Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Lansbury's Celebration

Fact is that most of the best players (at least in more recent history before someone starts giving back in the day examples!) has some form of arrogance about them.

Its that air of self confidence which means they are willing to try things that others arent,

In my opinion this streak just needs to be harnessed in the right way but not surpressed (our own Chris Martin is a good example of the need and difficulty in doing this)

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]It''s a symptom of a much larger sickness within the game.

These celebrations are pre planned by glory boys for the cameras.... and have sod all to do with passion.

Public preening of an already over inflated self image.
[/quote]

What about George Best et al Granddad? [:D]

When mummy and daddy are no longer paying for your seats I feel sure many of you will think differently. It''s called growing up.The truth is such celebrations do nothing for the game... any more than the stupid entrance music.... the over hyped goal fanfare and the pathetic crossbar challenge. It''s an artificial atmosphere because the modern day support can no longer make their up own their own entertainment.Sport in this country gets more like the superficial USA garbage every day. It stinks.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]It''s a symptom of a much larger sickness within the game.

These celebrations are pre planned by glory boys for the cameras.... and have sod all to do with passion.

Public preening of an already over inflated self image.
[/quote]

If you hate the sight of people celebrating goals, maybe best you stick to going to the theatre?.....or maybe become a referee??

Football is not just for the kiddies.... kiddies..... so why is it only you who can have an opinion? Human rights? Political correctness? Lack of parental control? You''ve had pretty much everything else in life dumbed down for your benefit and now it''s about time the grown ups had a say about what is happening to the game.You may not like it, but that''s life. If you''re lucky you might get to live it one day.

Blimey Mr Cluckbert you really should chill out a bit.

All this pent up anger is not good for the blood pressure.

Angela can celebrate any way he like`s if he`s going to carry on scoring

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Football is not just for the kiddies.... kiddies..... so why is it only you who can have an opinion? Human rights? Political correctness? Lack of parental control? You''ve had pretty much everything else in life dumbed down for your benefit and now it''s about time the grown ups had a say about what is happening to the game.You may not like it, but that''s life. If you''re lucky you might get to live it one day.

[/quote]Just want to know what the criteria for being a ''kiddie'' is? Is it simply anyone that doesnt agree with you?Seriously did this thread start out as a discussion on a player celebrating scoring a goal? Why such a volatile reaction to a young man enjoying actually playing football week in week out in front of thousands of fans?While thinking he looked a bit stupid (as im sure all his team mates reminded him of after the match) i didnt think it worth coming on here condemning anyone younger than me as pathetic kiddies who might be lucky one day to be like me.

It’s a good idea for all of us to celebrate success as that pattern (of achieving success) is likely to be repeated – something most of us would want for the club. However, I do think Cluckbert makes a valid point; the celebration actions of some players border on the egotistical – I can’t imagine Bobby Charlton or Alan Shearer needing to do anything much more than simply net the ball!

Mind you, imagine if we had no goals to celebrate – then where would we be?

On balance I’ll back Lansbury on this one!...

[quote user="emmaroyds"]Blimey Mr Cluckbert you really should chill out a bit.

All this pent up anger is not good for the blood pressure.

Angela can celebrate any way he like`s if he`s going to carry on scoring[/quote]I''m perfectly chilled as ever.... that''s what maturity does for you.  There''s nothing wrong with kids... just some of them.... or to be more precise those who believe they have invented everything from music to football when all they have done is inherited what others have created for them way before they tasted milk.They''ll learn one day.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="emmaroyds"]Blimey Mr Cluckbert you really should chill out a bit. All this pent up anger is not good for the blood pressure. Angela can celebrate any way he like`s if he`s going to carry on scoring[/quote]

I''m perfectly chilled as ever.... that''s what maturity does for you. 

There''s nothing wrong with kids... just some of them.... or to be more precise those who believe they have invented everything from music to football when all they have done is inherited what others have created for them way before they tasted milk.

They''ll learn one day.
[/quote]

.....sounds like a sad,bitter old man who''s not long for this world. I hope for your sake you''ve achieved everything you wanted to in this life in the time that you were here??

What I don''t get is the amount of energy spent on goal celebrations and how some of them seem to risk injury to themselves or team mates. It seems to lack a certain amount of proffessionalism. I like the one arm raised and straight back to your own half psyched up ready to go again. It does beggar belief when they risk bookings for celebrations.

[quote user="improper fraction"]Well, aren''t you the cheerful bunny this evening The gut. Why shouldn''t players celebrate in the way they choose? So long as it''s within the FA boundaries of course.
[/quote]

I don''t think I said they couln''t improper faction.

[quote user="The gut"]What I don''t get is the amount of energy spent on goal celebrations and how some of them seem to risk injury to themselves or team mates. It seems to lack a certain amount of proffessionalism. I like the one arm raised and straight back to your own half psyched up ready to go again. It does beggar belief when they risk bookings for celebrations.[/quote]That''s all I''m saying too TG.The sooner managers get a grip of this media induced phenomenon the better.

Get a grip, and a humour bypass. whats wrong with celebrating scoring a goal, if he hadn''t of celebrated people would of slated him saying he''s not a team player etc. Im loving that celebration and hoping we see it a few more times this season. Who cares as long as he''s scoring and happy. People say about the team etc, well do you think Lambert would have anybody in that squad who wasn''t a team player or who was causing unrest or a problem.

At the end of the day, I couldn''t care less how they celebrate, if they show passion it makes me feel even better.

I think that Paul Cluckbert must be an old lonely man if he spends his weekend whining about a goal celebration. For one there are more necessary things to talk about and two he has just scored a goal for Norwich to get the chance to celebrate, if he wants to act like a w anker to show his delight then let him, we are benefitting out of it. Also agree with the comment above, it probably proves the team spirit within the team, I bet there will be some dressing room banter due to that celebration which is what strengthens team spirit.

Paul Cluckbert- get a hobby, rather then criticising player''s celebrations/

Fear not, I''ll sleep ok tonight.... and I won''t need the light left on.

I''ve read some stupid posts on here but Cluckbert you really are a new level of daftness.

From your comments I can only presume you''d rather 1 of the following:

1) Lansbury to take a Japanese type bow after scoring and return to his position immediately in his own half for preparation of the kick off.

or

2) A mad run where he rips off his shirt only to display his bare chest with a Norwich emblem tattoo''d on his chest. Whilst he runs and slaps hands with every single Norwich fan in the front row of the Barclay.

It''d appear you have a problem with the excitement and passion of football today. Perhaps Championship Chess is more your bag?

You make several references to your age and maturity. I presume this hang up is related to your out of date pacemaker? This would also explain your concern at the excitement factor of games these days.

God forbid it gets exciting!

As for the thought that Lansbury may have put a bit of thought into his celebration prior to scoring.. HUUGGGGGFFFHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You mean the boy actually dared to think about what happens if he scores for us? That''s disgusting! Parading around with confidence that high that he feels like he might score.

HE SHOULD BE BANISHED BACK TO ARSENAL IMMEDIATELY.

C 0 C |< !