re always waiting for things to go wrong, I really fancy us for the top six.

Out of the top 6 at the moment I think there is three that look solid to finish in the top 6 and thats QPR, Forest and Swansea.  And I think the three vulnerbale ones are ourselves, Cardiff and Leeds.

It''s going to go right to the wire and at the moment us and Leeds conceed far to many to be safe untill the very last day and Cardiff are just to inconsistent, they seem to be able to go five straight wins on the trot and also not win five on the trot.  If Lambert can keep his record of not losing two in a row then we will be fine, it is absolutely crucial this record remains in tact.

Everyone is going on about Leicster and rightly so but don''t rule out Burnley and Hull and although Ipswich are in great form there is too many challenging teams in between them and sixth.

1.QPR

2.Forest

3.Swansea

4.Cardiff

5.Leicster

6.Norwich

----------------

7.Leeds

[Y]

[quote user="Harry"]I don''t know who will miss out but I want Cardiff and Swansea to miss out, I don''t want any team that comes under the Welsh FA to be in the English Leagues let alone get anywhere near the Premier League.[/quote]Don''t really get the logic of this, Cardiff & Swansea have always played in the English league system. I think that Forest will win the league with Q.P.R 2nd, Leicester & Swansea seem the most likely to finish in the play-offs so would leave it between us, Leeds & Cardiff for the other 2 spots. But in all honesty Burnley, Hull & Millwall are not out of contention yet. Prediction:1st Forest 2nd QPR3rd Leicester4th Swansea5th Cardiff6th Norwich7th Leeds

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Harry"]I don''t know who will miss out but I want Cardiff and Swansea to miss out, I don''t want any team that comes under the Welsh FA to be in the English Leagues let alone get anywhere near the Premier League.[/quote]Don''t really get the logic of this, Cardiff & Swansea have always played in the English league system. [/quote]They play in the English League system but don''t come under the English FA.When Cardiff played Portsmouth in the FA Cup Final Cardiff''s Darren Purse should have been serving a 3 match ban after being red carded for a bad foul on Burnley’s Andy Cole, the Welsh FA disciplinary panel chairman which cleared Darren Purse to play at Wembley was a Cardiff City season ticket holder.This hasn''t been the only occasion the Welsh FA have overturned red cards/suspensions, if the want to play in the English Leagues the should come under the English FA.