Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Doncaster trying to get match postponed

I see the pinkun has changed it headlines pretty quickly, bet the club started getting loads of calls once people saw their headline re them asking the league to postpone it. [:)]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?![/quote]Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.

I think it all depends on how much the players know is going on and how they are as individuals. I was very confident of a result before all this and after all this there is more of a desire to absolutely batter them, if all the players are like this rather than thinking ''they can''t get a proper team together this is going to be easy'' then we should be fine. I think Lambert is going to have them fired up and out to teach Doncaster a lesson for having the cheek to try and get this game off

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?![/quote]Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.[/quote]We have won our 4 of the last 5 games at home!!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?![/quote]Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.[/quote]Equally we''ve played well in several games at home and gone on to lose them. I''m not sure 4 wins out of the last 5 can''t really be questioned, especially given how dominant we were in the last home match.

We don''t seem to have much luck with anything ''Doncaster'' - Do we Neil?

Could be second in the league tonight should we win  and other results go our way, so am actually hoping the Suffolk Smurfs win tonight - 13 games to go and 4 points behind QPR would be very nice. Surely Nottingham Forest will slip up at home at some point?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??

we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?!
[/quote]
Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.
[/quote]^^ I agree with Coelho. I''ve been saying this for months. Yes, whilst I am pleased we are recently winning, we aint been playing great at times. [:(]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?![/quote]Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.[/quote]Equally we''ve played well in several games at home and gone on to lose them. I''m not sure 4 wins out of the last 5 can''t really be questioned, especially given how dominant we were in the last home match.[/quote]Look, I''m not knocking the team here, just being objective about our weaknesses. We''ve played well and lost (Hull, Palace, Portsmouth), played averagely and won (Swansea, Middlesbrough, Millwall), and conceded the first goal in 13 out of our 18 home games this season. Just sayin''.

why talk about points that are already banked.... we have been winning at home recently so our current home form is good.... I think we will win tonight!!We are a team playing well, why wouldnt we. i cant see a skin anywhere!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]examples?

Sheffield Utd 4-2QPR 1-0Cardiff 1-1Millwall 2-1Reading 2-1maybe Millwall?[/quote]In four of those games we conceded the first goal, and in 13 of our 18 home games. We''ve got fantastic fighting spirit, I''m just saying that we seem to be vulnerable to conceding the first goal at home, that''s all. We need to nip that in the bud, or our luck will run out eventually.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]why talk about points that are already banked.... we have been winning at home recently so our current home form is good.... I think we will win tonight!!We are a team playing well, why wouldnt we. i cant see a skin anywhere!![/quote]Well I hope you''re right here, I wouldn''t take any pleasure in saying ''told you so'' if we drop points. I think we''ll win too, but it''s not a foregone conclusion like some people are making out.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]iffy home form??we have won 4 of the last 5 home games?![/quote]Yes, iffy home form. We have lost more games at home than away over the whole season, have gone a goal down many times, and have relied on last-gasp goals for a lot of the points we have gained at Carrow Road. On the whole, we haven''t played especially well at home in many of our games this season.[/quote]Equally we''ve played well in several games at home and gone on to lose them. I''m not sure 4 wins out of the last 5 can''t really be questioned, especially given how dominant we were in the last home match.[/quote]Look, I''m not knocking the team here, just being objective about our weaknesses. We''ve played well and lost (Hull, Palace, Portsmouth), played averagely and won (Swansea, Middlesbrough, Millwall), and conceded the first goal in 13 out of our 18 home games this season. Just sayin''.[/quote]No, I agree with you - we''ve not been massively convincing (it''s never even a shock when we go 1-0 down these days), but somehow we are still getting the results = good recent form.

agree with you, we do go one nil down in a lot of games! This isn''t just with home games though in our last two away games we have conceeded 1st and i agree it has to stop happening. Doesnt really reflect our form though as the team are still gaining points from these games. Not a full gone conclusion but again I think we will win tonight 2-0Holt and Lansbury

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]agree with you, we do go one nil down in a lot of games! This isn''t just with home games though in our last two away games we have conceeded 1st and i agree it has to stop happening. Doesnt really reflect our form though as the team are still gaining points from these games. Not a full gone conclusion but again I think we will win tonight 2-0Holt and Lansbury[/quote]I''d settle for that!

True well done sideshow tim your info was spot on.

Feel a bit for Donny in same way I felt for Middlesbrough a few years ago. They did the right thing by asking through proper channels rather than not just turning up. But ultimately it would distort league. As some people have already said on here if they don''t play tonight when do they play again - how many players do you need to field a ''proper team'' - if they play against one of our rivals after our game is called off and lose with a slightly stronger team do we then feel agrieved because we haven''t played them.

Harsh on them though they are a decent club with a decent manager and are a good community club.

you dont actually have to name Any subs in a game of football. if they have 11 fit and healthy players the game goes ahead.whether or not they want to name the other 2 as subs is up to them but a squad of 13 is adequate. there are no rules regarding naming of subs as far as im aware.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]you dont actually have to name Any subs in a game of football. if they have 11 fit and healthy players the game goes ahead.whether or not they want to name the other 2 as subs is up to them but a squad of 13 is adequate. there are no rules regarding naming of subs as far as im aware.[/quote]also, i believe that 7 is the minimum amount of players allowed to play in a game. So they could turn up with 7 players, start the game have one player go down "injured" and get the game called off.

I''m sorry, maybe Donny should have signed 5 players at 200/250k rather than doing their lot on Billy Sharp at 1.2m...then they might have a few more to chose from - tough tittums!

I see that Brian Stock has recovered and is fit for tonight so they might have enough for 7 subs after all [:)]

I have just listened to the radio interview with the Doncaster chairman who gave his reasons why the game should be postponed.  I wish the interviewer had asked him why they did not go out and get some loan players if things are as bad as they make out.  He was not slow in saying how they soundly beat us at their place, but then he suggested it would not be fair on the Norwich supporters if Doncaster couldn''t put out a strong team.  We are not in the game of feeling sorry for an opponent who can''t put out their strongest team, Paul Lambert has had that problem most of the season.

I really really do not like playing against a team who should have no chance and will just put everyone behind the ball. I particularly do not like the move to postpone the match almost like putting up white flag to opposition.This is the kind of game where a traditional City team came unstuck usually 0-1 Hmm maybe just being pessimistic, that is what years and years watching from the River Stand does for you!