Sign in to follow this  
City man

Fans can take blame too

Tonight the fans can take partial responsibility for the poor result... For everytime we had the ball in defence with no one causing us any trouble the fans got on their backs and made them hoof the ball forward into no mans land... We need patience...

[quote user="City man"]Tonight the fans can take partial responsibility for the poor result... For everytime we had the ball in defence with no one causing us any trouble the fans got on their backs and made them hoof the ball forward into no mans land... We need patience...[/quote]

Yeah, I blame everyone in the lower Barclay for not standing on the touchline to urge them to play the ball wide, and not try to pass it through a heavily congested middle of the pitch where everyone was man marked.

Beam me up Scotty.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="City man"]Tonight the fans can take partial responsibility for the poor result... For everytime we had the ball in defence with no one causing us any trouble the fans got on their backs and made them hoof the ball forward into no mans land... We need patience...[/quote]

Yeah, I blame everyone in the lower Barclay for not standing on the touchline to urge them to play the ball wide, and not try to pass it through a heavily congested middle of the pitch where everyone was man marked.

Beam me up Scotty.

[/quote]Yeah, to be fair to the fans, they will usually support (or at least tolerate) knocking the ball about at the back, especially when we''re ahead. Tonight, however, there were too many sideways and backwards passes in our own third, and a fair few to players who were being quickly closed down, forcing them to go back to Ruddy. As usual, Fox did well in showing for passes to feet from the centre-backs, but we never really got our passing cohesion going in the middle third, which was what caused the frustration I think. As a result, we were trying to keep possession at the back to build confidence, but all that happened is that we became increasingly toothless and frustrated.