Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

We need to win buy at least four clear goals tonight.

Our GD is inferior to all of the teams above us and could be the difference between automatic and playoffs.

Anyone think our misfiring strikers will actually score?

Just about post on the same subject.We won''t have a better chance of improving our goal difference which could be make or break for automatic promotion.

[quote user="Larry David"]Our GD is inferior to all of the teams above us and could be the difference between automatic and playoffs.

Anyone think our misfiring strikers will actually score?[/quote]we once got into europe on a minus goal difference.. its all about the points at the end of the day.

We can''t be complacent tonight however, judging by the comments made by theier chairman, they''ve given up before they''ve even started. Therefore, it wouldn''t suprise me if we did go and thump them tonight.

[quote user="Larry David"]Our GD is inferior to all of the teams above us and could be the difference between automatic and playoffs. Anyone think our misfiring strikers will actually score?[/quote]

Add to that the fact that Forest are quite possibly going to add another 5 to theirs tonight. 

I would go with Jackson tonight , has got to be a good chance for him to bag a couple and boost his confidence . Wilbraham i just dont think will score many even at Milton Keynes in league 1 his goals were scarce.

A 1-0 win would be fine. You''re letting yourself expect too much, I highly doubt we''ll win 6-0 or anything stupid like that, 2/3 at the max I''d say. Please prove me wrong Norwich, but I''d be delighted with a 1-0 win.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]A 1-0 win would be fine. You''re letting yourself expect too much, I highly doubt we''ll win 6-0 or anything stupid like that, 2/3 at the max I''d say.

Please prove me wrong Norwich, but I''d be delighted with a 1-0 win.
[/quote]

Then you are easily pleased. We need to kick them while they''re down and add to our goal difference.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]A 1-0 win would be fine. You''re letting yourself expect too much, I highly doubt we''ll win 6-0 or anything stupid like that, 2/3 at the max I''d say. Please prove me wrong Norwich, but I''d be delighted with a 1-0 win.[/quote]

Then you are easily pleased. We need to kick them while they''re down and add to our goal difference.

[/quote]1-0 win = 3 points.Thank you and goodnight.

At the end of the day, 3 points is the most important thing, but I do agree in that if there is a game where we can hope to improve our GD it is this one, the league is so tight it could be important, we need to get tighter at the back and more ruthless in front of gaol and this is the perfect game to start

Doncaster will turn up and sit 11 men behind the ball in an attempt to come away with a 0-0 draw, or possibly hit us on the break and nick a 0-1. If we get an early goal there is a chance we can add a few more, but I would take 1-0 right now.

Tonight probably isn''t the night for Jackson as I can see Doncaster sitting on the edge of their box and drawing us in, Wilbraham''s height and ability to knock the ball down might prove the difference. Hopefully someone can shoot in a screamer in the first 10 mins and make for an enjoyable night, otherwise it might get more than a little frustrating for all the fans inside Carrow Road (exactly what Doncaster will be praying for).

[quote user="First Wizard"]In the real world, 1-0 is three points, assuming this will be easy is both arrogant and idiotic.[/quote]

I dont think anyone thinks it will be easy tonight Wiz, the games against bottom teams are always tough.

[quote user="First Wizard"]In the real world, 1-0 is three points, assuming this will be easy is both arrogant and idiotic.[/quote]Wow, a post I agree with from you.. Maybe it''s not all sarcastic rubbish you put on here after all [:)]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]In the real world, 1-0 is three points, assuming this will be easy is both arrogant and idiotic.[/quote]

Wow, a post I agree with from you.. Maybe it''s not all sarcastic rubbish you put on here after all [:)]
[/quote]

No, just some. [;)]

Seriously LY, the less pressure put on the lads the better, they''ll park a bus across their goal and frustrate us, fans have to be patient.

Quite right, Wiz!  If we aren''t one up after 10 minutes and three up by half time the crowd will at best stay muted and at worst become impatient and thereby shoot themselves in the foot.

Who is to say the Donny goalie will not have a blinder, sometimes you just cannot get past the keeper.

Let''s approach the game right and win. I am confident others will be dropping points tonight.

I agree there will never be a better opportunity to improve GD. Life does not always work that way though and the first priority has to be 3 pts anything less in these circumstances would be a massive blow

Listen, if we''re playing a team  that has roughly 8 first team members out through injury or suspension, has picked up 3 points from the last 27 - (last 9 games are 1 - 8), have scored 3 goals in the last 810 minutes of play while conceding 25, (with their last goal coming on Feb. 1st.) and we have Hoolahan, Landsbury, Surman, Holt, Fox, Wilbrham and Crofts as our attacking force and only win the game 1-0, at home..... then we have a genuine problem.We should crush Doncaster and crush them hard, because every other team around us still has to play them and if Doncaster hasn''t found a solution by then, then they''ll crush them too.This has nothing to do with arrogance or ignorance. This has everything to do with confidence. After the way the boys played against, Reading and the 2nd half against Leeds, and with Doncaster playing with so many replacement players, we should win this one. In fact, it should be an attacking training session.As someone who is a coach I can tell you that PL will be telling the boys to be patient and let Doncaster show their vulnerabilities and tension points. Play the ball wide and around the 18 to see how they react, what space opens up and how well do they mark. I''m expecting Norwich to control this game with relative ease.What I would really like to see is a little more composure from our strikers today. Can they put the majority of their shots on frame and really make the keeper work, instead of ballooning them. Adding to that, I''m becoming a fan of Holt, ever since he pulled that goal out of thin air against Burnley.Norwich: 6 - Doncaster: 0

I agre with Lincoln,how many games have we gone to expecting a big win and then not got one.Most important thing is 3pts,nuff sed.

Didn''t Hull arrive here with a similar dismal record ?

Probably more worrying is that 1st wiz posted up something that refers to the real world, is he slipping

As to the supposed ''misfiring strikers'' I would suggest as there are only two teams who have scored more than us (both who have an equal goal difference) it doesn''t matter too much. Maybe the team is playing in a way that means that the midfield is getting forward more and so will score more.

[quote user="Larry David"]Our GD is inferior to all of the teams above us and could be the difference between automatic and playoffs.

Anyone think our misfiring strikers will actually score?[/quote]BUY four goals?Sounds like blatant corruption to me.

We should win 4-0 at least but as everyone knows we are not and never have been huge scorers , saying that a lot will depend on when the first goal comes , an early goal could open the flood gates but the Norwich way is to get one just before half time and another near the end .

I can''t help think that if Ipswich tonked them 6-0 away and Swansea 3-0 at home then we should be capable of replicating something similar to that scoreline and if they parked the bus in those games then they clearly didn''t park it very well!

Folks...Sky Sports just reported that Doncaster have 14...just to spell that out FOURTEEN first team player out.We are in effect, playing their reserve team.My money is on us being 1 up inside 10 minutes - 3 up at half time and 6 up after 90 minutes.

Soon as I saw this thread earlier today, I knew we wouldn''t win :(

Ah well, roll on Saturday...