Sign in to follow this  
tobz06

Why do you hate leeds????

I hate leeds because of the wa@*ers who visited us at carrow road this year and league 1. No doubt have a good manager however, certain players that if i was playing centre half I would want to go straight through the back of them!!! Absolute wristers!!!!!

I don''t. They are just another football team, nothing more, nothing less. 

Not really bothered about them to be honest, though it does seem that if you speak to any football fan (bar Leeds fans of course) and ask them what team they can''t stand - Leeds is one that repeatedly comes up without fail.

I don''t really hate anyone, with exception of Sarah Palin perhaps. To be honest it''s all part of the banter, we hate you, you hate us and so on and so forth. I have a friend at work who comes from Leeds and we''ve basically spent the week emailing how much we hate each other and our respective teams. We shall be off for a pint tonight and a game of pool what ever happens.

Glad i''m not the only one that doesn''t give a damn about Leeds.All that matters is we get points off them,and then on to the next game.

Leeds and their fans are great opponents. The crow on about themselves and yet I can think of any number of more genuinely arrogant clubs and supporters.

They are a throw-back and will give it and take it and games against them have an edge and an atmosphere you don''t get from 60 - 70% of Premiership sides.  I find the Waccoe banter hilariously entertaining as hearts are worn too obviously on sleeves through their enduring frustration and the Leeds fans who come on here are good value. Say what you like too but if you have a mate from that part of the world you have a staunch mate at the end of the day.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the League One and Championship rivalry as both teams have gone at it with similar records.

Like Bates I would be happy to see both sides promoted or both not because a league without Leeds is missing a lot.

Because they are Leeds I feel more passionate about Norwich playing well and getting a result today more than for almost any other fixture this season. If we take a win or draw today I''ll be ecstatic.

Though I quite like that we go about things under the radar I hate the way that they get so much credit for the last calendar year and yet we get very little. I think one of the BBC guys said Leeds were the team of the year last year because of the way they had gotten promoted and stormed the Championship forgetting we beat them by around 20 points in the 2010 part of League 1 and were sitting 1 point behind them at the time in the Championship.I hate the way that when we beat them today it''ll be a shock. It shouldn''t be; we have the best away record in the league. They are Leeds, and they are a newly promoted team and should not be counted as a big team. They should be held to the standards as us and Millwall; not lofted because they once were LEEDS!!

As I said, I don''t hate Leeds and games like today explain why. Leeds themselves surely have to admit our respective sides have served up some fantastic matches in the last two seasons.

I don''t hate Leeds. I don''t get why fans go so far as to say they hate them. I certainly dislike their fans for their arrogance but I don''t hate them. I save all my hate for Ipshit.

Davo

Like others have said, I don''t hate Leeds. They are our rivals for the last couple of seasons but it is not as if there is a massive history between our clubs. The whole "lets all hate Leeds" mentality just feeds their own media-fuelled sense of self importance. 

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Like others have said, I don''t hate Leeds. They are our rivals for the last couple of seasons but it is not as if there is a massive history between our clubs. The whole "lets all hate Leeds" mentality just feeds their own media-fuelled sense of self importance.  [/quote]NOM NOM NOM, GIMME MORE!!!

I have to confess that for a few years in the early 70s Leeds were very much my second favourite team - this was in the days of Billy Bremner, Jack Charlton, Allan Clarke etc. I remember as an eight year old being heartbroken when they lost the 1970 FA Cup final replay to Chelsea.Nowadays I just regard them as our promotion rivals, although my son loathes them!

I don''t hate Leeds. They''re fans rub people up the wrong way yes however they''re a bunch of genuinely passionate fans who''ll stick with their side through thick and thin.

As for the neanderthals that were here in March, every club has a few idiots, even City.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Like others have said, I don''t hate Leeds. They are our rivals for the last couple of seasons but it is not as if there is a massive history between our clubs. The whole "lets all hate Leeds" mentality just feeds their own media-fuelled sense of self importance. 
[/quote]

Some genuinely fair responses here, but that last line is bang on. We''re called arrogant and what not, but a lot of fans (not just norwich) do hate us and talk about us, which then justifies our "fame". We''ve probably made a lot of our "fame" and "importance" from others with the hating and the attention they gives us.

I wouldn''t call you rivals in the traditional sense, but its quite obvious that we''ve been vying for the same thing in the last year, and as such are rivals for promotion.

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Like others have said, I don''t hate Leeds. They are our rivals for the last couple of seasons but it is not as if there is a massive history between our clubs. The whole "lets all hate Leeds" mentality just feeds their own media-fuelled sense of self importance. 
[/quote]

Some genuinely fair responses here, but that last line is bang on. We''re called arrogant and what not, but a lot of fans (not just norwich) do hate us and talk about us, which then justifies our "fame". We''ve probably made a lot of our "fame" and "importance" from others with the hating and the attention they gives us.

I wouldn''t call you rivals in the traditional sense, but its quite obvious that we''ve been vying for the same thing in the last year, and as such are rivals for promotion.

[/quote]

And while we''re at it Essexwhite I think we have produced two terrific games this season, (the home game was one of the best matches I''ve seen this year) , and the two managers seem to have a lot of respect for each other. So all good.

Completely agree mate. Didn''t get tickets for Carrow Road, but went today and it went in a blur, one of the most entertaining games I''ve been to, you were good  as I expected and we were better than I expected! Cracking game.

Don''t think the managers could have a pop at each other even if they wanted to, we''ve been close for the last 18 months

I went today and I have to say that a match like that, with such a good atmosphere and a big crowd, is exactly the reason why I go to football matches in the first place - not only a good advert for our league but for attending football matches in general.  Loved it (although it was a tad nerve-shredding).

Great match and atmosphere today, good to see it was almost friendly too. I think both clubs and fans have a lot more respect for each other after last season and 2 cracking games this season!

.....spare a thought about this, the Norwich away support was the biggest away League support at Leeds this season!

Yesterday was a cracker, with the best atmosphere from Norwich fans at an away game that I''ve experienced in a very long time.

If truth be told we were a shade fortunate overall to get a point yet (once again) stepped up second half and at times Leeds were chasing shadows. First half, though, we were almost overrun and could well have gone in two or three behind.  

As far as this whole ''anti Leeds'' thing is concerned, it would be good if we could now give this a rest and move on. Sure they have (arguably) more than their fair share of idiots and the ''trouble'' they may have kicked off at recent visits to Norwich deserved condemnation. That said, I encountered absolutely no problems at all yesterday.

Inside the ground their fans in the vast East Stand (lower tier) were very close to the Yellow Army yet I saw little if any signs of threatening behaviour, intimidation, violence and the like (which if you believe the hype from some City fans) is what I should expect at Elland Road. If anything was likely to wind them up it was the booming   ''Leeds is a s--t hole, I wanna go home'' song yet the home fans seemed content to take it and simply watch the game! I''ve certainly seen far more overtly aggressive behaviour from away fans (Hull anyone??) 

Arriving at the rather strange looking ground with the towering East Stand dwarfing the surroundings, fans mixed before the game and many pictures were taken off the stand and the Billy Bremner statue. The recent floral tributes were due to an anniversary of the Galatasary murders I found out from talking to one of their fans.

Post match, there was no segregation as we left the ground (that I could see) and, again, fans mixed freely and without issues. Got talking to one who asked about the journey, said what a top game it was and wished good luck - top geezer.

So, in summary, I didn''t get punched, kicked, stabbed, threatned, nor did I have to cower under police riot shields as the Yoorkshire mob attacked us poor, innocent Norfolk souls yet if you believed some of the hysterical hype over the last two seasons from City fans, that is what I was letting myself in for by visiting Leeds.

Perhaps I was just lucky, perhaps it would have been different had we won, who knows. I prefer to think the whole Leeds thing has been puffed up over and above the reality. A few years ago it was Wolves, now Leeds. Time to concentrate on the football and move on please.         

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Top post, Yellow Rider, my thoughts entirely![/quote]

And mine. Loved it how all sides of the ground joined in the signing yesterday, if only people in the Jarrold, River End and City Stand could do that!

Great post that ....yesterday was a great football occasion with the performance from both sides worthy of a Premiership fixture.It surely beats say ''Wigan v Fulham'' any day of the week.Two very good teams trying to win a football game in front of a passionate crowd....sadly these type of games are a rarity these days so i have to congratulate the Norwich players and Fans on their efforts yesterday.We played very well 1st half and came back strongly late on but the one stand out player on the day was Hoolihan.We gave him far too much space (or maybe he has the knack of always finding it ?)Anyway , i was impressed with both teams and despite us having good chances to score 3 or 4 i was very happy to get a point.I would take a play off place now if it were offered as Leicester are looking ominous so someone is going to miss out come May.Now is the time to string a few wins together and who knows ? from what i saw yesterday one of us are capable of pinching an auto place.Well done guys.

I like your responce pdlufc, too many Premier League clubs with money but no support or passion;

Wigan

Blackburn

Fulham

..to name 3 who made it there because they got bank rolled by a sugar daddy..

Leeds is the biggest club in the championship and I hope you get promoted but not at our expense!!

There are many similarities with our clubs.....players, managers , crowds , developments and ambition etc.Whatever happens this season it looks like that we are both heading for the same destination.

I sat with some Leeds fans on the way up on the train.....Top blokes.....there were plenty on the train home as well.....

The Wetherspoons in Leeds station had a few undesirables in there.....I was an incognito city supporter, till I moved on....

Good and bad in every bunch.....

A fantastic post by Yellow Rider "As far as this whole ''anti Leeds'' thing is concerned, it would be good

if we could now give this a rest and move on. Sure they have (arguably)

more than their fair share of idiots and the ''trouble'' they may have

kicked off at recent visits to Norwich deserved condemnation. That

said, I encountered absolutely no problems at all yesterday."We do have more than our fair share of morons, undoubtedly...but nothing wrong with a healthy rivalry. We''ve had some great contests over the last couple of seasons