Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Sol Campbell to sign on loan

Think this might be true. I just came on here to post it/see if anyone else had.

My mate who isn''t a NCFC fan (Chelsea fan) said he saw Sol last night at Sainsburys getting some fuel.

Also meant to say I heard it from another guys too who is ''involved'' with football that he was on his way down as a fee had been agreed.

I can''t get out of my head one of the Match of the Day 2 shows earlier in the season where he played so badly the the analysis after the game was devoted to him, it was quite embarrasing how poor he was and the pundits were trying to stop themselves from laughing. He may be a good loan signing for us, but I just can''t help feel he is past it, even in the championship, I would rather we got a CB with a bit of pace as a feel this is what we are lacking after losing Barnett

Although we can discount this as rubbish, we do need someone who can defend and stop players from playing in the box, keep out all the crossesand deep when we attack, we need to keep out the goals and have some clean sheets, so a big experienced defender like Sol won''t go a miss, at this stage of the season clean sheets will be ideal and therfore less pressure on us to score goals.

Whether this is true or not, we hust have to wait and see. Lambert said we will know later.

Remember, Lambert did say the experienced defender would be used as cover so i doubt it will be Sol Campbell, although i still think he would be very good at this level.

Also Lakey would probably recognise Sol rather than describe him as ''some big bloke'' or whatever the tweet said.

Lakey probably did recognise who it was, but wasn''t going to say on his tweet. Probably be in trouble with Archant for doing that.

You could well be right The Gut; but if it was Campbell I think his tweet would had given an indication of a big name loanee.

Yeah LOL what exactly does ''an experienced centre back'' look like compared to a not so experienced one.

He clearly recognised who it was.. would be a mega daft thing to say otherwise. Could have just been a random non footballer.

guys its not Sol lol, whoever started this was having a laugh.Lakey said he didnt recognise the guy but someone else in the office told him it looked like rob edwards. im sure he would recognise Campbell, quite hard not too

he did seem to know who it was.

"looked remarkably like an experienced defender".

Admittedly, could be anyone. But does seem intriguing, I mean would you say it the same way for some old cart-horse whose been doing the rounds (oh sorry that is Sol).

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Yeah LOL what exactly does ''an experienced centre back'' look like compared to a not so experienced one. He clearly recognised who it was.. would be a mega daft thing to say otherwise. Could have just been a random non footballer.[/quote]

Random non footballers probably don''t turn up in Aston Martins.

But that''s purely speculation.

I''m not saying what Lakey saw wasn''t a footballer. I''m saying it was.

What I''m saying is it would be daft to think Lakey would tweet that he was ''an experienced footballer'' but didn''t know it was.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Yeah LOL what exactly does ''an experienced centre back'' look like compared to a not so experienced one. He clearly recognised who it was.. would be a mega daft thing to say otherwise. Could have just been a random non footballer.[/quote]

Random non footballers probably don''t turn up in Aston Martins.

[/quote]

You should see the car I use when I go and visit the people that have my ponies on loan then 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Danny Gabbidon''s name was mentioned at the weekend.
[/quote]

Sounds like you know more than you''re letting on Jas [;)]

Its obviously Rob Edwards after all the specualtion of it being him and now Lakey saying his colleague says the player looks like Rob Edwards is his way of confirming it; this also seems more like a Lambert signing that Sol Campbell and leaves us extra funds for hopefully a loan striker