Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

We got what we deserved

For another poor, lethargic home performance and for not investing in the second striker we all knew we needed.

Its often said on here that lambert will not allow complacency but our performances at home, particularly in the first half, suggest otherwise. They were coasting from the outset tonight and we were made to pay.

That said, a decent second striker and it would have been game over tonight. I actually thought wilbraham''s general play was pretty good but I can''t ever see him scoring as evidenced by that sitter he missed.

Elsewhere lansbury once again did a couple of nice touches interspersed with long spells of doing nothing at all. He does not do enough for me in general play.

Also whitbread is the only defender in any sort of form. Martin is average at best at present, ward is out of sorts and drury looks half the player he did before his injury.

All is far from lost but plenty of concerns!

Finally, whilst I might moan on here from time to time, the amount of moaning in the ground tonight was pathetic. Groans after ten minutes helps nobody!

I agree totally about Drury, he looked well off the pace all night to me and like you say Martin has also been poor for a few games now after looking very good at the start of the year. The most annoying thing about tonight for me was that we looked like we didn''t want to be there for some reason, Doncaster could easily taken the lead due to our sloppy play in the first few minutes and even though we improved marginally after the break you always felt that they would score if we didn''t get the second goal and sadly so it proved. Thought we had left these kind of performances behind us in games we really should win comfortably, so annoying to drop two points like that against a team with such a threadbare squad as they had.