Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Official NCFC Twitter says Rob Edwards signs on loan until 24th May

Crofts Num 1 Fan...

As I understand it, he will be eligible for playoff semis but not the final as the final is after his loan expires.

Should he? I thought I read the next time we''d see him was pre-season?

Besides, we won''t need the play offs, we''ll be up as Champions!

Yes, the loan expires on the 24th of May and the Play-off final is set for the 30th. Maybe Barnett will be fit again by then! Or perhaps we can get Doc back on loan from Charlton if they don''t make the League 1 play offs! [;)]

Wouldn''t think that it''d be a huge issue that he wouldn''t be available for the final should we get there, but it''ll be interesting to see the calibre of striker Lambert may bring in and if he''ll wait or not with the play offs in mind.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Wouldn''t think that it''d be a huge issue that he wouldn''t be available for the final should we get there, but it''ll be interesting to see the calibre of striker Lambert may bring in and if he''ll wait or not with the play offs in mind.
[/quote]

I reckon Lambert will wait as we we desperate for a CB but not so much for a striker. Hopefully someone will come in next week though.

[quote user="kick it off"]Jin - It''s an emergency loan so limited to 93days. It is already exactly a 93 day loan so no extension.[/quote]

My mistake sorry - little bit complacent with my response there!

Great loan for us and will be eligible to play in the play offs on the 11th and 18th if we get there.

Lets hope a striker arrives next Monday - he will then be eligible for the play off final if of course we make that.

Welcome Rob [:D]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]So will he be legible for any play-offs if required?[/quote]No, they''ll scramble the name on his shirt to confuse the opposition strikers.

IMO this is a decent signing - played plenty at this level, and is clearly still reasonably within his parent club''s plans otherwise there wouldn''t be thre recall clause.

There are bound to be some who turn their noses up, but the fact remains that Blackpool are in the league above us, and he is a decent player who other Champs sides were after (Derby, apparently). In some ways it is similar to the Barnett signing (ie a ''lesser'' Prem side) and he came off ok for us - let''s hope Edwards does too.

I''m sutre there was some idiot thread of here a few days nack where someone was warbling on about signings not coning in until a date belown 93 days .... so that any player (s) would be available for the playoff final !

Sometimes it just beggars belief.

If a player is good enough to play in the final then he is good enough to play NOW. In fact it is far, far more important that any players coming in should be available to help the team as soon as possible.

Points lost now are lost for good.