Sign in to follow this  
.takecare.

how many fans will doncaster bring?

250 tops but mock them all you like as older posters will remember night games in London our support was often around the 200 mark in the early 80s

I''m surprised that Doncaster haven''t had their allocation cut so we can sell more to home fans particularly as their isn''t many seats left in home areas as it is, the games a cheap ones for casuals and its half term for the kids!

Yes I remember back in the day when we only got the away support levels we regularly see now for big cup ties and that was when we were mostly in the top flight. Then again nearly every club is better supported home and away than what they were during the dark hooligan ridden days of the late 70''s and early 80''s!

Will be surprised if there are more than 250 on a cold Tuesday night with  a 7 hour round trip.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I''m surprised that Doncaster haven''t had their allocation cut so we can sell more to home fans particularly as their isn''t many seats left in home areas as it is, the games a cheap ones for casuals and its half term for the kids! Yes I remember back in the day when we only got the away support levels we regularly see now for big cup ties and that was when we were mostly in the top flight. Then again nearly every club is better supported home and away than what they were during the dark hooligan ridden days of the late 70''s and early 80''s![/quote]

Those were the days,I can remember the early 60''s when I was a young Squaddie stationed at Bury-st-Edmunds, me and afew of my mates used to hitch a lift to the ground, and bus or train back, Many a time I was asked Why I chose to stay at camp on weekend instead of going home to Birmingham, No need to answer  that, Is there.   

[quote user="yellow 63"]250 tops but mock them all you like as older posters will remember night games in London our support was often around the 200 mark in the early 80s[/quote]I''ve stopped mocking any poor followings these days. In fact I commend anyone refusing to pay silly prices modern football demands. £28 for an adult ticket in the Doncaster end, can''t see many coming.

to true,is it kids for a quid Tuesday ? if so maybe would have been worthwhile offering Doncaster fans some discount as i can''t see a 25,000 plus crowd on the cards

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Yes - for those of us older fans who remember the late 70s/early 80s when City''s support at both home and away at times bordered on the absymal, the current levels continue to be a source of wonder.
[/quote]

Another point is, Live football on Tele was rare too, in the late 60''s early 70''s the odd cup or international highlites at best  Sunday lunch time viewing, No video recorders either

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Not sure on numbers but I have it on good authority a fair few of their supporters aren''t just coming to watch the football, if you get what I mean. Not sure how true that is though.[/quote]

So your saying Doncaster fans are up for a fight!?!?  That suprises me, I never knew they had a bit of a reputation and I dunno why they want to fight Norwich fans!

I doubt they will bring many and who can blame them?  Tuesday night, conceded nine in their last 2 and scored none!

It would be a shame if there are empty seats in the Donny section as it wasn''t easy to get home tickets for this game. We are super members and were trying to get them from 9am on the first day of sale - the website had crashed, eventually got through on the phone line after about an hour and were offered 2 in Block J of the Jarrold, which we took! We were told these were the best available, even though we only wanted 2 tickets.

Quote user "Boyo"

So your saying Doncaster fans are up for a fight!?!?  That suprises me, I never knew they had a bit of a reputation and I dunno why they want to fight Norwich fans!

I doubt they will bring many and who can blame them?  Tuesday night, conceded nine in their last 2 and scored none!

That doesn''t make sense to me either, maybe he means they have heard how good Chapelfield is and want to visit it lol??

After asking my Doncaster living cousin about Doncaster fans, he says they have a "firm" at their school called the DDR (Doncaster Defence Regiment), according to him it is made up with a micture of 14 and 15 year olds. They don''t go to Millwall or Leeds either, I wonder why that could be

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I''m surprised that Doncaster haven''t had their allocation cut so we can sell more to home fans particularly as their isn''t many seats left in home areas as it is, the games a cheap ones for casuals and its half term for the kids! ![/quote]

How do you know how many tickets they requested, they may well have asked for 500 and may have sent 250 back, who knows??

[quote user="yellow 63"]250 tops but mock them all you like as older posters will remember night games in London our support was often around the 200 mark in the early 80s[/quote]wasnt that much dofferent in the 90''s either! 250 for Stockport away once i remember

Fair play to whoever turns up from Doncaster tomorrow evening. They have half a team crocked, are in an awful run of form, it''s miles away and a midweek fixture.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Fair play to whoever turns up from Doncaster tomorrow evening. They have half a team crocked, are in an awful run of form, it''s miles away and a midweek fixture.

[/quote]It''s only 2½ hours away.

I have it on good authority the whole cities turning up for this one, they won''t want to go home after the match. If I were you I''d get the Norwich Immigration Patrol out in force, these guys are difficult to persuade to return to Doncaster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How is the My Little Pony today Resident Leeds Fan Jenny?